12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Encountering multiple issues since March 2015 purchase...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bobbyfromnc
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Encountering multiple issues since March 2015 purchase...   Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:05 am

I have been encountering one issue right after another since I purchased my Norge in March 2015. I am certainly trying to remain optimistic.
1. Ran out of gas, problem underneath fuel tank... Parts ordered, mean while I refilled every 150 miles, went on a trip to Atlanta Ga and back, ran great no issues other than incorrect fuel level showing on gauge.

2. Upon returning from Atlanta I did a thorough cleaning and noticed oil on right cylinder near fuel intake, mean while parts to fix fuel gauge readings came in and I informed them of oil leaking on right cylinder, appointment set, for last Friday and they would look at that as well. It is a 200 mile round trip for me to dealership and back... really no big deal to me.

Went to the appointment, fuel gauge problem fixed, seems that during first service a gasket was compromised by dealership. Necessary parts will have to be ordered, they will call me to schedule this repair, fine no problem... Stuff happens.

Rode the bike back home, ran great, fuel gauge working accurately. Stopped at my normal gas stop to refuel. This is an older real service station so its not uncommon to smell gas there, so I thought nothing much of it. Put the bike up.

3. We had rain for two straight days here in NC on 25, 26 April 2015. Monday beautiful weather, I decide to ride so I go to where a buddy and myself share a space to keep our bikes. I smell gas before I get to the roll up door. Once inside I am greeted by a pond of gas. on floor underneath the bike. Stuff happens, not really mad but darn this is frustrating. Trying real hard to be optimistic, if this had happened 30 years ago I would be exploding over this. I'm trying really hard not to go there.

Dealership is closed on Mondays which is fine. So I send an email for them to read Tuesday.

Here is what I sent...

(Service managers name), Good morning... I want to thank you for being most accommodating last Friday and to (sales Mgr) for the ride on the California. I had no issues riding home Friday and fuel gauge seems to be functioning accurately. When I filled up Friday where I normally do I did notice the smell of gas but its an old service station and really thought nothing of it. Parked the bike on center stand and locked up the storage facility and left.

As you know we had a wet weekend in NC, at least in my neck of the woods. So Monday morning about 10:00 I decided to take a ride. I share a building with a friend where we keep our bikes under lock and key with surveillance. When I walked up to the door I smelled the strong odor of gas. I opened the door and this is what I found... See Photos...

First and foremost know that I AM NOT ANGRY. Stuff happens and I am trying to be optimistic and truly hope this is not the beginning of a problematic trend with this bike, but instead just one of those freak events because stuff happens.

That being said with the bike having an issue with gasoline leaking. I am not comfortable riding it for two reasons, 1. whatever is leaking goes full tilt and leaving me stranded along the interstate. 2. the very remote possibility of a fire. I do not own a truck or trailer so that is not an option. So the way I see it that leaves two other choices. 1. (Dealership) sends someone to fix the leak here or 2. come get the bike, fix the leak and make sure its not leaking any further and hang on to the bike till the parts come in to fix the cylinder gasket that's leaking oil. Thus knocking out two birds with one stone.

Let me know what you want to do. I am willing to pay $$$$ towards gas.

Regards, (My Name)

What do you think? I think I have a reasonable request.
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Encountering multiple issues since March 2015 purchase...   Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:52 pm

In Oz, Harley BMW Ducati Buell & Benelli all have free roadisde assist via Allianz Global Assist.
Anybody can join and you then get a free tow to the nearest dealership.

You could suggest the dealer pay for your annual membership to a similar organisation.
Will save both of you time grief and money.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
Tolle09
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Encountering multiple issues since March 2015 purchase...   Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:15 am

Sorry to hear of your troubles, I'm sure when its sorted you'll enjoy riding it as much as i do with my Sport which is pretty similar.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Encountering multiple issues since March 2015 purchase...   Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:48 am

That seems reasonable to me. And I think you have taken things as well as you could and now are pushing on to get a resolution.

Hope things work out better for you ongoing.
Back to top Go down
bobbyfromnc
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Encountering multiple issues since March 2015 purchase...   Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:06 am

Tolle09 wrote:
Sorry to hear of your troubles, I'm sure when its sorted you'll enjoy riding it as much as i do with my Sport which is pretty similar.

Blue wrote:
That seems reasonable to me. And I think you have taken things as well as you could and now are pushing on to get a resolution.

