GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO Cafe Racer

Go down 
+21
Blue
little750
Andy in NZ
tocino
The Saint
damoru
LBC Tenni
Oz1200Guzzi
Guzzi Cat
beetle
Pete Roper
motomonster
DungeonMaster
keenerkeen07
plantboy
Steak
Street
Grisonut
Enzo the baker
bikesnbones
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:11 pm

DungeonMaster wrote:
I am a complete café bike bike weinie. Always have been.
And I love reading Pete and beetle rant about them.
Especially since they are spot on about the poseurs.
Doesn't bother me any.

I like café bikes because they have the form follows function esthetic that I love and and they look great and they suit my riding style and my preferred ergos.
So I will continue chuckling at the rantings of Pete and beetle.
They are great guys in my book.

DM

I had a demo ride on a V7 Cafe, and also found that the ergo's suited me so well.
Sweet bike, and if it was just me, it would have been fine, but I do a lot of travelling with the Mrs. and luggage, and although I did not put it through this test, I did feel that it may be a bit cramped with two on board, and a tad underpowered for these duties, which is a shame as there is a dual seat option for this bike
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:32 pm

How many times do I have to say it? People can do anything they like with their bikes, it worries me not a jot. I'm not going to coo and sigh and say how wonderful they are when I don't think they are wonderful, that's all.

If you want to see something meritorious try this on for size.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Everything about George's bike is outstanding and executed with devotion and respect.

This

Sad-Sack of Shit is a butchered up waste of a motorbike.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:37 pm

I took my 2013 Thruxton to 4 track days in 2013 alone. Race Tech suspension on the front, Hagon shocks on the back. No poseur here. On a tight, technical road it would give my GRiSO a run for it's money. The Thruxton's frame geometry, brakes and parallel engine design conspire to make it a mediocre track bike, looked pretty cool however. I've never ridden a V7 or a Racer but I would imagine these two would suffer the same fate. Never understood why some people feel the need to rail on other riders choices. Sometimes you just want to ride a bike that looks cool. Anyway this discussion is so much more fun than someone droning on and on about his fucking maps. And some crusty curmudgeon warning us about the dangers of flat tappets.
cheers
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:51 pm

Pete Roper wrote:

This

Sad-Sack of Shit is a butchered up waste of a motorbike.

Pete

Holly shit Pete!!! Small world!
That ugliness belong to a local mechanic that is going back to his native Country of Switzerland for some reasons...
Some of my friends advised me to use him to work on my bikes but not only I prefer to work on them myself, the guy's poor taste kinda turns me off despite the fact that he had a good reputation.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:09 pm

Enzo the baker wrote:
Anyway this discussion is so much more fun than someone droning on and on about his fucking maps. And some crusty curmudgeon warning us about the dangers of flat tappets.
cheers

Now, whom could that be?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:16 pm

OK. I've just twigged that bikesnbones is a troll just like that fuckwit Enzo The Baker. Another one on the ignore list. cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:22 pm

.............................................................bounce INTERMISSION bounce .........................................................

Guy walks into a bar with his pet monkey,he orders a drink and while hes drinking the monkey jumps all over the place eating everything behind the bar, then the monkey jumps up on the pool table and eats the cue ball.
The bartender screams at the guy ''Your Monkey just ate the cue ball off my table whole"

Sorry the guy says ''He eats everything in sight the little bastard'' ..i will pay for it all..
the man pays up finishes his drink and leaves.

Two weeks later, hes in the bar again with his pet monkey , he orders a drink and the monkey starts running around the bar, he finds a maraschino cherry sticks it up his ass, pulls it out and eats it.

The bartender is disgusted '' did you see what your monkey did now? he asks.

''Yeah,"replies the guy He still eats everYthing in sight, but ever since he swallowed that cue ball he measures stuff first
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:29 pm

beetle wrote:
OK. I've just twigged that bikesnbones is a troll just like that fuckwit Enzo The Baker. Another one on the ignore list. cheers

Fuck off!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:46 pm

Fuckwit? That's the best you can come up with? I am actually disappointed. I was expecting something more vile. You contentious cunt, see I can play too! cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:35 pm

Get with it you lot, Beetle already wears the crown of "pontificating prick" from a previous thread.
So you have to beat that one to even get a response.

Meanwhile, I don't know if my Bellagio is viewed as a poor tasting cafe' latte sipping spoof, or an engineering masterpiece. I don't give a fire truck!

Its mine and it makes me smile every time I ride it, most of you will never get to ride it so you'll never fuckin' know what ya missin'.

Cheers, I'm gonna make another latte now.

Last edited by ghezzi on Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:38 pm

beetle wrote:

I was advised by PM by someone that you were Mr. Ropers faithful little lap dog, and I see they were not wrong.
Maybe you two should start your own little chat room, where you can mutually appreciate each other without being interrupted by us luddites.
Look, I may be the new kid in the class, but I despise bullies and it hasn't taken me long to work out that PR is the worst kind.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:40 pm

FWIW if I'd thought it was an ill conceived or boring turd it wouldn't have that hideous shiny tank Very Happy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:48 pm

Well I was gonna paint it Pete until you labelled it "crass and vulgar".
Maybe I've been touched by the same creative cosmetic fairy as your good self, crass and vulgar appeals to me so to plantboys horror and disgust, the shiny tank stays.
Maybe I should call her Antimony?
Back to top Go down
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:53 pm

ghezzi wrote:
Well I was gonna paint it Pete until you labelled it "crass and vulgar".?

I find it hilarious coming from someone who ruins a great bike by painting it bile green, and then sticks an exhaust on it that looks like a piece of industrial air conditionining duct pipe.
But hey, as he says, do what you like
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:20 pm

Along the lines of your question bnb. You may have already seen these though so...Btw, welcome to the forum!

or

Back to top Go down
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:29 pm

1151 wrote:
Along the lines of your question bnb. You may have already seen these though so...Btw, welcome to the forum!

or

Thanks mate.
Nice to be made to feel welcome, rather than something found at the bottom of someone's shoe.
Now that really is interesting, although quite dramatic.
Before I opted for a GRiSO, I was contemplating de-cruiserising a Bellagio.
The frame allows for so many possibilities, whereas I accept the GRiSO one, does not.
BTW
Speaking of crass.
One day I saw a Harley parked up, with a face airbrushed onto the tank.
Looked almost like Jesus.
Bizzar.
Then I saw the owner come out and quickly realised that it was his face on the tank.
Of course I could have adopted the PR approach to diplomacy, and told him his bike looked like a pile of crap, but I would have almost definitely got my face filled in.
He was a gig fugger.
That's the thing about opinions.
If you'd never tell someone to their face that their taste stinks you shouldn't do it from behind a keyboard, because that would make you a cowardly gobshite.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:01 pm

That title is misleading, it's a G12 motor in a (big block) Tonti frame. The only thing from a V7 is the tank, and even that is just a spin off from a Mk1 Le Mans tank, that was later reincarnated on the 1000S.

As for the video, same monotonous monotone voice over, as the Anonymous youtube vids.
I like the 936CR but unfortunately it is purely a cosmetic show piece, still has the stock shit brakes. Clip-ons but stock foot peg position, wrong! Pod filters installed to allow easier fitment of the fuel tank, so no creative engineering to maintain or increase performance, pods will lose you midrange torque. Why fit GRiSO double walled headers? Custom headers would have been lighter, and could have been equal length. Any real ride reports on this bike?

S'pose I was lucky the V7 tank was gifted to me, to make it work I have reduced its capacity to 16 litres so it fits over the standard air box (minus lid). That cost $1200 but it works. Could have had an alloy tank for the same price, but nobody makes them for EFI, only carbys.

Oh well, each to their own .................................................
Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:22 pm

Sheeit! came for a look see this arvo and found a bomb had gone off.cheers  Well Wayne if you won't take a grinder to that tank you should at least fit one of those tan leather straps.... smirk, smirk.

And bnb, you are most welcome mate, no personal offence intended.  Like you mentioned, 'everyone has an opinion' and we know the rest. Wink  It's a broad church here and the fact that most of us ride and actually love our GRiSOs is the unifying thread.  That you like the 'Racer' and I don't is of little consequence.Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:35 pm

Hey Gil, I like my girls in black leather thank you very much. And I have Bagster tank bag fitted via a little black leather G string. Veeerrryyy sexy, bwaahahahahahah.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:40 pm

ghezzi wrote:

Cheers, I'm gonna make another latte now.

Don't forget to hold your pinky up whilst your slurp it.. Thumbs Up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:04 pm

Which one? I've got three. pirat
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:27 am

whew......looks like we are all settled down for a bit , nothing like a sleep and perhaps a poke to calm the nerves ...Eh Smile
I think the thing is that most of us are old farts and we get settled in our ways , common ground would be the best solution I figure , how about we pick on Harley's for a bit ...odds are there are fewer of the faithful on this site..
Or I may offer myself up as a sacrificial lamb and state that my other favorite bike is a 2005 Mutistrada 1000s Mad  Laughing  
thing is I think Motorcycles bring out the passion in everyone that love em and that is a good thing what ever some one thinks about this or that is mute really , its more about the ride in my opinion and we all have had some great ones .
ITs snowing here for fucks sake , go ride your bikes
Keener
Back to top Go down
damoru
Carlotto
Carlotto
damoru

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:49 am

Didnt read previous posts, but I think that a Bellagio should be a better café base. GRiSO frame and tank is (form me) a handicap: hard to replace, hard to make fit anything but stock.

Anyway, I'll come by here to ser any progresa or ideas.
Back to top Go down
damoru
Carlotto
Carlotto
damoru

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:52 am

Thats what i was talking about.

A local dealer made this, using a Bellagio.
Back to top Go down
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:34 am

damoru wrote:
Thats what i was talking about.

A local dealer made this, using a Bellagio.

I don't give a flying f**k what the boring old farts say.
That thing rocks.
Looks very well executed, although I think the styling cue's may have been taken from British bike builder Red - Max (or vice-versa)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Cafe Racer   GRiSO Cafe Racer - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO Cafe Racer
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next