GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Michelin v Dunlop

Go down 
+10
plantboy
Grisonut
Charlie J
DungeonMaster
Tod.
Oz1200Guzzi
Street
Pete Roper
beetle
mark111
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Michelin v Dunlop - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michelin v Dunlop   Michelin v Dunlop - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:36 am

Stay away from the regular Diablo though.
I tried it once but it only stayed on the bike 200 miles.
Bought it at Cycle Gear on sale for $99 but it wasn't much savings at all. Useless...
Back to top Go down
Tod.
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Tod.

PostSubject: Re: Michelin v Dunlop   Michelin v Dunlop - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:57 pm

Grisonut wrote:
Tod. wrote:
It rains a lot here, in France too......

In France too??
Go further South Son! Laughing Laughing
I got a plan to run down to the Bavarian Alps this summer, but some of them high alpine passes are still snow covered during the summer. I tried to persuade a few guys to join me on a trip to La Baneza this August, but they whimped out. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
So the Eagles lair it is then this summer. (Hitlers summer gaff)
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Michelin v Dunlop   Michelin v Dunlop - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:16 am

Back in the days, I used to go riding in the lower French Alps in a little town call Beuil les Launes and some of us were skiing there when their girlfriends brought the van with the equipment.
Then we hang out at the beach in Nice in the afternoon. By July, there was no more snow up there though.
It is only 80km between the two locations.
We were happening...
Back to top Go down
GreggF
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
GreggF

PostSubject: Re: Michelin v Dunlop   Michelin v Dunlop - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:31 pm

I got 11,500km out of my PR4's and the back was looking a bit ragged, the front could have done another 1-2000km but I am due to do a few long trips so changed them both.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Michelin v Dunlop   Michelin v Dunlop - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:26 pm

I am painfully unadept if not near inept in using the search function on this site.  Cannot find any mention of the Michelin Pilot Road 4’s in their GT versions.  Actually, couldn't find any tire thread 'cept this one.  Doh.  Apologies if I am wasting others' time.

So, I am ready for new tires for the GRiSO.

I have been unhappy for several reasons with the Michelin Pilot Activs I have on it now … but mostly with their most very noticeable sidewall flex … and mostly with me because I knew about that and also knew I am no 100-pound jockey in the Kentucky Derby.  jocolor

Thinking this time, it'll be Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT's, i.e., not "standard" MPR4's.

Claimed to be designed for heavier sport-tourers, I am thinking that certainly fits me  Rolling Eyes  … and the GRiSO is no dainty lass, either.  

With exception of the Activs, have always liked Michelins.  Have MP3 (standards, not GT’s) on Norge now.  Like ‘em fine.

Have had Metzler 6’s (as OEM) on the GRiSO, followed by Pirelli GST, then the Activs.

About to order these in 120/70 front ($149) and 180/55 rear ($203); free shipping.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anyone have these?

Any thoughts why that’s an unwise course?

Thanks.

Bill
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Michelin v Dunlop   Michelin v Dunlop - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:39 pm

I've got a PR4 GT on the front.

I am led to believe that they have a slightly heavier sidewall for big arse spaceships. I got it 'cost that's all the had in front PR4 tyres at my local shop. The world spins on, the G hasn't flung me from itself in disgust, cats still hate dogs etc etc.

Fear not, Bill.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Michelin v Dunlop   Michelin v Dunlop - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 19, 2015 12:49 pm

beetle wrote:
I've got a PR4 GT on the front.

I am led to believe that they have a slightly heavier sidewall for big arse spaceships. I got it 'cost that's all the had in front PR4 tyres at my local shop. The world spins on, the G hasn't flung me from itself in disgust, cats still hate dogs etc etc.

Fear not, Bill.

Thanks.  

And, interesting.

Agree re understanding that sidewalls are stiffer than "standard" MPR4's.

That sounds like a real plus to me given my "fighting weight," the GRiSO's own avoirdupois, and my present Activs, which have seriously soft sidewalls.

Wondering after I read yours if the stiffer sidewall on the front hasn't appreciably affected turn-in, which, in my experience (which, btw, does not yet include moving the triple tree to the 6th ring as has been suggested here) is not a GRiSO strength.

Inclined to get 'em ... well, as soon as our CPA tells me how bad the tax-due news is.   Rolling Eyes

Bill
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Michelin v Dunlop   Michelin v Dunlop - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:25 am

Not a jot. The G steers much better with these tyres. The total extra unsprung weight is minuscule.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michelin v Dunlop   Michelin v Dunlop - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Michelin v Dunlop
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2