GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Buzzy vibration

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Buzzy vibration Empty
PostSubject: Buzzy vibration   Buzzy vibration Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:45 am

So as i fix one thing another turn up to keep me interested :-)

A couple of days ago GRiSO has started to buzz, and today I have just done 300 miles and it buzzes, quite loudly (with ear plugs in) from just over 3000 revs to about 3600 revs. It is worse in fifth and six gears, but will happen in all gears. If you pull he clutch in it stops so the buzz comes from the vibration of the motor. Stationary there is none!

I guess something has worked loose and I will go around it in the next week, (day off tomorrow but at a track day, not on the GRiSO).

Anyone got an idea of where on the bike i should look. I have been holding on to things as i have ridden and nothing is loose, took the wings off and there is nothing loose under there either!

All help gratefully accepted
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

Buzzy vibration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buzzy vibration   Buzzy vibration Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:48 am

On mine it is the headlight so if anyone has been there and done that I would appreciate your wisdom.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Buzzy vibration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buzzy vibration   Buzzy vibration Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:59 am

guzziownr wrote:
On mine it is the headlight so if anyone has been there and done that I would appreciate your wisdom.

Does it do it from 3000 to 3500?

I will take the fairing off and test that, cheers
Back to top Go down
jeremyb
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
jeremyb

Buzzy vibration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buzzy vibration   Buzzy vibration Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:47 pm

yup, I has the same vibration between 3k and 4k. In fact, I read in the service records for the previous owner that he'd had the same issue (he 'forgot' to tell me that).

I discovered it was the headlight glass vibrating in the chrome shell. I fixed it by wrapping the edge of the glass with electrical insulating tape (I used fancy self-bonding stuff, but anything would probably work).

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Buzzy vibration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buzzy vibration   Buzzy vibration Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2021 6:20 am

Very old thread but adding to it because the tip about buzzy vibration coming from the headlight is really useful
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Buzzy vibration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buzzy vibration   Buzzy vibration Icon_minitime1Sat May 08, 2021 3:19 pm

lcjohnny wrote:
Very old thread but adding to it because the tip about buzzy vibration coming from the headlight is really useful
Yep, just fixed that last weekend...I knew exactly what it was too.
That head light is really cheap made.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Buzzy vibration Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buzzy vibration   Buzzy vibration Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Buzzy vibration
Page 1 of 1