Hope things work out better for you ongoing.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Encountering multiple issues since March 2015 purchase...   Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:56 pm

I feel your pain Bobby. I have had enough niggling issues with my GRiSO throughout the last 2 years. Fingers crossed that they are over with for a while so I can get a good season of riding in. Hope it gets sorted quick and proper for you.

Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Encountering multiple issues since March 2015 purchase...   Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:29 pm

Seems you are handling this with more grace than I could muster. Hope the dealer is willing to come pick up the bike on their dime. That seems only fair.
I suggest you join mutiple bike forums and post your situation as it unfolds on them. If things start to go south with the dealer, be prepared to post as you see fit and let the dealer know you are on these forums.
Best of luck to you. Idea
Back to top Go down
blue thunder
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Encountering multiple issues since March 2015 purchase...   Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:29 pm

The Belgian Guzzi's come with a 24 month Road Assistance Cool They learn from their faults.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tripper.be
bobw
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Encountering multiple issues since March 2015 purchase...   Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:50 am

Hey Bob in NC from another Bob in NC.

I am following your situation with great interest as I am searching for another Guzzi, but our availability of a shop (at least for warranty service) is limited to the one you are using.

Nothing against these folks that I have heard, but they are new to Moto Guzzi even though they have had aprillia for some time. With the loss of true expertise in Hendersonville, NC and Riders Hill in GA these last few years the options for fixing the elusive issues makes the 200 mile trip feel like visiting a next door neighbor compared to "our" next good shop. Bottom line, the stuff you are having issues with should be easily sorted and soon forgotten as you enjoy the bike. A nicked seal or o ring in a quick disconnect, etc., shouldn't happen, but does and is understandable, but it is on them to make it right as the old sayings go;  "measure twice, cut once and there is never time to do it right at first, but always time to do it over", reflect on work ethic and shop standards. Anyway, I have had all kinds of bikes that had issues when new and how the shop handled the factory and/or their muck ups defined the relationship as my Triumphs, BMWs, Moto Guzzi, etc., all had issues. I was fortunate to always have had a good shop to sort them while others on the forums went from irked to a brand hater when things just  went on and and on. Hope for you and other Guzzi folks like me they keep simple problems simple and you can report on the miles enjoyed rather than chasing repeat repairs.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
bobbyfromnc
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Encountering multiple issues since March 2015 purchase...   Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:00 am

bobw wrote:
Hey Bob in NC from another Bob in NC.

I am following your situation with great interest as I am searching for another Guzzi, but our availability of a shop (at least for warranty service) is limited to the one you are using.

Nothing against these folks that I have heard, but they are new to Moto Guzzi even though they have had aprillia for some time. With the loss of true expertise in Hendersonville, NC and Riders Hill in GA these last few years the options for fixing the elusive issues makes the 200 mile trip feel like visiting a next door neighbor compared to "our" next good shop. Bottom line, the stuff you are having issues with should be easily sorted and soon forgotten as you enjoy the bike. A nicked seal or o ring in a quick disconnect, etc., shouldn't happen, but does and is understandable, but it is on them to make it right as the old sayings go;  "measure twice, cut once and there is never time to do it right at first, but always time to do it over", reflect on work ethic and shop standards. Anyway, I have had all kinds of bikes that had issues when new and how the shop handled the factory and/or their muck ups defined the relationship as my Triumphs, BMWs, Moto Guzzi, etc., all had issues. I was fortunate to always have had a good shop to sort them while others on the forums went from irked to a brand hater when things just  went on and and on. Hope for you and other Guzzi folks like me they keep simple problems simple and you can report on the miles enjoyed rather than chasing repeat repairs.

Cheers

Thanks for your interest and concern, They have been a Guzzi dealer for 5 years... Seems an older gentleman had a Guzzi dealership in Charlotte area, The current dealer wanted a Guzzi dealership but decided to wait until that fellow retired and made an offer on the remaining inventory. I thought this was a class act on the current dealerships part. They have sent techs to California to Guzzi's school. I do believe they are a good bunch of guys and have been in business for over 30 years. I truly do think what I am experiencing is just a small bump (mistakes of the unfortunate sort) time will tell... I admit feeling a little frustrated. But exercising patience. I believe in the karma principle, but if I have to I am very capable of being stern but nice. My days of old (blowing my top) does me no good or really anyone else. BK
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Encountering multiple issues since March 2015 purchase...   Today at 11:49 pm

Back to top Go down

Encountering multiple issues since March 2015 purchase...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: