12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Quandary of not being able to test ride a GRiSO.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bobbyfromnc
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Quandary of not being able to test ride a GRiSO.   Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:35 am

You know guys... I've learned quite a bit here on this forum. I will soon list my HD to sale and I anticipate being able to sell it in a month or so. I am stoked about possibility of purchasing a new 2013 GRiSO. Here's the quandary... As much as I like the GRiSO, the only dealer around about 100 miles away does not have a GRiSO on demo. I am reluctant to buy something I haven't ridden. BUT I did get to test ride a norge and man did I like it. So smooth, powerful and COMFORTABLE and again I say COMFORTABLE. I was so impressed. How is the comfort level of a norge compare to a GRiSO? When I say comfort I am not talking about places to store crap but a ride comparision. I am just asking the question to those of you who may know or can offer a realistic opinion. Thanks. BK
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Quandary of not being able to test ride a GRiSO.   Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:31 am

I haven't ridden a Norge (and I do want to very much) but I have been quite fine spending all day in the saddle of my GRiSO.
I am 6'4" tall tho and most of the normal length members of this August Forum get the 1" lower foot pegs and they are fine.

DM

PS - I am packing a 36" inseam

Last edited by DungeonMaster on Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Quandary of not being able to test ride a GRiSO.   Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:33 am

Not sure I qualify for giving a "reasonable opinion," but, as I own both, I'll give it a shot.

Packing our car just now and getting "the look" from The Wife queen , so this will be hurried and no doubt incomplete.  bounce

Presume you rode an 8v Norge; mine is a 2007 (with 60K), but I have logged a few hundred miles on my brother's 2012.  Have only carried Kathi -- a gifted pillion, btw -- on mine, tho ergos between two models pretty much the same.

I have 10K or so on my GRiSO.  Thought most of those miles would have been brief bursts of day trips in the hills.  The reality has been that most of the miles have been multi-day touring with HB bags, w/s, and tank bag.

I have found, to my great surprise, that the GRiSO is, at least for me -- 220 (well, when I shower; more in ATGATT Shocked) ) 71" height, 30" inseam, 34" to wrists -- a fine and comfortable tourer.

Now, if I had to choose between the two for a multi-day ride fully loaded (and, especially, with a pillion), the Norge wins.  Easily.

Happily, I don't have to choose.

Trust that this has been, even if rushed, responsive and helpful.  Feel free to narrow the question.

"Uhm ... Yes, Dear ... I'm coming."   Rolling Eyes

Bill

P.S.  I am 300 miles north of you, but you are most welcome to ride mine for a "demo."  PM me if interested for more.

Last edited by Bill Hagan on Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bioman
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: Quandary of not being able to test ride a GRiSO.   Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:39 am

I guess it depends (as it always does Smile ).  On your inseam, the length of your arms, on your riding style, and what you want to use your GRiSO for.  I never rode a Norge but I can almost guarantee that it will be a much more comfortable bike than a GRiSO.

I am 6'2" and would probably benefit from lowered footpegs and raised handlebars. But somehow it all just fits as soon as I get on the bike. It's is such a thrill; "comfort" is just not a word that comes to my mind. I don't think GRISOs were made for comfort.  Powerful? Yes.  Smooth? Possibly, but it seems to me more like a well-oiled crunchyness (if such a thing is possible).

And I also bought my GRiSO without a test ride. I just HAD to have it. It turned out to be perfect.

Last edited by bioman on Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Quandary of not being able to test ride a GRiSO.   Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:45 am

"If you are uncomfortable you are not going fast enough"
and the GRiSO will certainly entice you to ride like you stole it! Smile
Comfort is not really an issue or concern.

DM
Back to top Go down
Guzziboy66
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Quandary of not being able to test ride a GRiSO.   Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:52 pm

I had the same dilema last year. The dealer had a GRiSO but would not allow me a test ride... Not to be deterred, I posted up on our local MGNOC page and asked if I could get a test ride... A member stepped up and offered his GRiSO to ride. The coolest thing was that we rode my regular Sunday ride - so I was really able to compare and contrast the GRiSO to other bikes I've ridden. That ride sealed the deal and I bought the G. Sorry - I've never ridden a Norge.

Eric
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Quandary of not being able to test ride a GRiSO.   Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:25 pm

Smile
You don't _need_ to ride the Norge.
You have a GRiSO.

DM
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Quandary of not being able to test ride a GRiSO.   Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:04 pm

I'm 5.7" and the bike is perfect for me...
I can ride all day long with no problems, no monkey butt or leg discomfort etc...
When I say all day long, I mean from dusk till dawn. Very Happy

I've ridden a Norge but not long enough to give you a real comparo.
The bike felt right though.
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Quandary of not being able to test ride a GRiSO.   Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:04 pm

I bought my GRiSO without a test ride as well,  but I just new that I loved the look and style of the bike and I had to have one. I have never ridden the Norge but when I bought the GRiSO I had an Fjr which is a similar type of bike and is very roomy for carrying a pillion on long journeys.I feel the GRiSO would be a bit tight for the pillion when touring.

I really bought the GRiSO as a one person bike, It will carry a pillion without any problem but you just wont have the same room / comfort as the Norge in my opinion.

I am 5' 6" with a 32" inseam and find the GRiSO comfortable for all day riding with the 1" lowered pegs.

Hope this helps,
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Quandary of not being able to test ride a GRiSO.   Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:40 pm

Oh yeah, I too bought my 09 GRiSO without test riding one.
A big nono for me in normal scenario and I never done that before but the Internet is your friend...
I relied on related Forums like Wildgoose, Guzzitech etc...
So after educating myself with the Pros an Cons I felt comfortable enough to pull the trigger.
Also, I rode all day when I picked it up to make sure I was ok with the bike.
Didn't matter, the first 20 miles is all it took for mee to feel confident about the purchase. Very Happy
First Guzzi for me and it clicked right away...
Back to top Go down
bobbyfromnc
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Quandary of not being able to test ride a GRiSO.   Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:37 am

Thanks to everyone who responded... Thanks for the positive encouragement on a GRiSO purchase concerning your personal experiences from riding your GRiSO. Also for the kindhearted support. BK

Bill H when it gets a bit warmer I will PM you.

You know the funny thing is... MinglewoodNC one of our fellow members lives less than 30 miles from me. According to stats he's made one post. He made a reply to one of my threads back before the holidays about riding his GRiSO. Since then I have attemped to PM him 4 times with no luck. Perhaps he will wonder back here to the getto and see the messages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quandary of not being able to test ride a GRiSO.   Today at 6:17 am

Back to top Go down

Quandary of not being able to test ride a GRiSO.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: