12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Plug Wires

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WCB
Biondino
Biondino

PostSubject: Plug Wires   Wed May 13, 2015 10:46 am

I found that my wife's GRiSO SE had a bad connection at the coil end of the plug wire on one side and because of this it had been arcing pretty badly and kind of cooked the end. I could just replace the metal connector, but the wire looks pretty beat up.

While I'm in there, and the bike is going to be idle a while, I think I'll just replace them. I have SB05E's on the plug ends, so I'll just reuse them on the new wire.

Do any of you know how big a wire can go in the channel under the cover? I see Accel has some 8.8mm wires. I'm curious as to whether or not they'll fit. Are there any pre-made plug wire kits made with the SB05E's already on them for the GRiSO 8v?

Thanks,

Doug
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Plug Wires   Wed May 13, 2015 11:15 am

Not that I know of. I simply buy copper cored HT lead from 'Wottalottacrap Auto' by the metre and cut it to length.

There were/are some NGK leads with 90 degree caps available a few years ago but they were a Japanese market only product and were poisonously expensive. I did buy a set but ended up giving them away as using the SB05E caps just made a lot more sense.

Is there nor enough length in the original lead to just snip a little bit off the end?

Pete
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino

PostSubject: Re: Plug Wires   Wed May 13, 2015 11:27 am

There probably is, I'll have to cut and check. I'm concerned that the arcing thrashed the core a good ways back. I'll know more when I trim the end off.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plug Wires   Today at 1:42 am

Back to top Go down

Plug Wires
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: