GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Tonto National Monument ride photos

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

Tonto National Monument ride photos Empty
PostSubject: Tonto National Monument ride photos   Tonto National Monument ride photos Icon_minitime1Fri May 22, 2015 4:33 pm

I took the GRiSO out this morning. It's been a busy week and I haven't had any real time to ride. One of my favorite loops in Arizona is riding North to Jake's Corner, a ramshackle group of businesses including a bar and a convenience store about 14 miles  South of Payson AZ. The road up is full of big sweepers through the canyons. Today there were many, many RV's on the road because of the Holiday. Once at Jakes you can continue Southbound on AZ 188 to Globe AZ, a favorite destination of mine with lots of great Mexican food. On the way you will pass the Tonto National Monument, pretty cool area. I rode up to the park today and took a couple of shots of the surrounding area, Lake Roosevelt is clearly visible in two of the pictures. Anyway I did 191 miles round trip today and got 43.0 MPG. I also turned over 6,000 miles, 6012 to be exact. I had Tom Hull do my 6k service about two weeks ago and the bike was transformed and gets amazing mileage on shitty Arizona gas no less. any AZ Guzzi or Ducati owners should check him out.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  

Back to top Go down
opc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
opc

PostSubject: Re: Tonto National Monument ride photos   Tonto National Monument ride photos Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:30 am

Enzo, any contact info for Tom Hull? Please feel free to PM me, if you prefer.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Tonto National Monument ride photos   Tonto National Monument ride photos Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:44 am

Nice shots Enzo, looks like a great day!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

PostSubject: Tom Hull contact Info:   Tonto National Monument ride photos Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
He closes for the summer months sometime in June and reopens in July. He is amazing.
Back to top Go down
opc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
opc

PostSubject: Re: Tonto National Monument ride photos   Tonto National Monument ride photos Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 06, 2015 3:28 pm

Thanks, Enzo!

Edit: I should mention that because of this thread, a group of us did this ride. We were quite the motley crew... I led on my GRiSO, my wife followed in her MINI, there were two Victory cruisers, a Ducati Multi-, a Yamaha FZ7, an RC51, a BMW R1200, and a MINI clubman bringing up the rear. I'm sure we were quite the scene.
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Tonto National Monument ride photos   Tonto National Monument ride photos Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:23 pm

I enjoyed the pic's, Enzo...thanks for posting. Brought back memories of riding horseback in the Tonto National Forest many years ago. Except for the rattle snakes...a beautiful part of AZ.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tonto National Monument ride photos   Tonto National Monument ride photos Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Tonto National Monument ride photos
Page 1 of 1