GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

mistral high pipe

Go down 
+7
fishbulb
Peaceman
jomartijr
beetle
LBC Tenni
Pete Roper
matt289
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

mistral high pipe - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: mistral high pipe   mistral high pipe - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:57 pm

Some people must like having an engine that feels like a non power-valued two stroke coming on the pipe! Personally if I want that I'd buy something like an old RD350LC. and try to re-live my misspent youth!

Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: mistral high pipe   mistral high pipe - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:49 pm

Well Pete, come on up. Gotta RZ250 with a 4mm stroker crank and monobloc cylinders at 19mm overbore. Yep gone from 54 x 54 to 58 x 73 at 485cc. Stuffed in an Aprilia RS250 chassis.
Itza 3 quarters finished project when the need for a rideable Guzzi took over. Bella was supposed to be the daily stock rider and the 2 stroke my full blown psycho cycle. Something went wrong?
Back to top Go down
greeng5
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
greeng5

PostSubject: Re: mistral high pipe   mistral high pipe - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:33 pm

FWIW--
I have a mistral high pipe on my '09 and have been running it with the original mapping and no db killer. Was pretty happy with this and only the occasional backfiring.
Yesterday, I got the stock mapping updated and felt a significant increase in mid/upper range torque. Plus the idle speed slowed. However, it now bucks and backfires and runs poorly.
I initially regretted my decision to update my mapping. Now, I am going to put the db killer back in and eagerly await an update to Matt's experimentation with the remapping.
Back to top Go down
AOAM
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
AOAM

PostSubject: Re: mistral high pipe   mistral high pipe - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:42 pm

What map are you using?
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: mistral high pipe   mistral high pipe - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:54 pm

beetle wrote:
I've had complaints that some maps have made the GRiSO less fun to ride. Really, I ask? Yeah, it seems more docile down low and the kick in the arse at 5500 RPM is gone.

Well, yes. There's more power down low and the delivery is linear to redline. It's a perception thing mostly. I think if some peeps did timing runs before and after, they might be surprised.

Well, the beautiful thing is that anyone can go back and reload the map that was in the ECU before. No skin off anyone's nose.

And the total cost to experiment was what, $40?

Thumbs Up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: mistral high pipe   mistral high pipe - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:10 pm

Thumbs Up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mistral high pipe   mistral high pipe - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

mistral high pipe
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2