12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Grease on the Driveshaft splines, i have a question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tod.
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Grease on the Driveshaft splines, i have a question   Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:35 am

Yup, yore right Pete. I should've stripped it down the first winter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grease on the Driveshaft splines, i have a question   Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:26 pm

It's a poor reflection on Moto Guzzi that new bikes are running round with little or no grease on the splines or in the bearings... What sort of cowboys are assembling them? These are not cheap bikes!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Grease on the Driveshaft splines, i have a question   Thu Mar 05, 2015 3:56 pm

It's not a problems unique to Guzzi believe me.

Pete
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Grease on the Driveshaft splines, i have a question   Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:02 pm

In reality, it is about bean counters and cost savings. An extra 50cc of grease spread around the bike would go along way for you and I. But for every 10,000 bikes down the production line that's 500 litres of extra grease, which means less company profit. The jappers all do it too, average steering head bearing life is 20,000k. By then most already have their 3rd owner, manufacturers sell more parts, service centres get more work, the only comment is previous owner must have been a wheely nut.

Mate works for a large firm, recent email to all staff. Refrain from using colour option on the printer.
Annual ink cost will reduce from $200,000 to less than $20,000.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grease on the Driveshaft splines, i have a question   Today at 7:58 pm

Back to top Go down

Grease on the Driveshaft splines, i have a question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: