12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Seat/Tail bags ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
roam
Montanarolo
Montanarolo


Posts : 15
Join date : 2014-09-11

PostSubject: Seat/Tail bags ?   Thu May 14, 2015 8:09 am

Looking for recommendations for a recommendation for a seat/tail bag. The price of the Guzzi Touring Tail Bag seems a bit over the top. Would like to spend less then $150 US. Don't want anything large but expandability would be a plus. Mostly need a bag to hold a bottle of water and other essentials of a day ride.

thanks,
Hugh
Back to top Go down
Gobovic
Montanarolo
Montanarolo


Posts : 11
Join date : 2015-03-28
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Thu May 14, 2015 8:50 am

I have a Kriega US20 which is great. It can also be used as part of a modular system with more of their bags. I use it to carry spare clothes, visors, cleaning stuff etc. on rides.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco


Posts : 194
Join date : 2014-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Thu May 14, 2015 10:11 am

I have the Guzzi expandable tail bag on my 2014 GRiSO. I don't remember exactly what I paid for it now but I got it via AF1 in Texas about a year ago. It's amazingly expandable and high quality. Recently I was able to stuff my Alpine Stars armored warm weather jacket, my trusty Colt 1911, two bottles of water and two microfiber cloths inside. Additionally it attaches securely and is easily removed. It seems to withstand the brutal Arizona sun pretty well. It's a little pricy but it's a quality piece of gear. I have it attached to the Stucci rack. I recommend it.
Back to top Go down
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso


Posts : 67
Join date : 2015-03-16
Age : 73

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Fri May 15, 2015 9:43 am

Take a look at Wolfman Luggage-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have a Wolfman tankbag and a small tailbag and both are well made, heavy duty and not over the top on cost.
Back to top Go down
roam
Montanarolo
Montanarolo


Posts : 15
Join date : 2014-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Mon May 18, 2015 12:52 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I was really looking for something small. I'm going to try out the Cortech Dryver tailbag. I'll post picks once I get it on the bike.

Back to top Go down
roam
Montanarolo
Montanarolo


Posts : 15
Join date : 2014-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Sun May 24, 2015 8:40 pm

Here are three pictures of the Cortech Dryver bag on my GRiSO. The two front buckles are attached to the frame rails and the I just passed the rear loop under the back of the seat. I can take the bag off by just unclipping the two front clips.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
ginkgo
Squinternotto
Squinternotto


Posts : 5
Join date : 2013-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Fri May 29, 2015 10:26 am

They have the Guzzi tailbag in stock at GP Motorcycles in San Diego and I'm pretty sure they'll make you a heck of a deal on it.

619-233-4762

Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
Grignapoco
Grignapoco


Posts : 140
Join date : 2014-12-16
Age : 52

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Fri May 29, 2015 7:13 pm

How do you find the Bar end mirrors? Good view astern? Want to get some but try to balance small size looks V practicality.
Back to top Go down
talwar
Squinternotto
Squinternotto


Posts : 7
Join date : 2014-06-25
Age : 56

PostSubject: nelson rigg   Fri May 29, 2015 7:19 pm

try the nelson-rigg large sport touring tailbag.  its about $125 at revzilla. smaller one is $80.  its expandable and waterproof and will fit on seat or rack.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Sfregiato
Sfregiato


Posts : 477
Join date : 2014-04-10
Age : 62

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Fri May 29, 2015 7:31 pm

Converted Duc wrote:
How do you find the Bar end mirrors? Good view astern? Want to get some but try to balance small size looks V practicality.

Bar end mirrors IMO should be stock equipment on all motorcycles.
properly set up they vibrate way less , you see more and they look much cleaner than original.
make sure you buy quality mirrors , CRG are good but there are many good mirrors available..
I have had good results with Bike Master at half the price ..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio


Posts : 200
Join date : 2014-05-31
Age : 68

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Sat May 30, 2015 1:20 am

keenerkeen07 wrote:
Converted Duc wrote:
How do you find the Bar end mirrors? Good view astern? Want to get some but try to balance small size looks V practicality.

Bar end mirrors IMO should be stock equipment on all motorcycles.
properly set up they vibrate way less , you see more and they look much cleaner than original.
make sure you buy quality mirrors , CRG are good but there are many good mirrors  available..
I have had good results with Bike Master at half the price ..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Those chromed stock mirrors on the G11s and early twelves were crap for seeing anything past one's elbows, and they are also on my wife's V7 Stone - nearly useless.  However, while the bar end mirrors on my G12 were totally vibration free and clear I was finally forced to remove them.  I found that even when they were adjusted correctly I was prone to not noticing very close following cars in my outside lane, fortunately I usually head-check before changing lanes, but things became too close for comfort a couple of times.  There was also the fact that I felt that dropping my eyes to check the mirrors took my attention away from what was happening in front for a little longer than I liked.  Sure they looked good but I replaced them with the current model black plastic upright models from current model G12 and all is good - plenty of clear rear vision without having to excessively divert my eyes to the extreme left or right of the bars.  Just my 2 cents worth.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Sfregiato
Sfregiato


Posts : 477
Join date : 2014-04-10
Age : 62

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Sat May 30, 2015 9:07 am

plantboy wrote:
keenerkeen07 wrote:
Converted Duc wrote:
How do you find the Bar end mirrors? Good view astern? Want to get some but try to balance small size looks V practicality.

Bar end mirrors IMO should be stock equipment on all motorcycles.
properly set up they vibrate way less , you see more and they look much cleaner than original.
make sure you buy quality mirrors , CRG are good but there are many good mirrors  available..
I have had good results with Bike Master at half the price ..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Those chromed stock mirrors on the G11s and early twelves were crap for seeing anything past one's elbows, and they are also on my wife's V7 Stone - nearly useless.  However, while the bar end mirrors on my G12 were totally vibration free and clear I was finally forced to remove them.  I found that even when they were adjusted correctly I was prone to not noticing very close following cars in my outside lane, fortunately I usually head-check before changing lanes, but things became too close for comfort a couple of times.  There was also the fact that I felt that dropping my eyes to check the mirrors took my attention away from what was happening in front for a little longer than I liked.  Sure they looked good but I replaced them with the current model black plastic upright models from current model G12 and all is good - plenty of clear rear vision without having to excessively divert my eyes to the extreme left or right of the bars.  Just my 2 cents worth.

interesting ...for me it is now natural to look towards the end of the bars to view with the bar ends, and they seem to pick up cars much better than the handle bar mounted mirrors ever could because of their field of view ..also dropping your eyes to a bar end mirror verses stock should not be an issue if they are set up properly ..
but each to their own and what ever works for you is best... Cool

head checking in a car or on a bike is dangerous it removes your eyes totally from the road for that longer period of time that it actually takes to swivel your head around .Here head checking has been taken out of code as required when taking your driving test.
If you set up any type of mirror properly you will have no blind spots and be able to totally trust your mirrors.
check this you tube vid out..makes sense to me for a car but still relevant as to bikes i think

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

keener



Back to top Go down
HLMiskelly
Carlotto
Carlotto


Posts : 43
Join date : 2015-01-13
Age : 58

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:09 pm

I use a Ventura Imola bag on my GRiSO.  It's not too large, light weight and easily removed. I use the same identical bag on a Yamaha FZ8.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
roam
Montanarolo
Montanarolo


Posts : 15
Join date : 2014-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:02 pm

Converted Duc wrote:
How do you find the Bar end mirrors? Good view astern? Want to get some but try to balance small size looks V practicality.

They're fantastic and they look cool too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Two Shoes
Montanarolo
Montanarolo


Posts : 21
Join date : 2014-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:13 am

Bought myself a great little tail bag a few months ago.
It's this one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It fits perfectly on the GRiSO rack, or it goes on the pillion seat.
Big enough for a puncture repair kit, multitool, spare gloves, Uzi 9mm and a couple Oz's of Columbian marching powder.
Cost about UK £35
(Just jokin' bout the Uzi, we're not allowed that stuff here)
Back to top Go down
Cantaloop
Montanarolo
Montanarolo


Posts : 20
Join date : 2015-06-06
Age : 53

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:19 pm

C-Bow Hepco-Becker (or Krauser) with extendable bags (you see the extended version).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Chronic
Montanarolo
Montanarolo


Posts : 22
Join date : 2014-12-11
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:11 pm

Just got this one from Revzilla today and it looks like it was made for the GRiSO.  A bit small, but, perfect for day rides.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tassiedevil71
Grignapoco
Grignapoco


Posts : 108
Join date : 2014-12-17
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:34 pm

I was looking for a tail bag solution for a while.

One thing I did notice was the large number of Ventura Imola bags that came up on ebay without the base part of the kit. Once I noticed that, I started looking at the sellers profile, most, if not all had never bought or sold any motorcycle gear before.

It got me thinking that you'd better take it with you if you park the bike somewhere that is not in your direct line of sight. The easy detachment could be just the thing that makes it attractive to thieves (f@#kers!!).

Just a thought.

Cheers Taz
Back to top Go down
roam
Montanarolo
Montanarolo


Posts : 15
Join date : 2014-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:04 am

Guzzi Two Shoes wrote:
Bought myself a great little tail bag a few months ago.
It's this one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
It fits perfectly on the GRiSO rack, or it goes on the pillion seat.
Big enough for a puncture repair kit, multitool, spare gloves, Uzi 9mm and a couple Oz's of Columbian marching powder.
Cost about UK £35
(Just jokin' bout the Uzi, we're not allowed that stuff here)

While I'm quite happy with my cortech seat bag that one would have been ideal.
Back to top Go down
HLMiskelly
Carlotto
Carlotto


Posts : 43
Join date : 2015-01-13
Age : 58

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:50 am

Tassiedevil71 wrote:
I was looking for a tail bag solution for a while.

One thing I did notice was the large number of Ventura Imola bags that came up on ebay without the base part of the kit. Once I noticed that, I started looking at the sellers profile, most, if not all had never bought or sold any motorcycle gear before.

It got me thinking that you'd better take it with you if you park the bike somewhere that is not in your direct line of sight. The easy detachment could be just the thing that makes it attractive to thieves (f@#kers!!).

Just a thought.

Cheers Taz
 The bag, which I use, is very easy to remove with just four corner latches.  I generally take mine with me when I leave the bike if there is something in the bag.
Back to top Go down
remgitano
Montanarolo
Montanarolo


Posts : 21
Join date : 2015-08-09
Age : 63

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:40 pm

Hey Roam, I know your thread regards tail bags and your desire to carry a bottle of water. Not to hijack your thread, may I make a suggestion? A couple of years ago while planning a lengthy road trip on an FJR 1300, I bought a First Gear magnetic mount tank bag. Hold on, I know it doesn't work on the GRiSO! I went by a BMW store and came upon a water bladder and hose and incorporated it into the tank bag. Good bit of kit: the tube has an angled mouth piece, the tube also has a quick release from the bladder, and the bladder has a clip at the bottom for clean out/drying.
So why would I suggest this? The afore mentioned magnetic mount tank bag can not be employed on a GRiSO. I sourced an expandable Nelson Rigg bag with straps which just happens to have a grommet for the hydration tube. The beauty of this set up is that the tube can be passed through the grommet and stays in place until you decide to remove it. The hydration bladder can be removed from your tank bag, refilled, refrigerated/partially frozen, whatever, without fooling about with the hydration hose because of the quick disconnect. The angled bite piece is really nice with a full face helmet!
The advantage of this set up besides the extra carrying capacity of a tank bag is that you never need to stop, get off the bike, open the rear bag, extract your water bottle, drink, stow the water bottle, start anew, unless that is what you want to do.
On my 600+ mile days, this was both a time saver and extremely convenient! The only downside I can think of is that typically the first pull from the water bladder is ambient temperature. The ice water arrived slightly later.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio


Posts : 1783
Join date : 2014-03-13
Age : 62

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:21 pm

remgitano wrote:
Hey Roam, I know your thread regards tail bags and your desire to carry a bottle of water. Not to hijack your thread, may I make a suggestion? A couple of years ago while planning a lengthy road trip on an FJR 1300, I bought a First Gear magnetic mount tank bag. Hold on, I know it doesn't work on the GRiSO! I went by a BMW store and came upon a water bladder and hose and incorporated it into the tank bag. Good bit of kit: the tube has an angled mouth piece, the tube also has a quick release from the bladder, and the bladder has a clip at the bottom for clean out/drying.
So why would I suggest this? The afore mentioned magnetic mount tank bag can not be employed on a GRiSO. I sourced an expandable Nelson Rigg bag with straps which just happens to have a grommet for the hydration tube. The beauty of this set up is that the tube can be passed through the grommet and stays in place until you decide to remove it. The hydration bladder can be removed from your tank bag, refilled, refrigerated/partially frozen, whatever, without fooling about with the hydration hose because of the quick disconnect. The angled bite piece is really nice with a full face helmet!
The advantage of this set up besides the extra carrying capacity of a tank bag is that you never need to stop, get off the bike, open the rear bag, extract your water bottle, drink, stow the water bottle, start anew, unless that is what you want to do.
On my 600+ mile days, this was both a time saver and extremely convenient! The only downside I can think of is that typically the first pull from the water bladder is ambient temperature. The ice water arrived slightly later.

Obviously you do not have a prostate affliction! Many of us need to get off to drain what's been put in - proof that gravity works - shake it up some and the whole thing becomes urgent at the most inconvenient time. Just sayin'.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
Nibbio
Nibbio


Posts : 516
Join date : 2015-05-16
Age : 64

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:57 pm

Hi Tony
Tell me about it !!!!
Cold mornings down in Tas and liquid in means liquid out
It's a bastard getting a bit older
Keep smilin
Caoi
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio


Posts : 1783
Join date : 2014-03-13
Age : 62

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:43 pm

talk of bladders, makes me want to run.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
Nibbio
Nibbio


Posts : 516
Join date : 2015-05-16
Age : 64

PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:06 pm

Turn that tap off, the sound gets to me ......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Seat/Tail bags ?   Today at 11:51 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Seat/Tail bags ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Inspiration-
Jump to: