GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Grease on the Driveshaft splines, i have a question

Go down 
+8
Guzzi Cat
Triman023
GHTE
bobbyfromnc
Tod.
Oz1200Guzzi
Pete Roper
sidrat
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tod.
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Tod.

Grease on the Driveshaft splines, i have a question - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grease on the Driveshaft splines, i have a question   Grease on the Driveshaft splines, i have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:35 am

Yup, yore right Pete. I should've stripped it down the first winter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grease on the Driveshaft splines, i have a question   Grease on the Driveshaft splines, i have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:26 pm

It's a poor reflection on Moto Guzzi that new bikes are running round with little or no grease on the splines or in the bearings... What sort of cowboys are assembling them? These are not cheap bikes!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Grease on the Driveshaft splines, i have a question   Grease on the Driveshaft splines, i have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:56 pm

It's not a problems unique to Guzzi believe me.

Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grease on the Driveshaft splines, i have a question   Grease on the Driveshaft splines, i have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:02 pm

In reality, it is about bean counters and cost savings. An extra 50cc of grease spread around the bike would go along way for you and I. But for every 10,000 bikes down the production line that's 500 litres of extra grease, which means less company profit. The jappers all do it too, average steering head bearing life is 20,000k. By then most already have their 3rd owner, manufacturers sell more parts, service centres get more work, the only comment is previous owner must have been a wheely nut.

Mate works for a large firm, recent email to all staff. Refrain from using colour option on the printer.
Annual ink cost will reduce from $200,000 to less than $20,000.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grease on the Driveshaft splines, i have a question   Grease on the Driveshaft splines, i have a question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Grease on the Driveshaft splines, i have a question
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2