12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

PINKO's been stolen!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Street
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: PINKO's been stolen!   Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:12 pm

Some of you may recall a conversation Pete Roper and I had on here a while back about PINKO, the red 8V he bought and rode here in the States one summer and left with Greg Field here in Seattle for others to use and enjoy. Part of that thread was that at one point another Aussie borrowed the bike and it got smashed while parked. Eventually, there was an insurance settlement and Greg ended up buying PINKO from Pete and rode it only occasionally. Roper even expressed interest in buying it back, but Greg didn't really respond, I don't think. Anyway, some time on Saturday night or early Sunday morning, the bike went missing. It was parked outside Greg's garage, chained to a fence, with the steering lock engaged and the battery removed so somebody went to some effort to take it. Coincidentally, Greg's partner, Jen's car was stolen from in front of the same house two weeks ago, and I learned from Greg yesterday that their downstairs tenant's car was also stolen within the past month. Who knows if these incidents are connected, but it sure doesn't look good. Especially considering the GRiSO is a pretty unusual/rare bike to be stealing, and Jen's car was an oddball too, a 1990's vintage Mazda RX7. I don't know what the tenant's car was or whether they got that one back. I also don't know what color it was, but ironically, the GRiSO and the RX7 are both red. Coincidence?

Neither vehicle has been found as of this writing. I'm hoping his homeowners insurance will cover the bike as it was not individually insured (nor currently registered). My heart goes out to Greg and Jen, this is pretty awful shit for them to be dealing with and I thought I'd just put the word out here to all Ghetto members worldwide to keep your eyes peeled for odd GRiSO parts showing up on eBay, Craigslist etc. It sure would be awesome for our international network to have a hand in cracking this case.

Pete/Street
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: PINKO's been stolen!   Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:55 pm

Mad

Cahns!

This sucks. I hope they get them back. As you say, GRiSO is not thick on the ground, so should they try to move it, it will hopefully be conspicuous. This should get posted on WildGuzzi as well.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: PINKO's been stolen!   Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:59 pm

Pretty stupid bike to steal! An A5 engined 2008 that has been crashed and written off! What a fucktard? Stealing it from Greg he's lucky he didn't cop a round from one of Greg's flintlocks Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
Street
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: PINKO's been stolen!   Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:15 pm

beetle wrote:
Mad ...This should get posted on WildGuzzi as well.

Can you do that Beetle? I'm not a member of WG. Thanks for helping to spread the word.

Back to top Go down
Street
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: PINKO's been stolen!   Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:16 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
... Stealing it from Greg he's lucky he didn't cop a round from one of Greg's flintlocks Very Happy

Pete

Very Happy Classic!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: PINKO's been stolen!   Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:31 pm

Done!
Back to top Go down
pokeyjoe
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: PINKO's been stolen!   Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:17 am

All that activity at the same location sounds really suspicious. I'm thinking it's not a coincidence.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: PINKO's been stolen!   Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:58 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Pretty stupid bike to steal! An A5 engined 2008 that has been crashed and written off! What a fucktard? Stealing it from Greg he's lucky he didn't cop a round from one of Greg's flintlocks Very Happy

Pete

I had the same sentiment about the Falco I used to have.
I bought it from a NorCal dealer a few years after the first owner died riding it.
Then I washed out the front and fractured five ribs. So when the tow yard asked me to come pick it up I said "no thanks" and let them keep it.

The Falco got stolen from the yard it was stored at and I got contacted to come get it. HA!! no way.

I really wanted to tell the police "let the thief keep it if you really want to punish him" but I didn't.

DM
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: PINKO's been stolen!   Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:53 am

pokeyjoe wrote:
All that activity at the same location sounds really suspicious.  I'm thinking it's not a coincidence.

Probably a thief or two casing the neighborhood. Not uncommon. Happened in my 'hood a few years back; they spent a week or so watching the comings and goings so they knew which homes were empty and when. Then over the course of a few days they hit a bunch of houses.
Back to top Go down
Street
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: PINKO's been stolen!   Sun May 08, 2016 9:52 pm

FUCK! Here we go again. Pinko was stolen AGAIN last week! And recovered again today. Last summer the cursed Pinko disappeared from Greg's back alley where it had been chained up, seat and battery removed only to be discovered several months later in a mud bog. Freshegg was kind enough to lend a rear wheel to the recovery effort as that was missing and Greg and I brought the sad and beaten beast home where it sat in its usual spot, again chained to the fence, until last week when it disappeared again.

Today I got a call from Greg that Pinko had been found so he and Dick Guthrie and I went to retrieve it once again. Only this time it's in even worse condition: crudely spray painted to disguise its identity, rear wheel missing (again), gas tank missing etc. This has got to be the most cursed bike I've ever heard of!

Recovery number one - 23 November, 2015:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Today - 08 May, 2016:

Back to top Go down
opc
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: PINKO's been stolen!   Sun May 08, 2016 10:06 pm

Gawd, what a kick in the balls.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: PINKO's been stolen!   Sun May 08, 2016 10:10 pm

No coming back this time Sad
Back to top Go down
Street
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: PINKO's been stolen!   Sun May 08, 2016 10:41 pm

Most likely not, unless Jaydubb can salvage a few bits to rebuild my totaled one. It gives me the heebeegeebeez to even think of putting anything from Pinko on a bike I would personally ride, but maybe Jason's not superstitious.
Back to top Go down
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato

PostSubject: Re: PINKO's been stolen!   Mon May 09, 2016 9:55 am

Sonofabitch...

Where did it turn up?

And where in the hell are all those rear wheels going...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
http://www.grisoghetto.com
Street
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: PINKO's been stolen!   Mon May 09, 2016 11:48 am

Good question about the rear wheels, no fucking clue on that one. The police found it not too far from Guthrie's in Burien in an apartment complex parking lot at the edge of a ravine, probably dumped there after being stripped somewhere else as there were no odd parts lying around. Luckily this time Greg had asked the cops to notify him first if it was found rather than having it towed to an impound lot. That's what happened last time and it cost him 600 bucks to get it out of hock.

If it were mine I'd be breaking it down as quickly as possible and getting rid of everything worth anything. Pinko truly has a pox upon himself.
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: PINKO's been stolen!   Mon May 09, 2016 1:10 pm

I'd be looking for a small hatchback with 17" 3 spoke wheels.
Hyundi Getz?
Nissan Micra?
Toyota Yaris?
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
LBC Tenni
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: PINKO's been stolen!   Mon May 09, 2016 1:22 pm

Watch Craigslist and eBay for the missing bits. The sort of crackhead prick that does these things is often dumb enough to openly post them for sale.
Back to top Go down
MrGPz
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: PINKO's been stolen!   Mon May 09, 2016 2:10 pm

ghezzi wrote:
I'd be looking for a small hatchback with 17" 3 spoke wheels.
Hyundi Getz?
Nissan Micra?
Toyota Yaris?

Rear wheels for a Trike? or a Robin Reliant
Back to top Go down
GNORTS
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: PINKO's been stolen!   Mon May 09, 2016 6:00 pm

Street wrote:
Good question about the rear wheels, no fucking clue on that one. The police found it not too far from Guthrie's in Burien in an apartment complex parking lot at the edge of a ravine, probably dumped there after being stripped somewhere else as there were no odd parts lying around. Luckily this time Greg had asked the cops to notify him first if it was found rather than having it towed to an impound lot. That's what happened last time and it cost him 600 bucks to get it out of hock.

If it were mine I'd be breaking it down as quickly as possible and getting rid of everything worth anything. Pinko truly has a pox upon himself.

Burien and White Center - Chop Shop Central. When my Lexus SC was stolen, its remains turned up as a stripped roller in White Center. That was 9 years ago. Some things never change.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: PINKO's been stolen!   Mon May 09, 2016 6:30 pm

Why would anyone leave a bike like this chained to a fence out in the weather ? What disrespect
What else could one expect when the bike is treated like this .....
I just cannot imagine a beautiful piece of kit being treated like this, mine is always covered up snug and tight under cover where it should be.
I have little sympathy, if it's treated like shit, the outcome will be shit
Yes, it should not have been interferred with, but .....
If it was stored away with the respect it deserved it would not have suffered the fate it did not deserve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PINKO's been stolen!   Today at 6:17 am

Back to top Go down

PINKO's been stolen!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: