GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

DB Killers wanted

Go down 
+2
plantboy
WAKEY
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WAKEY
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
WAKEY

DB Killers wanted Empty
PostSubject: DB Killers wanted   DB Killers wanted Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:48 pm

G, Day fellers, would any one happen to have a set of DB Killers for a set of LAVIZZARI slip on meggies the ones on my picture that they don't need that i could buy from them. i've tried getting in contact with LAVIZZARI with no luck buy EMAIL. i love the sound as it is but my tinittis has never been so loud since i've had my GRiSO and i was thinking if i put the DBKs in it may not pop so much on low down back off. any help much appreciated.

Wakey.
Back to top Go down
http://sw57@bigpond.com
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

DB Killers wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: DB Killers wanted   DB Killers wanted Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:16 am

I'm also a tinnitus sufferer, and I hope you are using good ear plugs mate.  Sorry I can't help with the db killers.
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

DB Killers wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: DB Killers wanted   DB Killers wanted Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:03 am

Hi Wakey
Not sure if these guys can help but worth a look.
I bought a DB killer for my pipe and the service was 100%.
They may have some thing you can use.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Lenz9753
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Lenz9753

DB Killers wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: DB Killers wanted   DB Killers wanted Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:01 am

WAKEY wrote:
G, Day fellers, would any one happen to have a set of DB Killers for a set of LAVIZZARI slip on meggies the ones on my picture that they don't need that i could buy from them. i've tried  getting in contact with LAVIZZARI with no luck buy EMAIL. i love the sound as it is but my tinittis has never been so loud since i've had my GRiSO and i was thinking if i put the DBKs in it may not pop so much on low down  back off. any help much appreciated.

Wakey.

There's maybe a few possible sources for exhaust popping on roll off : unburnt fuel / overly rich mixture, oxygen entry into the exhaust via a leak or by air being sucked back into the mufflers / gas flow phasing (low probability).

If you like the way the bike is currently, maybe it's worth investigating any mixture or system leakage issues before the dB killers .... ?
Back to top Go down
voulga77
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
voulga77

DB Killers wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: DB Killers wanted   DB Killers wanted Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:19 am

Why don't you have them made by somebody? It's not nuclear science.
Use inox tube 25mm internal diameter and 120mm long for each outlet.

I have this exhaust on my breva: HPE Dual which is a dual outlet as yours.
The dbkillers are as described above.

Make those dbkiller and use them, you will notice the preformance improvement.
Back to top Go down
WAKEY
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
WAKEY

DB Killers wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: DB Killers wanted   DB Killers wanted Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:36 pm

Thanks for Replies fellers.
Back to top Go down
http://sw57@bigpond.com
Lenz9753
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Lenz9753

DB Killers wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: DB Killers wanted   DB Killers wanted Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:17 am

voulga77 wrote:
Why don't you have them made by somebody? It's not nuclear science.
Use inox tube 25mm internal diameter and 120mm long for each outlet.

I have this exhaust on my breva: HPE Dual which is a dual outlet as yours.
The dbkillers are as described above.

Make those dbkiller and use them, you will notice the preformance improvement.

Wow you've got those dB killers down tight.

My response to the Termi that was on my 2010 GRiSO 8V when I bought it at 22000km was to extract the cat, flair the leading edge of the baffle tube to meet the wall of the muffler, repack the sound-deadening fibreglass wool along with additional woven fiberglass tape and to reduce the muffler outlet diameter from 58mm down to 51mm to match the collector.

The "dB killer" I've installed at 51mm inside diameter maybe could be reduced a little further due to the exhaust gas cooling in transit. I would have liked to have been able make a more informed choice on the outlet diameter but was unable to find any info on the exhaust valve / seat diameter of the GRiSO 8V.
Back to top Go down
voulga77
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
voulga77

DB Killers wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: DB Killers wanted   DB Killers wanted Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:30 am

Usually dbkillers for single outlet are 30 to 35mm inside diameter.
This restriction is wanted for the engine to run better.

Termi dbkillers are usually pretty long. Ask from somebody with a Termi to measure length and diameter.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

DB Killers wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: DB Killers wanted   DB Killers wanted Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:56 am

The 1100 and the 1200 are as different as chalk and cheese, also for comparison purposes I tried the Lavizzari system on my 1200 and it was horrible. OK, so back then I wasn't able to try alternative maps but to me it definitely appeared to be more a harmonic issue than a mapping issue.

The Lavizzari is a twin pipe, 'Shotgun' system and with the killers in was very nice on the 1100. Without them in it was a deafening, vibratory, pig! On the 1200 it was awful, with or without killers, in every way imagineable!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DB Killers wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: DB Killers wanted   DB Killers wanted Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

DB Killers wanted
Page 1 of 1