12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

It's the Australia Day long weekend!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: It's the Australia Day long weekend!   Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:01 pm

So in keeping with the theme here is some advice from my local!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And getting into the spirit of the holiday the 'Royal Horse' the hotel's mascot, as put on its surf lifesavers hat and applied zinc cream to its schnozz!

Yes, the staff and publican are as silly as us!

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: It's the Australia Day long weekend!   Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:11 pm

We've got Aussie flag bunting across the living room, a flag hanging out the front, a flag table cloth on the coffee table and both Leah and I will be dressed in Aussie flag get up. I'm cooking up 8 racks of baby back ribs and 16 marinated lamb cutlets on the 'Q tomorrow for our celebratory BBQ.  Got beer, wine and liquor out the wazoo!

Aussie! Aussie! Aussie! Oi! Oi! Oi!

Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: It's the Australia Day long weekend!   Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:16 pm

Madness!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: It's the Australia Day long weekend!   Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:28 pm

Yeah, it's like 4th of July but without the gravitas and faux solemnity. Don't worry, we have whole tribes of boganic retards who want to turn the day into a celebration of white supremacist conquest and mono cultural cant. To them I purse my lips, poke my tongue through them and blow vigorously!

We intend to drink beer, eat too much and generally cut up rough and anybody is welcome to join us!

All hail the 'Land of the Long Weekend! Very Happy

Pete

That is a spectacularly stupid hat!
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: It's the Australia Day long weekend!   Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:56 am

Yep Stralya Day. Double Bastard Debloody Defuckenmerits. Chores to do round the house ( Idont want a new bike I think), short blat on The Wog Bike ( medicinal purposes only) and beers and rums in the arvo. LAMB CHOPS for dinner. How good is that.
Back to top Go down
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato

PostSubject: Re: It's the Australia Day long weekend!   Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:53 am

Have a great weekend!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
http://www.grisoghetto.com
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: It's the Australia Day long weekend!   Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:32 am

I'm off to sydney harbour on a cruise for the day..
Taking my wife and my mum for a cruise around to check out the festivities.
Proberly should be staying home to have s bbq and drink beer.
Back to top Go down
Tassiedevil71
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: It's the Australia Day long weekend!   Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:27 am

To my fellow Antipodeans, I hope you all enjoy the day and are able to share and celebrate it with family and friends.

I know there are the less fortunate in this Great Southern Land of ours and it is by no means perfect, but when I look around the world I am so thankful for what I have, where I live and that I can raise my family without the horrors that befall so many. To me it still is "The Lucky Country".

Cheers Taz.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: It's the Australia Day long weekend!   Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:23 am

Very Good Tassiedevil71! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Tassiedevil71
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: It's the Australia Day long weekend!   Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:47 pm

DungeonMaster wrote:
Very Good Tassiedevil71!  Thumbs Up

Thanks DM.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: It's the Australia Day long weekend!   Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:31 am

Well I survived another pubic public holiday with my licence intact (not that I went out much). Had my mother-out-law saying with a friend of hers - all very civilised (excuse me while I puke).

Had the obligatory beer, now about to start on some top shelf rum (smacks lips).

I did manage to fix my electrical woes on my bike (the old dirty connections on the battery/main earth point) and she is rearing to go - now for the weather to "improve" - I need to do one or two more "tuning runs" for Mr Beetle, but want good weather to allow me to do the maximum I can to help...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: It's the Australia Day long weekend!   Mon Jan 26, 2015 2:18 am

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
I need to do one or two more "tuning runs" for Mr Beetle

Yes you do. Gregg is next.
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: It's the Australia Day long weekend!   Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:25 am

Oz1200guzzi, what sorta rum do you prefer? I am fairly partial to a tot or two of Inner Circle O.P. At 76% I often wonder how it'd go in the bike.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: It's the Australia Day long weekend!   Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:09 am

Charlie, not tried that one - yet! Quite partial to a Kraken or a Captain Morgan Black. Elements Eight is also pretty nice; Stolen; Captain Morgan Private Stock, work down from there, could be a long night...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's the Australia Day long weekend!   Today at 1:54 am

Back to top Go down

It's the Australia Day long weekend!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: