GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Oil light coming on.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hookah
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
hookah

Oil light coming on. Empty
PostSubject: Oil light coming on.   Oil light coming on. Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:23 pm

So,the other day after a vigorous ride while toddling through town the red oil warning light came on along with the image of the oil can.It would go out as soon as the revs climbed above 2thou or so.The level was fine.I also noticed when the light came on that the revs at idle in neutral with the clutch lever untouched increased to 1,500 rpm from the usual 1200 and the revs with the clutch pulled in increased from 1500 rpm to about 2000rpm.The dealer was closed so I waited a day and on the next ride everything was fine until about 20 minutes into the ride at which point the same symptoms recurred.Has anybody heard of this or had it happen to them?I guess a trip to the dealer is in order. Cheers Stan.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Oil light coming on. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil light coming on.   Oil light coming on. Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:54 pm

If you are getting the oil can symbol I would strongly advise not riding the bike again until it has been checked out. Having the light come on can often be the result of a faulty switch but the oil can symbol can mean a serious loss of pressure leading to major damage.

Go into the diagnostics menu and look at the dashboard errors. You'll probably find 07 & 08 are up as memorised errors. You can, if you're game, clear the errors then go for a ride and when the problem occurs quickly pull up the dash errors and see if 7&8 are active but if you have lost pressure damage will be occurring as you do this and it may still be a false indicator.

Pete
Back to top Go down

Oil light coming on.
Page 1 of 1