GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

warranty issues

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
zathruss
Carlotto
Carlotto
zathruss

warranty issues Empty
PostSubject: warranty issues   warranty issues Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:34 pm

I am looking for some advice on a warranty issue. My 2013 GRiSO front tire went flat. I took it to the dealer and they told me it was leaking from the valve stem because the o ring had failed. This, to me, sounds like a warranty issue but Moto Guzzi said "No, it's not". The dealer charged me $300 (not including a tire) to tell me that it was leaking air. I bought the bike from THIS dealership and to be charged $300 for 5 minutes work seems crazy to me. I would like to sue Guzzi because I think it's a warranty issue. I have read on different sites that this is an issue with the spoked wheels and from what I've read, Guzzi had covered it....except for mine (of course). I would appreciate any help that I can get.

Thanks!
zathruss
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

warranty issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: warranty issues   warranty issues Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:04 pm

Well it sounds like horseshit to me.

Firstly how did they determine it was the valve stem o-ring in five minutes? The trick would be to remove the wheel and test it by submerging it a bit at a time in a water tank and looking for bubbles. That would take a bit more than five minutes. Also the spoke o-rings on the Alpina wheels also are initially leak prone. I hope they checked these as well, also by the water test?

I'd say the denial of warranty in these circumstances is pretty flimsy but if I'd sold the bike I'd just fix it and argue with the importer later. Either the valve stem o-ring or a couple of spoke o-rings are not going to break the bank in either time or money. Taking the wheel off, testing it and removing and replacing the tyre to access the valve stem or a couple of spoke nipples plus replacement of same is hardly a 'Business Killer' in terms of service! It's also, if it was the valve stem o-ring at most an hour's work.

I'd ask to see the dealer principle and state your case in a polite but firm fashion.

Pete
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

warranty issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: warranty issues   warranty issues Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:12 pm

Did MG say it wasn't covered or was it the dealership? Maybe try and contact MG-Canada (or a regional person) and ask them about it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

warranty issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: warranty issues   warranty issues Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

warranty issues
Page 1 of 1