GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Brake pedal toe peg

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tod.
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Tod.

Brake pedal toe peg Empty
PostSubject: Brake pedal toe peg   Brake pedal toe peg Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:57 pm

Having fitted MFW footrest kit (30mm) about a year ago, I still feel the rear brake toe peg is a little high and too far inboard. I know Knight Designs do a toe peg extension and it seems ideal for the job. But, and it's a big BUT, it's only a £35 part ($50), BUT, with shipping ($25) and import duty it's turning out to be a £70-£80 toe peg. ($107-$120). Fuck me! That's expensive. Does anyone know if theres an alternative available in the UK or EU. The taxman really wants his pound of flesh for a two bit part, and he can go fuck himself with a rough pineapple before he squeezes the blood outa me. I pay enough in taxes on everything I earn and more on everything I buy and I'm not paying more to fund this governments idea of "financial aid".
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Brake pedal toe peg   Brake pedal toe peg Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:57 pm

I've got both MFW and KD foot pegs. I've found the KD's have less offset. The MFW's are a lovely made bit of kit though. Anyhoo, I'm back with the KD's, because of the reduced offset.

The KD toepegs will scrape with even moderate riding.

This is my solution:

If you remove the fat rubber from the stock toe peg you reduce the reach slightly.
The Aprilia engineers have made the little cammy toe pegs with a nice 5mm hole, 20mm deep. I ran a 6mm tap through it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I then added a 6mm threaded rod with a locknut.

And a 15mm extension.

Then using some 5/16 (7.9mm) air pipe...

..with the outer sheath and reinforcing removed, there is a nice black piece of hose with a pleasing textured finish.

A short stint in hot water and some soap for lube, you slip it on for the end result.

I also have the KD pegs which I shortened from the standard 1 inch to 1/2 inch to help reduce the scraping. Didn't help. You can have them for cost of postage. Complete with dead bug guts and scrape mark.

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Tod.
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Tod.

PostSubject: Re: Brake pedal toe peg   Brake pedal toe peg Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:53 pm

Thank you Beetle. I did read up on you solution and it's very effective, but with stubby feet like mine it doesn't solve the "too high" issue. I'd be grateful of the offer of the toe peg tho'. As soon as I finish my shift I'll arrange something with you for payment. You're a diamond sir.
Back to top Go down
Tod.
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Tod.

PostSubject: Re: Brake pedal toe peg   Brake pedal toe peg Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:38 am

P.M sent beetle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brake pedal toe peg   Brake pedal toe peg Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Brake pedal toe peg
Page 1 of 1