GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Terrible news from Washington.

Go down 
+52
BowraBoy
FreshEgg
Gootzibird13
rboe
wyno
eighteight
Buellbloke
Converted Duc
bjor
Pawel Spoon
pjm
SMTCapeCod
BruPo
Svartipants
GuzziSteve
BigTime
janguzzi
Jaydubb
moto
Bill Dee
Bill Hagan
Nicollini
kindoy2
moby
Leone
Oz1200Guzzi
odder
Grisonut
Clancy
sideshowbob
Lazlokovacs
Richard
GNORTS
rick pope
WCB
bioman
PJPR01
ratso88
OldMojo
JohnA
Chris W
Nobleswood
LBC Tenni
MrBob
Papa Lazarou
marcdavo
lcjohnny
beetle
Speedfrog
Street
Mario
Pete Roper
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
sideshowbob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sideshowbob

Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:47 am

Tragic!
RIP Steve!
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:08 am

Shocking & unbelievable news.
My heart is heavy for his friends and family.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:25 am

Damn it! Why is it that it's the coolest people that check out early?
I hope we can keep the Ghetto alive, that's his Legacy now.
RIP.

Speedfrog likes this post

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:57 am

I don't know enough about computers and the internet to try and run and moderate a forum but if we want to keep this place going we'll either need to take over its management somehow or re-birth it somehow.

Keeping the Ghetto alive would be but one tiny part of Steve's legacy.
Back to top Go down
odder
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
odder

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:57 am

Horrible news! RIP Steve. Only met him once or twice at MI.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:50 pm

Fark, just read this. Sad news indeed and my condolences to his wife and kids. My condolences also to all those that counted him a friend. He has also helped me out in the past.

There might be a few of us that are able to keep the site going, assuming it doesn't get lost in the void.
Back to top Go down
Leone
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Leone

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:54 pm

"He always struck me as someone of substance."

Likewise -- although I didn't know him personally, his posts stood out and I paid attention when he wrote (I bought my Arrow muffler based on his advice, and will henceforth think of him when rolling it on).

My thoughts and condolences to friends and family of this clearly awesome individual. Sad
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:15 pm

A couple of you have asked for addresses where you can send condolences. I have those for Starr and for Steve's dad, Don. I won't post them here on the Ghetto, but would be happy to share them privately if anyone wants to reach out. PM me through the Ghetto message feature.

I should also clarify; Steve was married once, but went through a divorce a few years back after which he reconnected with Starr, an old friend who herself had divorced. He was crazy about her to the end and he absolutely adored her kids. Starr and the kids are devastated as you can well imagine. Steve moved to Moses Lake to be with her and as an example of the thoughtful and loving person that he was, he bought his own house so as not to encroach on her or push too hard and risk blowing everything. I think they were both cautious about relationships and Starr was determined to protect her kids from the trauma they would suffer if things didn't work out. To that end, they maintained separate homes, but were rarely apart, and it worked. Those of you who knew him personally and those who knew him through this and other fora know that he was as loyal as the day is long and once you bonded with him you could count on that for life. What has happened is the absolute worst scenario imaginable.

I am absolutely gutted by his loss as many of you are and I too hope that the GRiSO Ghetto can live on somehow. I know absolutely nothing about such things and I hope someone can figure it out. If I could do it, I would, to honor my friend and the unbelievably smart and generous international sandbox he created for all of us to play in.

With tears dripping on my keyboard, I'll leave it at that for now. If anyone wants to reach out to Starr and her kids or Steve's dad, Don, please send me a private message.

Pete (Street)

Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Fuck_c10

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Signat16

WWW.REIQUAM.COM      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!

Last edited by Street on Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:32 pm; edited 2 times in total

Oz1200Guzzi and Clancy like this post

Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
moby
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
moby

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:50 pm

Street wrote:
A couple of you have asked for addresses where you can send condolences. I have those for Starr and for Steve's dad, Don. I won't post them here on the Ghetto, but would be happy to share them privately if anyone wants to reach out. PM me through the Ghetto message feature.

I should also clarify; Steve was married once, but went through a divorce a few years back after which he reconnected with Starr, an old friend who herself had divorced. He was crazy about her to the end and she and her kids are devastated as you can well imagine. Steve moved to Moses Lake to be with her and in a sign of the thoughtful and loving person that he was, he bought his own house so as not to encroach on her or push too hard and risk blowing everything. I think they were both cautious about relationships and Starr was determined to protect her kids from the trauma they would suffer if things didn't work out. To that end, they maintained separate homes, but were rarely apart, and it worked. Those of you who knew him personally and those who knew him through this and other fora know that he was as loyal as the day is long and once you bonded with him you could count on that for life.

I am absolutely gutted by his loss as many of you are and I too hope that the GRiSO Ghetto can live on somehow. I know absolutely nothing about such things and I hope someone can figure it out. If I could do it, I would to honor my friend and the unbelievably smart and generous international sandbox he created for all of us to play in.

With tears dripping on my keyboard, I'll leave it at that for now. If anyone wants to reach out to Starr and her kids or Steve's dad, Don, please send me a private message.

Pete (Street)

Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Fuck_c10

Steak's passing is such a shock. Let's hope the site lasts until at least until we can give tribute to him. Do let us know how we can forward tributes and help in any way.

Moby

Oz1200Guzzi likes this post

Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:06 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
I don't know enough about computers and the internet to try and run and moderate a forum but if we want to keep this place going we'll either need to take over its management somehow or re-birth it somehow.

I know enough about the forum structure thing to be dangerous, and absolutely will help in anyway I can.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:35 pm

Thanks Doug. Anything I can do to help I will but I fear I'd be about as much help as tits on a bull....
Back to top Go down
kindoy2
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kindoy2

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:34 am

Very sorry to read this..RIP..
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:13 am

An update. As Greg points out, the details really don't matter, he's gone, but in the interest of factual reporting - the Coroner's report lists the official cause of death as Freshwater Drowning. He was apparently, otherwise healthy. I just wish he'd been wearing his damn life vest.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Back to top Go down
Nicollini
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Nicollini

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:51 am

As a newbie on this forum and visiting countless threads, Steak always popped up, always involved, always wanting to help. Sounds like a person that was reliable and always there for other GRiSO lovers, huge shoes to fill.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:44 am

Have been riding for almost a week in Tennessee, etc.

Dialed in the Ghetto and hit "new posts," and looked forward to the many I've missed over the past several days.

Sitting here stunned. More when I muse more on this devastating loss to Guzzidom.

Check PM's, please, Pete.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Mario
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Mario

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:38 am

His be st friend Donnie texted me a link to an article on the incident, but since I am new here, I can't post it. I texted it to Street. Perhaps he can post it.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:51 am

Greg,

I can't seem to get that link to work, but here's the same information from the Lane County Sheriff's website:

Clicky

Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:23 am

Pete Roper wrote:

Well said Pete.
And I don't know squat about computers as well but I hope someone can help us...

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Bill Dee
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Bill Dee

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:38 am

Well this a terrible loss of life. What a wonderful human being. Thanks for being you. May God have mercy on your soul. Condolences to Loved Ones, Family and Freinds.

Back to top Go down
moto
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
moto

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:11 pm

I didn't know Steak, but only admired him on the forum. His loss is of course terrible, and I send my condolences to Starr and Steak's family.

Moto

Last edited by moto on Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
Jaydubb
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Jaydubb

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:02 pm

Thanks for the heads up Pete. Looked on here to see if ya all heard. Speed safely all!
Back to top Go down
janguzzi
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
janguzzi

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:50 am

Terrible news. Condolences to his family. R.I.P Steve.
Back to top Go down
http://www.janguzzi.de/
BigTime
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
BigTime

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:30 pm

I'm feeling sadness.
Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:19 am

Wow, just looked on here. Been busy swinging a hammer.

Just terrible, prayers for all involved w/Steve. Hope the Ghetto survives. Ride Safe, everyone.
Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:52 am

I am sad. Steve was the first to welcome me to the Ghetto.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Terrible news from Washington.   Terrible news from Washington. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Terrible news from Washington.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next