12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WAKEY
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: New member    Sat May 09, 2015 1:56 am

HI members. Id'e like to introduce my self, i'am Steve NICKNAME Wakey,   i've only just bought my "GRiSO" 2006 and i've never owned a motor guzzi before, and i think i'am going to enjoy it, iam going to need new tyres soon and i was just looking at the bike last night and was wondering if i had to take my tale pipes off to get back wheel out, could someone shed some light on that for me and its got Mitchilen  PILOT ROAD front and back at present and i'am not sure weather to replace them or go for something else, any help much appreciated.  

sunny Regards Wakey.
Back to top Go down
http://sw57@bigpond.com
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: New member    Sat May 09, 2015 3:35 am

You'll need to access the bolts on the exhaust side of the rear wheel, and looking at your avatar, I reckon you will need to taken 'em off.

I've got PR4's on my G and I think they're outstanding tyres. Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: New member    Sat May 09, 2015 3:51 am

I had Lavizzari pipes on my 2006. I can't remember if I had to remove them or not? I don't think so.

Incidentally the Lavizarri system is one that really doesn't like running without dB killers in with the stock map. It becomes really harsh and vibratory. With them in its acceptable.

Pete
Back to top Go down
WAKEY
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Thanks for that pete, look foreward to having chats in the future.    Sat May 09, 2015 10:27 am

Pete Roper wrote:
I had Lavizzari pipes on my 2006. I can't remember if I had to remove them or not? I don't think so.

Incidentally the Lavizarri system is one that really doesn't like running without dB killers in with the stock map. It becomes really harsh and vibratory. With them in its acceptable.

Pete
Back to top Go down
http://sw57@bigpond.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: New member    Sat May 09, 2015 11:01 am

Yes, I did. Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member    Today at 8:12 pm