GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Can the GRiSO overheat?

Go down 
+6
bradbusa
Ahdammit
katoosh
sidrat
Steak
Pete Roper
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Can the GRiSO overheat? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can the GRiSO overheat?   Can the GRiSO overheat? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:00 am

I think you are making headway Brad. We use those fans at work to keep frequency drives cool and they are pretty sturdy.
Back to top Go down
bradbusa
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bradbusa

PostSubject: Re: Can the GRiSO overheat?   Can the GRiSO overheat? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:22 pm

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? I'm looking up fan temp switches. I understand other bikes that use the 8v engine have a cooling fan. I'd like to know how they activate their fans. Does the oil temp switch report to the ecu, and the ecu turns the fan on? I'd like to make this install as OE and seamless as possible.

Thanks
Brad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can the GRiSO overheat?   Can the GRiSO overheat? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:16 pm

Mount them up with a manual switch to start with, at least you won't get caught again.

If there is no signal to be found in the GRiSO ECU then a sender unit and dash mount oil temp gauge would be the go. If sender or gauge were digital/programmable ......................... auto switch!

I would expect both GRiSO and Stelvio to have same ECU and almost identical programs, would just need to be switched on by GuzziDiag and power wire attached to appropriate part of loom.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Can the GRiSO overheat?   Can the GRiSO overheat? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:57 pm

The fan isn't controlled by the ECU. It's just a thermistor that switches the +12V to the fan.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org

PostSubject: Re: Can the GRiSO overheat?   Can the GRiSO overheat? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:17 pm

beetle wrote:
The fan isn't controlled by the ECU. It's just a thermistor that switches the +12V to the fan.
Just as good. Where is or where could that be located?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Can the GRiSO overheat?   Can the GRiSO overheat? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:02 pm

On the bikes that use a fan it is located on the cooler.

Pete
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: Can the GRiSO overheat?   Can the GRiSO overheat? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:40 pm

for a fan, you can switch it with the norge 8v thermostat, it screws in the oilpan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Can the GRiSO overheat?   Can the GRiSO overheat? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:10 pm

On the Norge it's screwed into the front of the crank case. On the GRiSO, that's where the two blank screws in the front of the crank case are, just above the sump.

Item 7 in this pic.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!

Last edited by beetle on Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Can the GRiSO overheat?   Can the GRiSO overheat? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:12 pm

I thought it was on the cooler itself? Must be thinking of something else.

Pete
Back to top Go down
bradbusa
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bradbusa

PostSubject: Re: Can the GRiSO overheat?   Can the GRiSO overheat? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:49 pm

i did find a few temp switches that are adjustable from 160f to 240f. spent a bit of time on summitracing's website yesterday

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
the ones i thought would be acceptable look like that. that's the best priced one though.

however, i do like using the factory thermal switch. if that's how Guzzi does it on other bikes, why wont it work on this one?
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: Can the GRiSO overheat?   Can the GRiSO overheat? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:57 pm

I do remeber a story of someone who had a problem and left his bike running in the dessert for a few hours. That was not a good idea
Back to top Go down
bradbusa
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bradbusa

PostSubject: Re: Can the GRiSO overheat?   Can the GRiSO overheat? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:59 pm

does anyone know how large the cooling fan on the norge is? i know the cooler is a different shape

the ones i found are just the right size to put two of them side by side and perfectly replace the oil cooler cover, but i'm curious to know who makes it.. for research and stuff.
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: Can the GRiSO overheat?   Can the GRiSO overheat? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:02 pm

buell has also fans
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Can the GRiSO overheat?   Can the GRiSO overheat? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:15 pm

The Norge fan is about the same size as the cooler. I'll post a pic later.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can the GRiSO overheat?   Can the GRiSO overheat? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Can the GRiSO overheat?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2