12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

So many still left in the dark...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: So many still left in the dark...   Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:30 pm

Hi Steve, I've supported GT since 2004, through purchase of goods and even responding to Todd's requests for donations to keep the forum alive, even though the forum is the advertising arm of his business, and therefore (I assume) fully tax deductible.

What I do find offensive is Todd's instant deletion of anything that opposes his own personal opinion, plus the removal of what used to be PM's (Private Mail), and replaced with "Start a Conversation", which by its title probably excludes itself from any legal challenge if somebodies privacy is invaded.

I have had several, off public forum "Start a Conversation" both interfered with by Todd, and a wrap over the knuckles (via email, twice) for my help offered to another member, when all the time I thought I was sending PRIVATE FUCKING MAIL!

So my reference to Herr Todd, I believe, is totally warranted. GT (Gestapo Todd).
Update: Many good members on GT, so I check in occasionally to see where they are up to, but I avoid comments on EFI aftermarket tuning, my knuckles are still healing.

Now on the other hand Steve, this here forum, I believe is owned and financed by your goodself. If that be so then I would have NO problem making a donation to offset your expenses.
Let us all know.

Now back to the giant self piss take................................................

Last edited by ghezzi on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
pokeyjoe
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: So many still left in the dark...   Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:52 pm

ghezzi wrote:

What I do find offensive is Todd's instant deletion of anything that opposes his own personal opinion...

Most annoying. I had forgotten. #evil.
Back to top Go down
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato

PostSubject: Re: So many still left in the dark...   Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:53 pm

Understood. GT used to be more of a "shared knowledge" entity, but as Todd's business has evolved, so has the role of the GT forum. We all know how he controls the content, but that's his prerogative.

As for this site, we've got a hosted forum, so the cost is minimal. I don't foresee any need for donations to keep it running and advertisement free.

Thanks for the offer though, I appreciate the gesture.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
http://www.grisoghetto.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: So many still left in the dark...   Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:34 pm

The problem I have is the 'Bad Science'.

And I have been badly burnt on several occasions. The cheek can only be turned so many times.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: So many still left in the dark...   Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:49 pm

ghezzi wrote:
Hi Steve, I've supported GT since 2004, through purchase of goods and even responding to Todd's requests for donations to keep the forum alive, even though the forum is the advertising arm of his business, and therefore (I assume) fully tax deductible.

What I do find offensive is Todd's instant deletion of anything that opposes his own personal opinion, plus the removal of what used to be PM's (Private Mail), and replaced with "Start a Conversation", which by its title probably excludes itself from any legal challenge if somebodies privacy is invaded.

I have had several, off public forum "Start a Conversation" both interfered with by Todd, and a wrap over the knuckles (via email, twice) for my help offered to another member, when all the time I thought I was sending PRIVATE FUCKING MAIL!

So my reference to Herr Todd, I believe, is totally warranted. GT (Gestapo Todd).
Update: Many good members on GT, so I check in occasionally to see where they are up to, but I avoid comments on EFI aftermarket tuning, my knuckles are still healing.

Now on the other hand Steve, this here forum, I believe is owned and financed by your goodself. If that be so then I would have NO problem making a donation to offset your expenses.
Let us all know.

Now back to the giant self piss take................................................

This never ending issue is getting really old! Why don't you offer to make your maps available through GT, and share some small profit? End this bickering please. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: So many still left in the dark...   Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:37 pm

Why should anybody give away their work to someone who will then on-sell it for profit?

I've recently found out that a mob in England has copied my V11 Sloppage sheet design and is selling them as their own. I was never contacted or even asked, just a straight out grab and sell. Not happy.

As it is Mark does chose to give his work away but I can understand and agree that offering it to be disseminated by anybody else is fraught with risk.

As I said, it's the bad science that really gets to me but here we are simply taking the piss out of ourselves and if we can't do that we might as well all just pack up and go home!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: So many still left in the dark...   Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:43 pm

OK, OK, you lot. As I started this post, I'll explain this betterer.

I was not having a go at GT or Todd for that matter. I was merely expressing my frustration at the number of people who are unaware of GuzziDiag, Beetle or TunerPro. And it will stay that way on GT unless someone else convinces Todd of any difference that may be had. He has invested heavily in what he pushes, and good on him. Whether he is right or wrong, really doesn't matter - others are happy with what they are buying, as are others on this forum who are getting it for next to nothing (private deals aside). Hell, I am an admin on that site (GT), and do not venture an opinion one way or the other on what is for sale or even free advice. That's my prerogative - that is also my frustration.

It is a shame the site is not more open. I felt the frustration in not have a community that was fluent in GD. I searched and searched on the interwebbythingy and stumbled upon an obscure reference by one PRoper. That piqued my interest! I knew Mr Roper was disheartened with a few boards, but I also know he is genuine and is only after the best for those around him. He has a business but doesn't shut people down because they disagree with him - nor has Todd towards me, in fact we have a good relationship. I have purchased from Todd for the bits I wanted and left the other bits (that don't interest me) alone. This is everyone elses choice too.

I was welcomed onto this site, even though I didn't (and still don't) have a GRiSO - I would love to have 2 of them (1200 & 1100) as well as a few other desirable (to me) Guzzis - but I am a poor bastard in Austria who will be working into his 70s just to make ends meet. I lusted after a Guzzi since hearing a Le Mans come over the hill near me - fortunately the bloke lived just up the road, which is unfortunate for me as he kept riding the thing - oh that sound...

Since I have been here, I have met all you lot (sorry to bundle you all together), I have learned heaps, I hope I have contributed something of value (includes talking shit at times), I have worked with Beetle to get a decent base map for 2V 1200s (and me too - my bike goes really well now). No, more that that I have made friends here, which is good. I have even helped out the odd member here - some on GRiSOs, some not.

Excuse me if I have stirred up something that seems to be taken the wrong way, that was never my intent - I apologise if anyone has been offended or anything that has been implied in my ramblings.

I'll go and see if I can buy some seedlings now to make the yard (wouldn't call it a garden) look a tad better .

Bye for now, and I am sorry...
Back to top Go down
pokeyjoe
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: So many still left in the dark...   Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:59 pm

The interweb is not the open, free place we would hope it is.  Control, hidden agendas, and the almighty dollar have limited the amount of information available to those that jump into the first hit they find with their search engines.  New initiates find GT and we can't help them.  Private messages ("conversations") seeking to help and possible redirect to here or WG are screened and deleted.  It's heinous.  

We should also be open to the possibility that the master himself monitors this and all other MG forums.  That doesn't mean we shouldn't voice our opinions, however I don't wish ill will on anyone.  I have met Todd and find him quite personable.  I just wish he'd get his act together.  I wish he would realize he can still make money without pushing the kool aid.  The MG community cannot afford to turn their backs on anyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So many still left in the dark...   Today at 9:54 am

Back to top Go down

So many still left in the dark...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: