GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Chitty little head badges...an answer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

Chitty little head badges...an answer Empty
PostSubject: Chitty little head badges...an answer   Chitty little head badges...an answer Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:26 am

A permanant soln:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last forever, do not fall out,do not have to glue in place with a drop of rtv and then chisel out the rtv.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Chitty little head badges...an answer   Chitty little head badges...an answer Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:39 pm

Yeah, but they look a bit naff.  Razz 

cheers 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

PostSubject: Re: Chitty little head badges...an answer   Chitty little head badges...an answer Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:41 pm

sorry the pics are bad, they look like something the factory would have done, when installed on the black devil.  They be much cheaper than the originals, and screw on.

I prefer the look of the originals as well, but they are now approaching $20usd each.  Moto Guzzi has screwed their new replacements up as well, on my stelvio and GRiSO both eagles look forward (The badges original to the bike).  The last new ones my dealer ordered the lefts and rights had the same badge in two different part number bags so one eagle looked forward and one looked back.  I just put up my originals, and use the practical ones.  (will put the orig. ones on if I am forced to sell either bike)

Just a functional part if you prefer function to flash.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Chitty little head badges...an answer   Chitty little head badges...an answer Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:25 pm

To be perfectly honest, I have left the badges off because my plugs are in and out more often than the proverbial rabbit genitalia.

I think they are a good idea, despite the fact that I like my function to have flash.

I recall seeing these on another site, but I don't recall which. Are they your invention?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

PostSubject: Re: Chitty little head badges...an answer   Chitty little head badges...an answer Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:36 pm

beetle wrote:
To be perfectly honest, I have left the badges off because my plugs are in and out more often than the proverbial rabbit genitalia.

I think they are a good idea, despite the fact that I like my function to have flash.

I recall seeing these on another site, but I don't recall which. Are they your invention?

I have to admit to being the maker of these,   I have some very nice aluminium plugs for the giant hole in the side of the GRiSO foot control plates but they are not finished yet,  They get rid of the uber cheesey looking chrome plastic rings on the side, in the big tube that goes through the frame.

Have a super set of these covers that have a larger oval, and engraved with the M G,  and another set with the eagle and MG on them  but to look good they had to be about .75 inch high, and 1.2" long  I will post a pic of those as well....the downside of the flashy big ones are that they take a while to make and would be more than the red suspender crowd would stomach.

Not trying to make a buck from this site...that is why I did not list a link to them...they are available though, I teach cnc programming , solid works, and shop at our local community collage, and we are a featurecam/ hass training site.

I saw the post on the bar raisers,  these would be easy for me to make if there was a need.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Chitty little head badges...an answer   Chitty little head badges...an answer Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:25 pm

Goodo. I'm hardly in the red suspender crowd, and have been known to throw money at shiny stuff.

If Steak doesn't mind, please post the link. I will buy some. I would also buy some risers if they were available in a suitable size. I only need 6 - 10mm.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Chitty little head badges...an answer   Chitty little head badges...an answer Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:30 am

Of course I don't mind.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

PostSubject: Re: Chitty little head badges...an answer   Chitty little head badges...an answer Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:06 am

Here is the link:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Actually just traded Todd 20 sets for some credit on a shock I bought.

I will make up some raisers in 1/2" and 1" over the Christmas holiday, will do a few sets of each.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Chitty little head badges...an answer   Chitty little head badges...an answer Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:49 pm

Thanks. Just bought a set.

cheers 

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Chitty little head badges...an answer   Chitty little head badges...an answer Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:42 pm

Shiny!  Razz 

Got 'em today.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

PostSubject: Re: Chitty little head badges...an answer   Chitty little head badges...an answer Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:04 pm

Did you have to remove the ultra tiny bit of mold flash? some covers have it and some do not. a tiny nick with a pen knife gets rid of it if the cover does not sit perfectly level
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Chitty little head badges...an answer   Chitty little head badges...an answer Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:34 pm

I didn't notice any mold flash. I might have missed it though,  I can't see up close without my glasses.  Shocked
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

PostSubject: Re: Chitty little head badges...an answer   Chitty little head badges...an answer Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:41 am

you would have noticed when screwed down, am working on raisers today will have 1/2" and 1" soon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chitty little head badges...an answer   Chitty little head badges...an answer Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Chitty little head badges...an answer
Page 1 of 1