GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Rear paddock stand

Go down 
+12
Laker
Oz1200Guzzi
Slo_Mo_Shun
Ahdammit
Grisonut
Uzidzit
Scot p
wardest
Steak
Pete Roper
beetle
sgw01
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sgw01
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
sgw01

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:47 pm

What rear paddock stand are you using on your GRiSO.

The one on the MG Aus web site seems quite expensive? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If I still had my workshop I would just build one, might still be an option.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:17 am

I have the Becker-Technik GRiSO Lifter: CLICKY

I enquired through their Australian business (CLICKY) but they referred me to their German store as they didn't have any in stock. It was a few bucks less than $150 shipped.
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:16 am

The Guzzi stand is quite pricey but it does come with bobbins and bolts as well as the rather useless front support.

As a 'Ghetto Special' I could do it for fifty bux less if you're interested?

Pete
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:08 am

I have the Moto Guzzi version and it works well. Easy enough to raise the bike solo.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
sgw01
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
sgw01

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:17 am

Pete,

Send me your details on how you want me to pay.

Cheers

Stephen
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:31 am

I'll PM you.

Pete
Back to top Go down

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:44 am

Bike was delivered today and the PO included a Becker-Technik stand with the sale. I didnt find it too difficult to use but with flipflops on, the bike was not going to lift. This 2Ft Breaker bar fits perfectly and lifts the bike no problem.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:06 am

Very clever!  Thumbs Up 

ghetto 

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:15 am

Congratulations SPEIRMOOR on your new GRiSO. Another Don Abbondio converted!  Thumbs Up

Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:11 am

In my search I found this company. Abbastand. Abbastand clicky

It look perfect for the GRiSO as it lifts thru the zephyr hole to allow more maintenance options e.g. swing arm bearing regrease etc. When using the stand

They have made them for a M G V11 before, If they made this for the GRiSO I would be buy now.
I will contact them and see what they say
Back to top Go down
Scot p
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Scot p

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:27 am

wardest wrote:
In my search I found this company. Abbastand.   Abbastand clicky

It look perfect for the GRiSO as it lifts thru the zephyr hole to allow more maintenance options e.g. swing arm bearing regrease etc. When using the stand

wow check out the skylift, ..

cya
Scot.
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:49 am

you can not use the big hole for a lift on all model years, from some tine in say about 11 up they stopped putting the bushing in there, you have to do your own, or break those shitty little chrome plastic rings check your bike carefully...I been accused of smokin crack when i brought this up before but se models any way do not seem to be bushed
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:16 pm

Uzidzit wrote:
you can not use the big hole for a lift on all model years, from some tine in say about 11 up they stopped putting the bushing in there, you have to do your own, or break those shitty little chrome plastic rings  check your bike carefully...I been accused of smokin crack when i brought this up before but se models any way do not seem to be bushed

Yes, you were accused, but then exonerated and lauded as an astute and valued member of the ghetto.  Viva la Fiesta 

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:48 am

Yep, the 09 I had and my 07 have the built in washer thingy.
My current 2013 does not but I welded washers on the metal bar that I've been using for the zephyr hole.
So now I have to have 2 different bars... one for each bike.
Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:24 am

Would somebody be so kind to take a measurement for me.
With bike in the paddock stand, the height of the center of the "zephyr" hole.

(I am currently separated from my GRiSO by many thousands of miles)
Back to top Go down
sgw01
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
sgw01

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:02 am

I have my service stand for sale which I purchased from Pete, minus the bobbins.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If interested pm me.
Back to top Go down
Ahdammit
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Ahdammit

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:42 pm

wardest wrote:
Would somebody be so kind to take a measurement for me.
With bike in the paddock stand, the height of the center of the "zephyr" hole.

(I am currently separated from my GRiSO by many thousands of miles)

Dunno if you ever got an answer to this, but on mine, 575mm has the rear wheel about 25mm off the ground

John
Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
wardest

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:44 pm

Thanks for the info. I plan to make a Bike stand similar to this ABBA Bike Stand clicky

I have a mate turning up the spindles to fit zephyr hole and I am going to cut some square tube up and weld to make something close to the Abba design

Thanks for the measurement
Back to top Go down

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:16 pm

Does anyone have any info on this stand?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:59 pm

That link needs work here are pics
Back to top Go down
Slo_Mo_Shun
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Slo_Mo_Shun

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:23 pm

One of these may do, if not are the same. May have to drop them a note to check. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hmm Link isnt working as it should but you should be able to find them from the url, Bike specific stands then search for guzzi GRiSO etc, 2012 seems to be the latest that the search spews out.

All the best
Pete
Back to top Go down

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:56 pm

Tried that, Thanks. They don mention the GRiSO once after that though. I'll email HTmoto and ask them which one it is.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:50 pm

SPEIRMOOR wrote:

I can't see the point of a stand that prevents you from removing the rear wheel?

Pete
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:53 pm

I was just thinking the same...
Back to top Go down

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:09 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
I can't see the point of a stand that prevents you from removing the rear wheel?
Pete
I have seven bikes in a one car garage so space is tight. If bikes are stood straight up I have more room to move around. I have the Becker-technik stand for the GRiSO for maintenance duty but for standing duty its a pain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rear paddock stand Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear paddock stand   Rear paddock stand Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Rear paddock stand
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next