GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Spark Plug tube sealing O-ring

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

Spark Plug tube sealing O-ring Empty
PostSubject: Spark Plug tube sealing O-ring   Spark Plug tube sealing O-ring Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:33 am

I will do valve clearance checking soon and wanted to replace the o-rings preemtively (fixing something that ain't broke).

Is the o-ring in the cylinder head accessible/can be replaced easily without removing the cambox?

Thanks

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug tube sealing O-ring   Spark Plug tube sealing O-ring Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:44 am

Yes, it can be done, it's a bit of a frontbottom to ensure that its seated in its groove and you don't want to try when the head is hot but it's wuite doable with the Cambox on.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug tube sealing O-ring   Spark Plug tube sealing O-ring Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:52 am

thanks Pete Thumbs Up

My GRiSO celebrated her 5 years old birthday last week. I have changed the o-ring in the rocker covers but those in head are from the factory.

I thought it make sense by changing them now since they cost less than a dollar a piece (I bought the Viton type), rather than messing with degreaser later when they start to leak.
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug tube sealing O-ring   Spark Plug tube sealing O-ring Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:15 pm

Mine started leaking on the left after a few thousand miles. The right side never leaked ???

I replaced it five times and got it to stop temporarily with a thin coating of three-bond per Mr. Roper's emailed instructions.

Each time I cleaned the area thoroughly with the spark plug in place and then speared the oring with a sharp angled dental pick. A smear of three-bond and the ring went right back into the groove. Spark plug still in place to keep unwanted debris out of the expensive bits.

I solved the problem permanently by selling my '09 and replacing it with an '07 this past Saturday. Pictures to follow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spark Plug tube sealing O-ring   Spark Plug tube sealing O-ring Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Spark Plug tube sealing O-ring
Page 1 of 1