GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Airbox hole...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
motografando
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
motografando

Airbox hole... Empty
PostSubject: Airbox hole...   Airbox hole... Icon_minitime1Thu May 02, 2024 7:49 pm

Hi everyone, yesterday during some works on my '06 GRiSO 1100, i noticed an hole on the bottom of the airbox, just next the rear footpeg.

There's a hose clamp with a residual rubber tube or plug, i don't understand.

the hole is this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

on service manual i cant found anything.

What i've to place here? i dont think leaving it disconnected is a good thing.

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
https://motografando.altervista.org/
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

Airbox hole... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbox hole...   Airbox hole... Icon_minitime1Thu May 02, 2024 7:55 pm

It's a drain, should be a drain pipe connected & with plug at bottom to drain excess oil/water. Agree as a min it should be blocked...better to have drain line
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Airbox hole... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbox hole...   Airbox hole... Icon_minitime1Fri May 03, 2024 12:11 am

Yup, that is one if the two airbox drains. In the book it's called the 'Water Drain, but I think you would have to be riding in a flood of biblical proportions for water of any quantity to get into the airbox. There is another drain at the front of the box on the bottom and it too should have a hose on it and both hoses should run down in front of the swingarm and be secured in a looped wire clip just inboard of the right hand footrest hanger plate. It is also important that they both be plugged as they drain from the 'Clean' side of the airbox and if unplugged or, as is so often the case, they have fractured along their length due to the crappy quality of the OE hose, then dirty, dusty air will be drawn up into the airbox where it will contaminate the throttlebodies leading to serious damage. The 50mm throttlebodies on the 1200's are particularly fragile in this respect so these hoses are particularly vital to maintain in good condition on these models.

Svartipants likes this post

Back to top Go down
motografando
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
motografando

Airbox hole... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbox hole...   Airbox hole... Icon_minitime1Mon May 06, 2024 8:51 am

Hi pete, thank you, temporarily i closed it, soon i will make a T-joint to connect it with the other drain tube.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://motografando.altervista.org/
Sponsored content

Airbox hole... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Airbox hole...   Airbox hole... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Airbox hole...
Page 1 of 1