12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

A disappointing meal followed by outrage.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:13 pm

I says to Mrs Beetle, "let's go the pub for tea!"
"Bonza!" She replies.

We go to the Vic, and both have steaks. I, a Porterhouse, and she, a Rib-Eye on the bone. Allegedly char grilled.
"Medium Rare" I say to the chick at the Bistro. "Chips and salad with the rib-eye, chips and veg with the porterhouse"

"Medium rare" quoth she."chips and salad and chips and veg"
"Aye"

Beer interlude.

Food comes. Chips and veg on both. Grrr. Horrid grain fed munt that was as pale as pork. Must have been fresh from the abbotoir? No need to hang meat apparently. Cooked MEDIUM. Double grrr. Not a spec of char anywhere. No taste at all. Oh, and mine was a piece of rump. Rolling Eyes

Beer interlude.

So as we leave via the beer garden, smirking security guard says "Moto Guzzi, my arse" referring to my t-shirt.
I turn and say 'fuck off dickhead'.

Mrs Beetle was livid. "What a rude cunt" she says "you should ride your GRiSO down there and ask him how is arse is now?"

I roared with laughter. cheers
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:35 pm

A dim security guard! Whoo'da thunk it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:36 pm

beetle wrote:
I says to Mrs Beetle, "let's go the pub for tea!"
"Bonza!" She replies.

We go to the Vic, and both have steaks. I, a Porterhouse, and she, a Rib-Eye on the bone. Allegedly char grilled.
"Medium Rare" I say to the chick at the Bistro. "Chips and salad with the rib-eye, chips and veg with the porterhouse"

"Medium rare" quoth she."chips and salad and chips and veg"
"Aye"

Beer interlude.

Food comes. Chips and veg on both. Grrr. Horrid grain fed munt that was as pale as pork. Must have been fresh from the abbotoir? No need to hang meat apparently. Cooked MEDIUM. Double grrr. Not a spec of char anywhere. No taste at all. Oh, and mine was a piece of rump.  Rolling Eyes

Beer interlude.

So as we leave via the beer garden, smirking security guard says "Moto Guzzi, my arse" referring to my t-shirt.
I turn and say 'fuck off dickhead'.

Mrs Beetle was livid. "What a rude cunt" she says "you should ride your GRiSO down there and ask him how is arse is now?"

I roared with laughter. cheers

You obviously "married up."  queen

I rarely but occasionally encounter such things -- bad food, poor service, and some dopey comment.

Have had pretty good luck -- on the order of 90%+ -- in getting "satisfaction" via being sickeningly polite and "disappointed" with management.  I don't expect perfection in food (and venue is understood), but a place that serves "better" cuts of beef had also better get it right, especially for what one pays for beef these days.  

Having waited tables myself -- add did Kathi well back in the previous century -- we are generous tippers, and occasionally (as on on special occasions when the server has been especially good (not code for servile, just nice), we make the gratuity equal to the meal's cost.  Poor service is "rewarded" commensurately, along with a note to comment to management as to "why."

As for the farewell from the security guy, well, nicely done, tho I'd have called in management and likely had the meal comped after I conveyed all of my "disappointment."

Trust you won't be back.  Very Happy

Bill

P.S.  It's almost 2300 here and I find myself inexplicably hungry for a rare steak. The kind a good vet can bring back, or that a grain or two of salt will make flop on your plate.  cheers
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:42 am

I guess I'm a bit spoiled, for the last few years visiting properties for work in western Queensland, I've grown accustomed to the taste of Grass fed beef. the grain fed beef tastes very Bland in comparison. You don't dare bitch about how its cooked, just be happy your being Fed Smile
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:55 am

I shoulda gone the special. 1/2 kg chicken wings and 1/2 kg beef ribs. With chips. And a schooner. $20.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:21 pm

Hindsight - ain't she a wonderful thing!

