12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Anyone have a Breva 750?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Spaceknight
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Anyone have a Breva 750?   Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:16 am

A couple nice looking Breva 750s showed up on Craig's List near me.

A 2004 for $3200 and a 2008 for $4000. Both with around 10k miles. Thought one may make a nice stablemate to the GRiSO although it may be possible to have too much of a good thing.

Thought maybe it would make a nice backup / commuter bike. Anything to look for on these?
Back to top Go down
little750
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a Breva 750?   Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:38 am

I have one not a bad bike, electrics and dash can have issues check everything works and if you buy change the plug caps. It is totally different to the GRiSO but good for running into town. Also the cat can become loose in the silencer and cause a bit of rattle.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a Breva 750?   Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:10 pm

Small block I presume?
Watch the oil level!! I have heard that from everyone that knows anything about them.
Constantly.
or get a sump extender.

DM
Back to top Go down
wyno
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a Breva 750?   Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:12 pm

I had one until I got the GRiSO. As has been said watch the oil level and buy a sump extender from Guzzi Power. Pete got one for me from there and I didn't have to worry about the oil level on long trips. One of the few things I found wrong about the bike for me was that you are stuck in one position with the seat, you cant move fore and aft, which can be a bit of a nuisance on long trips. And yes you can do long trips. I did one trip of 1500 km ( roughly 950 miles) in 20 hours, to go to a relative's funeral, and I was still able to walk afterwards. The bike is good round town too. Another thing I did was replace the stock fork springs and the rear shocks with Ikon products. They absolutely transform the handling. It went from wallowing through long sweepers to being able to hold a line at nearly any speed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone have a Breva 750?   Today at 11:17 am

Back to top Go down

Anyone have a Breva 750?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: