GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

I am so damn happy!!

Go down 
+10
Grisonut
Canyon Carver
Oz1200Guzzi
The Saint
sidrat
beetle
CPB
Pete Roper
tocino
Chronic
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Chronic
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Chronic

I am so damn happy!! Empty
PostSubject: I am so damn happy!!   I am so damn happy!! Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:36 am

After having ridden a Tuono for a couple years ( a brilliant m/c!!) I was a bit nervous that I may be disappointed with a GRiSO since I've only done a couple "around town" test rides in the past.  And, well, I AIN"T  disappointed!!!...... I'm ecstatic cheers

The weather here was quite nice over the past weekend and was able to get a couple spirited rides in the hills nearby.  This thing works great!!  It was like we were old friends and knew everything about each other.  The Guzzi version of a big bore V-Twin just seems to really suit my riding style.  Strong, muscular pull and confidence inspiring engine braking makes for a damn fun ride.  130 very twisty miles each day (yup, that's what a tankful got me) and I can officially say I love this thing Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: I am so damn happy!!   I am so damn happy!! Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:39 am

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Chronic
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Chronic

PostSubject: Re: I am so damn happy!!   I am so damn happy!! Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:51 am

Did I mention how awesome I think it looks??  I always loved how the Le Mans versions looked........ I think the GRiSO even mo betta Smile

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: I am so damn happy!!   I am so damn happy!! Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:00 am

After decades of riding Guzzis I found that the factory had designed and built me the *Perfect* bike with the GRiSO. That was when I got my first one in 2006. I have not felt the need to revise my opinion in the intervening nine years, I've simply been further thrilled by the advent of the 8V motor.

As I've said before if I'd actually been able to organise a cadre of designers to build a bike 'Just for me' they couldn't of done a better job than a GRiSO.

Pete
Back to top Go down
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
CPB

PostSubject: Re: I am so damn happy!!   I am so damn happy!! Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:42 am

Congrats! Like the enthusiasm. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: I am so damn happy!!   I am so damn happy!! Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:56 pm

GRiSO!

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: I am so damn happy!!   I am so damn happy!! Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:26 pm

Its a great bike, commuted to work for the first time this year, it was cold 3 degrees and GRiSO got wet and cold, but boy what a ride :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am so damn happy!!   I am so damn happy!! Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:59 pm

Welcome Tonic.
We have another thread here for your long winded explanation of how you arrived at GRiSO.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It amazes me how many people came from much faster, quicker, lighter and more agile bikes to a Guzzi. There's nothing on paper that says GRiSO will be better, yes it does look different and attracts certain people, but the ride seals the deal. Must be something the eye cannot see, scientists can't quantify, yet it stirs the soul ..................................
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: I am so damn happy!!   I am so damn happy!! Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:04 pm

GRiSO - God in disguise

Roper - His messenger

cheers
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: I am so damn happy!!   I am so damn happy!! Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:16 pm

It's an Italian thing, deep down. As mentioned in the afore-mentioned section, when I got my Sport my wife sat on the grass and said: "It's beautiful" - she wasn't looking at me though, so she must have meant the bike?

As has been said before GRiSO calls you, or for the rest of unlucky bastards that are GRiSOless, Guzzi calls to you. Must be the thrill of the chase with your Italian mistress...
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: I am so damn happy!!   I am so damn happy!! Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:02 pm

Mines been missing, in the shop for 3 days.It finally stopped raining. Picking her up tomorrow after valve adj, throttle body balancing and fluid changes. Even my HD has been missing my lovely Tenni!
Glad you're enjoying your's! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: I am so damn happy!!   I am so damn happy!! Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:10 pm

Yeah, the bike does that to you...
When I wrecked my 09 I went right back to the dealer and get a new one.
My best friend was like "Don't you wanna try something different this time?" me: "I do, a newer model!"
He wouldn't understand...
I liked that bike too much. Put 36K miles in less than 3 years on the 09, I wasn't done with GRiSO. Laughing

Last edited by Grisonut on Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: I am so damn happy!!   I am so damn happy!! Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:34 am

I was 50 last April. I got my Tenni last August [ first ever Guzzi ]

I saw it, I wanted it, I test rode it, I laughed inside my helmet like I was ten, and it just delivered everything I wanted and made me feel like I had been missing out [ because I had ]

Then I found this place!..........nods at all of you and smiles that knowing smile of ownership of a something out of the ordinary............... Cool

Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: I am so damn happy!!   I am so damn happy!! Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:33 pm

Having come from Boglonia blasters to GRiSO I completely agree with the idea that this bike was built for me.

I can't place my finger on it, other bikes are faster, more comfortable or arguably prettier. But for me, even though I have only had the GRiSO a very short time, I am smitten!
Every ride is different, a new opportunity to explore the secrets that GRiSO has to reveal.
I have been riding for over 3 decades and this bike makes me feel like a kid on their first ride.

Last edited by Converted Duc on Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: I am so damn happy!!   I am so damn happy!! Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:41 am

Back in 2011 I was actually looking for the local Suzuki dealer in Canberra and couldn't find it after driving round and round. I did see the local Ford dealer and it had bikes in the front window so I stopped to look and they were Guzzis. I saw the GRiSO and said "I want that one" (Little Britain). Unfortunately I couldn't get that one as I had let my bike license lapse so I had to resit my license test and settle for a Breva instead. Fast forward to 2013 and my (now ex) partner said you've been wanting the GRiSO, why don't you get it, so I went to see Pete and said yes please. Pete got it for me and I have had so much fun with the bike since. I just can't resist twisting the throttle as far as it will go every time I get on the bike. It really does bring out the hoon in me and I love it. And the new girlfriend loves it too.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: I am so damn happy!!   I am so damn happy!! Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:56 am

Michael, with what Mark has done with the mapping we can make it much, much more fun. It's just a matter of us getting together at some point. My next trip is 'Up North' but if the stars align and I get a chance to come to Melboring we have to catch up again.

Pete
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: I am so damn happy!!   I am so damn happy!! Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:15 am

Thanks Pete. If you can't make it down, then Heather has said that she wouldn't mind doing a road trip two up, which would include Canberra and then up to Qld to catch up with more friends. I've told her about you and she thinks you sound interesting, now I just have to find that photo of you with my bike when you were prepping it and show what you look like. It's just developed an oil leak from a hose at the front so I'm going to have a look tomorrow and see if I can tighten what I think is a loose clamp. Apart from that it's running like a train.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: I am so damn happy!!   I am so damn happy!! Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:19 am

Hey Chronic, are you on apriliaforum?
Did you see how those guys got on me about how much I always talked about how Wonderful my GRiSO is?
Now you know!!!!!!!!!! Bwa ha ha haaaaa!!!!
Those guys are going to hate me now.

DM
Back to top Go down
Chronic
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Chronic

PostSubject: Re: I am so damn happy!!   I am so damn happy!! Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:13 am

DungeonMaster wrote:
Hey Chronic, are you on apriliaforum?
Did you see how those guys got on me about how much I always talked about how Wonderful my GRiSO is?
Now you know!!!!!!!!!! Bwa ha ha haaaaa!!!!
Those guys are going to hate me now.

DM

Have not been on that forum for a long time.  I can see how Aprilia partisans would have difficult time believing GRiSO could be as much fun.  They are just ignorant to the fact that it really is!!

After a couple good days in the hills last weekend, I think ME on my GRiSO could keep relatively close contact with ME on my Tuono on tight, twisty roads.  On a track it would certainly be a different story, but, out in the wilds, one can push m/c things only so much, eh?...... no matter the power to weight ratio. (well, maybe a 260 lb Motard is different)

Guzzi's make great mountain bikes that are a friggin blast to ride up there.  Maybe I should get on the Aprilia forum and try to convince 'em. Wink
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: I am so damn happy!!   I am so damn happy!! Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:28 pm

I thought Aprilia dudes were cool...?
I've been on a Tuono (09) a lot and they sure are fun but they take nothing away from the GRiSO. Wink
So again, the mighty GRiSO scores.

Besides, I'm sure the Aprilia bashers have not put their whinny asses on the Guzzi... or any other bikes they might be talking trash about.
I think the Ducati guys like Guzzi more. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am so damn happy!!   I am so damn happy!! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I am so damn happy!!
Page 1 of 1