Coming up for sale shortly are a pile of (slightly used) retrospectographs. First in best view...
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:24 pm

Well damn! I hate when people screw up my meal.

In my line of work though, things like this happens all the time and I mean ALL THE FUCKING TIME!!!!
Unreal! How hard and challenging is the job of a parts man at any car dealership or the moron answering the phone to get my order right at the paint and supply store?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Oh, and the time it takes to get it all delivered to my place of business...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:24 pm

It's not rocket science is it?
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:28 pm

Hoping we can make amends at the LFP Cabal in 3 weeks
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:28 am

Grisonut wrote:
Well damn! I hate when people screw up my meal.

In my line of work though, things like this happens all the time and I mean ALL THE FUCKING TIME!!!!
Unreal! How hard and challenging is the job of a parts man at any car dealership or the moron answering the phone to get my order right at the paint and supply store?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Oh, and the time it takes to get it all delivered to my place of business...

Sounds like we work for the same company.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:20 pm

DM, I'm in the body shop business and I order stuff regularly. From parts, paint supplies, tool supplies etc...
I have to slooowwwwww down my talking when ordering anything because most people are just plain dumb.
I also have to deal with Hispanics (paint store) that have an attitude and refuse to speak English no matter what but when I tell them "Fuck off!" they get that alright! Very Happy
I do understand Spanish but I won't speak it unless I am in a Spanish speaking Country, so Jose at the paint store can kiss my ass unless he wants to be part of the US.
Anyway, I needed a driver side fender today for a Nissan but I ordered both side and I'll return the side that I don't need.
That way I'll get the correct side thus, allowing me to be still on schedule.
They don't like that but fuck 'em!
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:38 pm

You got your Hispanics, we've got our curry munches' from India & Pakistan.
Always want to barter, but I don't budge. Price agreed and I do the job, then they pull out $20 less than agreed and expect me to accept it cheerfully. So now I make sure
they pay before I unload, $70 and I use the ramp, or $50 and I push their bike off the side of the ute, "your choice mate".

Oh, and don't ask a curry muncher where he is when his scooter breaks down, standard answer is "on the side of the road"
Me: Which road?
Him: The road near McDonalds.
Me: Well fuck me mate, there's about 100 McDonald's around here.
Him: I can see it from the M1
Well there's a plus, wanker is on the M1 (that's the Motorway from Noosa to Ballina, over 300km apart)
Me: Yeah, there's about 20 Maccas on the M1

You must remember, he a duzza notta speaka mya language .................... and so the shit continues.

Hey Pascal, maybe all us ignorant cunts who wanna speak Ingrish, should get a country of our own?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:51 pm

That's offensive. I fucken hate racists.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:24 pm

While any 'Immigrant' to any country will bring their cultural baggage, (As well as benefits!) with them it only takes a couple of generations for things to change.

Jude's Mum, who used to run a gift shop in Melbourne said that when new Greek migrants arrived in the 1960's the whole 'Barter' thing was a pain in the arse and they tended to lump all'Greeks' into one basket. Then, slowly, things changed, people learnt and understood how the things worked and now 'Wogs' are using the name as a badge of pride! Very Happy.

It'll be the same with the Indians and Bangladeshies, (Many of the 'Indians' are in fact second tier migrants from other former pommy colonies like Fiji and Zimbabwean!) and yes, even the dreaded 'Muslims', everybody's current whipping boys.

In Oz, this is how it works, and my guess is it will in the USA or Europe too but with geographical differences.

First generation does all the shit jobs. They run the corner stores, fast food joints, fruit and veg stalls etc. they work their bollocks off and spend all their money educating their kids. They, the second generation, go on to become doctors and lawyers, politicians and other such parasites. By the third generation all they want to do is go to the beach and screw! Because that's what young people do, bless their hearts!

In the US and Europe they may well? Go skiing, Nightclubbing, or mountain climbing, just like their long established peers, but the one thing they WON'T be doing is destroying our 'Way of life as we know it!' Why? Because we, deserved or not, have the greatest, most privileged existence of any generation yet to live on earth.

