GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Need a clutch lever.

Go down 
+4
Wet Coaster
got_griso
Blue
jollyjeweller
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jollyjeweller
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
jollyjeweller

Need a clutch lever. Empty
PostSubject: Need a clutch lever.   Need a clutch lever. Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:58 am

Moving house recently , the GRiSO was in the back of a van and it fell off the side stand, and snapped the clutch lever end off.
I'm looking on ebay and am baffled by the choice.
Can anyone suggest or post a link to a supplier they have used and can trust.
I'm pondering a pair of red levers , to accent the red guzzi badge on the tank, but that's not definite.
I'm UK based but happy to buy from HK or China as the bike is fine to ride, time is not an issue.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Need a clutch lever.   Need a clutch lever. Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:45 am

These are good:

Have Silver ones myself - quality good. Delivery time was quicker than expected too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
got_griso
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
got_griso

PostSubject: Re: Need a clutch lever.   Need a clutch lever. Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:05 am

I have a brand new OEM one if youre interested. I think I bought it just for the pin - so if you can reuse yours, should be golden.

I also have OEM used ones.
Back to top Go down
Wet Coaster
Carlotto
Carlotto
Wet Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Need a clutch lever.   Need a clutch lever. Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:34 pm

I've got the Pazzo levers on mine, they're great.
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Need a clutch lever.   Need a clutch lever. Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:51 pm

I want to get some 'levers that are closer to the handlebars', if that is as clears as mud.

The Pazzo look great but I'm too cheap to pay $190 for the set.

Anyone have alternate experiance, suggestions ?

Had a great day on some of SE Ohio's finest twisties. About 150 miles of technical stuff. But after hours of this, my hands are strained & I'm banging & crashing my gear changes. Which goes against my mantra; 'Smooth. Smooth. Flow.'

Cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need a clutch lever.   Need a clutch lever. Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:04 pm

I bought a cheap chinese set of adjustable levers for a V7, cost about AUD$30 delivered from Hong Kong. All blingy anodised Ti with red accents. MalG put em on his bike, work perfectly.

Other than that, I just do clutchless up & DOWN shifts on Bella when it gets too busy in the office. SMOOTH AS SILK!
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Need a clutch lever.   Need a clutch lever. Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:32 pm

ghezzi wrote:
I bought a cheap chinese set of adjustable levers for a V7, cost about AUD$30 delivered from Hong Kong. All blingy anodised Ti with red accents. MalG put em on his bike, work perfectly.

Other than that, I just do clutchless up & DOWN shifts on Bella when it gets too busy in the office. SMOOTH AS SILK!

I'll see what I can find on Fbay then. Cheers

Clutchless ! study pale I'll have to keep practising !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need a clutch lever.   Need a clutch lever. Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:46 pm

You have to roll off for the up change, and a light blip of the throttle to unload the gears to down change.
Needs to be done quickly, can even scrape my boot while changing from 2nd to 1st gear in a decreasing radius corner. Gotta be smooth.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Need a clutch lever.   Need a clutch lever. Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:49 pm

I had a pair of the fleabay specials on my bike for a couple or more years and then some kind soul here gave me a set of Pazzos. I was astonished at how much better the Pazzos are. Not only is the feel much better but the span adjuster mechanism is accurate and works as it should, the cheapies seized up early in the piece. Luckily by then I'd found out where I liked them so it wasn't much of an issue. The hole in the lever for the barrel of the clutch plunger also wore quickly.

I may of just bought the *Wrong* ones though.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Need a clutch lever.   Need a clutch lever. Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:34 pm

So the adage 'You get what you pay for' applies here.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
2highlander
Biondino
Biondino
2highlander

PostSubject: Re: Need a clutch lever.   Need a clutch lever. Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:39 am

Google for VTREC, they are great at a very fair price and you can get them with various options.
Back to top Go down
thekenheld
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
thekenheld

PostSubject: Re: Need a clutch lever.   Need a clutch lever. Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:21 am

Bought these for my GRiSO -pretty happy. I've also got some fleabay specials on one of my other bikes and I'm happy with them, too. I think the probrake ones can be adjusted closer to the bar though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a clutch lever.   Need a clutch lever. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Need a clutch lever.
Page 1 of 1