GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New Red Devil GRiSO Update

Go down 
+3
tom collins
GuzziSteve
leafman60
7 posters
AuthorMessage
leafman60
Carlotto
Carlotto
leafman60

New Red Devil GRiSO Update Empty
PostSubject: New Red Devil GRiSO Update    New Red Devil GRiSO Update Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:21 pm

It's been a while since my last post so I thought I'd do an update.  Weather this time of year can be hit or miss plus I've had other bikes that need attention BUT I HAVE been riding the GRiSO.  Still not to 3000 miles yet.

I installed some wonderful Michelin Pilot Power CT2 tires on the girl soon after getting the bike and they stick like covered with glue (running 38F, 42R psi).  I put on a set of very nice Rizoma Clubman bars with Rizoma grips (had to modify for fitment). Along with that I put on a very nice pair of Pazzo levers and then capped it off with a Dart wind deflector.  

My stock fueling seems quite good.  The off-idle slightly rough spot seems to have disappeared. Perhaps this is somewhat due to the colder temps. I'm also running a open Mistral high pipe.  Sounds awesome after taking the time to get it burned in.

I topped up the tank with a little over half yesterday and my fuel economy was 42+ MPG. That ain't bad and it hasn't been ridden mildly.  I like that mileage and don't want to lose it with a re-map unless I really need it.  I have all the necessary gear for Guzzi Diag from my Stelvio days and I have several maps that would probably work fine.  So far, I'm not strongly induced to screw with the maps.  Maybe down the road. It runs like a raped ape presently.

These are awesome machines.  Sigh, I guess I'm going to soon tear off the rear end and check the grease.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by leafman60 on Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:38 am; edited 3 times in total

Bill Hagan, JohnA, lcjohnny, Dave Swanson, Nobleswood, BowraBoy, kindoy2 and Svartipants like this post

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: New Red Devil GRiSO Update    New Red Devil GRiSO Update Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:27 pm

Good to see it's working for you.
Back to top Go down
leafman60
Carlotto
Carlotto
leafman60

PostSubject: Re: New Red Devil GRiSO Update    New Red Devil GRiSO Update Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:49 pm

GuzziSteve wrote:
Good to see it's working for you.

Hey, ole buddy. Hope you're doing well !

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: New Red Devil GRiSO Update    New Red Devil GRiSO Update Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:46 am

Jest fine, riding sidecar rig this last week.
Back to top Go down
tom collins
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
tom collins

PostSubject: Re: New Red Devil GRiSO Update    New Red Devil GRiSO Update Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:39 pm

Very tasteful mods. She looks great.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: New Red Devil GRiSO Update    New Red Devil GRiSO Update Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:19 am

Looks great! If you see this guy near your bike make sure to take your key with you.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Bill Hagan likes this post

Back to top Go down
leafman60
Carlotto
Carlotto
leafman60

PostSubject: Re: New Red Devil GRiSO Update    New Red Devil GRiSO Update Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:53 pm

guzziownr wrote:
Looks great! If you see this guy near your bike make sure to take your key with you.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Oh yes, I see and talk to Tom regularly. We Guzzi people have to stick together.  I just have trouble getting him to go riding!

Back to top Go down
leafman60
Carlotto
Carlotto
leafman60

PostSubject: Re: New Red Devil GRiSO Update    New Red Devil GRiSO Update Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:56 pm

By the way, I've really liked the Rizoma Clubman bars on this GRiSO.  Has anyone else tried them??  The other Rizoma bits are also first-rate quality.

The Michelin Pilot Power 2CT tires are also fantastic. They are very sticky and you feel that both on straight acceleration as well as on curvy road surfaces.

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
tazio
Carlotto
Carlotto
tazio

PostSubject: Re: New Red Devil GRiSO Update    New Red Devil GRiSO Update Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 28, 2023 2:14 pm

Hey leafman, here in Acworth, Ga. Great mods so far. Thanks for update. Here's mine..

kidsmoke and Richard like this post

Back to top Go down
kidsmoke
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
kidsmoke

PostSubject: Re: New Red Devil GRiSO Update    New Red Devil GRiSO Update Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:51 pm

leafman60 wrote:
The Michelin Pilot Power 2CT tires are also fantastic.  They are very sticky and you feel that both on straight acceleration as well as on curvy road surfaces.

I'm due for a set of tires. Wondering what you're coming from? Was planning to climb on the Road 5 bandwagon...but these seem to tick the same boxes.

Nice work on the GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
McCarthy1983
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
McCarthy1983

PostSubject: Re: New Red Devil GRiSO Update    New Red Devil GRiSO Update Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 29, 2023 11:25 am

How do you find the clubman bars, do they offer a slightly sportier riding position aka cafe racer
Back to top Go down
leafman60
Carlotto
Carlotto
leafman60

PostSubject: Re: New Red Devil GRiSO Update    New Red Devil GRiSO Update Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:37 am

McCarthy1983 wrote:
How do you find the clubman bars, do they offer a slightly sportier riding position aka cafe racer

The clubman grips are substantially lower and forward compared to stock. Gets me a bit more over the tank. This may also reduce my weight on the stock seat that I unexpectedly find acceptably comfortable.

Maybe the best improvement for me are the Michelin Pilot Power 2CT tires.

Back to top Go down
leafman60
Carlotto
Carlotto
leafman60

PostSubject: Re: New Red Devil GRiSO Update    New Red Devil GRiSO Update Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:52 am

Another Update 10-22-23

Took the Red Devil out for a VERY spirited run today with a friend on his Honda. Man, this thing is running GOOD! About 3500 miles on it now.

Back to top Go down
GuzziSteve
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
GuzziSteve

PostSubject: Re: New Red Devil GRiSO Update    New Red Devil GRiSO Update Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 23, 2023 2:51 pm

Hammer Down David, it'll take it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Red Devil GRiSO Update    New Red Devil GRiSO Update Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New Red Devil GRiSO Update
Page 1 of 1