And as far as the Indians and Bangladeshies/Pakistanis/sub continentals are concerned they bring not only an astonishing sense of humour but also my favourite cusine!

What's not to like!

There are so many decent reasons to hate assholes that the colour of their skin or their country of origin is irrelevant!

Now if you want somebody to hate! I suggest anybody with a neck-beard! I've never met one who wasn't a complete cunt! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:51 pm

I grew up in Darwin in the 60's & 70's, all my best mates were wogs, chinks and boongs, but we are not allowed to say those nasty words any more. At the time as a whitey I think I was the minority.
Now we have to say Europeans, Asian and Indigenous folk, but I'm still the same white trash I was 50 years ago. Oh well, lucky I done get a fence mate, udderwise I need a gate to let meeself out.

Actually the last Indian national I helped spoke very clear English, didn't quibble about my services and gave me a fantastic education on their curries.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:57 pm

ghezzi wrote:

Hey Pascal, maybe all us ignorant cunts who wanna speak Ingrish, should get a country of our own?

Love that idea but the real estate is all taken.Crying or Very sad

In seriousness, I agree with Pete about immigrants bringing baggage... it's bound to get a crash between cultures but there are no reason for said immigrant to not chill and learn the way it's done in his host Country.
I'm a French dude living in the US for 25 years now and it took me about 2 years lo learn the language and being comfortable with it.
I won't put up with pricks that have been living here for more than 5 years and refuse to speak English to me.

Last edited by Grisonut on Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:42 pm

Certainly the language thing is important. Quite simply if you don't learn the language of the country you're in you're setting yourself up to fail. Communication tends to be, errrrr? Pretty important!

Yes, there are assholes who *Refuse* for whatever reason to learn the language of their adopted country but that's because they're assholes, not because of their culture or country of birth.

Pete
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:58 pm

If Assholes could Fly, this place would be an Airport
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:12 pm

waterbottle wrote:
If Assholes could Fly, this place would be an Airport

Hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:04 pm

Mark, you will no doubt, set you expectations fairly low when staying at the Long Flat Pub in a few weekends time. That way at least, your expectations "might" be met or even exceeded if you are really lucky.

Smile
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:40 pm

I can only hope! Razz
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:24 pm

Hey Pete, this may explain why you like your curries;
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Indian customer explained to me, there is a "National Language" and then 32 separate languages across the country. They are not dialects or variations of the national language but totally different like Italian is to Russian. All signage in each province is in the local language only, must give the voice over on the sat-nav a furquen hard time.

Anyhow, each province has its own traditional curry which is as different as their local language.
Then the roasting technique of each individual ingredient can vary, as well as the mix, and get this, they don't grind it unless they are going to use it within a certain time frame.

I understand these principles from roasting coffee beans, so I guess it makes my Keen's curry powder somewhat lower than Pablo's instant coffee. Then he added, any local Australian made "Authentic Indian Curry" (for his province) aren't a patch on what his mother makes at home. So every holiday he brings back all the necessary ingredients to create his own.

At least if I go overseas, a steak, is a steak!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:52 pm

I have an extensive spice shelf, when I cook a curry ALL the spices are prepared and both roasted and ground just prior to assembling the dishes.

'Curry Powder' of any sort is a disgusting abomination that should be ruthlessly stamped out wherever it rears its filthy head!

Pete
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:40 pm

Me little curry muncher mate promised to bring some back for me to send to another Pete, who lives in the back-of-butt-fuck (Cleve) SA, he's about as mad as you, and loves a good curry too.
Might have to split the stash.
Back to top Go down
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:57 pm

ghezzi wrote:
At least if I go overseas, a steak, is a steak!

I am what I am...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
http://www.grisoghetto.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A disappointing meal followed by outrage.   Today at 9:53 am

Back to top Go down

A disappointing meal followed by outrage.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: