GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Goodbye to GRiSO?

Go down 
+12
CPB
Josh.C
bioman
sidrat
Grisonut
DungeonMaster
Blue
jexmatex
remgitano
beetle
Laker
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Laker
Biondino
Biondino
Laker

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:51 pm

A couple of weeks ago I set out to take the GRiSO out for a last good romp in the hill country so I called my buddy up and told him to get his California out so we could Guzzi around a bit.  It's been tough thinking about letting her go.  Four years ago, at the age of forty, I finally started riding a motorcycle, which had been an off and on dream for years but never came together.  I had been sober a little more than a year when I started riding and much of the energy I used to put into drinking and getting high was redirected into healthier, legal pursuits.  Motorcycling is proving to be one of the most fulfilling activities I've enjoyed.    

Due to the "just one more" mentality that fueled my debauchery I am constantly yearning for the next bike...and the next and the next...

So I got it into my head that I was going to throw caution to the wind and just get a Tuono V4 even though it goes twice as fast as I'll ever want to ride.  When a deal fell through on a used 2014 model I said screw it and put a deposit down on the 2016 Tuono 1100 Factory.  Trying to think logically I realized I could just trade the GRiSO and break even on it as I made some cash from an accident this spring by not replacing a barely scuffed CARC.  Not bad, riding a bike for almost a year for free, basically.  Since then I've been trying to think of things I didn't like about the GRiSO to make it easier to get rid of it:  little awkward to maneuver at low speed, throttle way too responsive which makes it a bit jerky at certain speeds/rpms and it needs a bath badly.

So I meet my buddy for breakfast and we take off.  Sixty miles later we swap and I ride a California 1400 for the first time and loved it.  Then the most amazing thing happened when we swapped bikes again.  After the Cali the GRiSO felt like an absolute rocket.  A nimble, balls to the wall, shit eating grin inducing rocket.  I've spent the last couple of weeks riding it and leaving the TV2 in the garage, riding it like it's supposed to be ridden, not just commuting.  I've realized there's absolutely no reason to get rid of the GRiSO.  I love everything about the bike and know I'd regret trading it in, especially for a bike that is most definitely far beyond my skill level.

Of course I'm still getting the new Factory and keeping the old Tuono.  I mean, why not?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:01 pm

Yes. GRiSO owns you, not the other way round. cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:22 pm

Make that two cheers GRiSO wants to make you happy, just give her the throttle more often Wink

Good story, great ending!! Enjoy the 1100 also.
Back to top Go down
remgitano
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
remgitano

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:45 am

Here, in my most humble opinion, is the essence of the Moto Guzzi "thing": I recently did a canyon ride with my buddy here in Colorado. He was on one of the special edition Ducati's. Bitchin' bike to be sure! Way beyond my capabilities without a doubt. None the less, the GRiSO and I had a conversation the whole time. Call me psychotic, wouldn't be the first time, but the GRiSO and I were a team, hand in hand. I had had a Le Mans IV which was good but this is on another level. Call her a mistress who might not be that Italian supermodel who stuns on the runway, but man, this girl looks good without makeup first thing in the morning, cooks you breakfast (and pre-breakfast some thing or others), makes the French press coffee), sends you out the door with a hug and a kiss, says "have a great day ", and when you get home, she is there, dinner ready, "How was your day?", completely ready for whatever.
Now you tell me: what other bike of whatever manufacturer does that? I"ve ridden for 30+ years and nobody, I mean nobody talks to me like that.
BTW: had a Paul Smart Ducati so don't even start.
Back to top Go down
jexmatex
Carlotto
Carlotto
jexmatex

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:44 am

haha Smile can't say more RemGitano,

i do agree and plus, i also hown a V11, she tend to be a bitch, hard to drive, watching the clock when late, dont want to crack on when to late, well... been riding it 12 years every day, yeah crazy french guy.

now got a new younger wife/bike and the GRiSO wich i would call the Grizzly, make life smoother.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:00 am

Some of you guys could write stories..........Grizzly is a good,good name!

I think riding other bikes is a good way to focus you back on why you chose the Grsio in the first place. It feels like a pretty unique feeling.........

Have a good weekend you lot! cheers
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:06 pm

good Rant remgitano. Smile
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:06 am

GRiSO does that.
Every time I switch with someone's bike, I get that smile right back once I put my butt back on the Guzzi.
Doesn't matter how great the other bikes seemed to be...
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:56 pm

Allowing the GRiSO out of your garage will be one of the biggest regrets you ever make.
Don't do it.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:07 pm

That's the plan then, stop thinking about what might replace the GRiSO, ride some other stuff, find out they are not as good, come back to the GRiSO and save the money!!

This from a man who has owned more than 70 bikes, wow am i finally growing up and learning??

Probably not
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:18 pm

sidrat wrote:
That's the plan then, stop thinking about what might replace the GRiSO, ride some other stuff, find out they are not as good, come back to the GRiSO and save the money!!

This from a man who has owned more than 70 bikes, wow am i finally growing up and learning??

Probably not

Sounds like you have an addiction........... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:19 pm

[/quote]Sounds like you have an addiction........... Very Happy [/quote]

Ian my friend, I have many addictions!!!

and i like to try the odd bike or two, although only about a third were new :-)

Moto Guzzi GRiSO
Triumph Speed 4
Triumph Speed Triple
Honda 125
Ducati 1000 ss
Trumph T595
Sanya Scooter 50cc
Sachs 125
Italjet scooter 50cc
Ducati Monster 600
Ducati Monster S4RS
Ducati Multistrada 1000S DS 
Ducati Multistrada 1000DS 
Kawasaki P&M 1000 Island Classic Racer
Ducati Monster S4R 
Malaguti F12 Scooter 100cc 
Ducati 900ssie 
Gilera SP180 Runner 
Malaguti F12 Scooter 50cc 
Ducati ST4s 
Ducati Monster Dark 600 
Ducati ST2 
Moto Guzzi California 12 points on my licence
Harris Yamaha Race Bike 
Aprilia Race Bike 
Ducati 900ss 
Ducati Monster 900 
Aprilia RSV 1000 
Aprilia RSV 250 
MZ ETZ Race Bike 
MZ ETZ Race Bike 
Cagiva W8 
Ducati 900ss 
Tigcraft Race Bike TT Bike
Yamaha DT125 
Aprilia 125 
Yamaha Thunderace 1000
Tigcraft Rotax Race Bike WSB Bike
Hejira Rotax Race Bike WSB Bike
MZ ETZ Race Bike 
MZ TS Race Bike 
Ducati 906Paso 
Yamaha FJ100 
Kawasaki KZ125 
Yamaha SR 500 (2nd one) 
Yamaha DT 175 
BMW R100s 
Yamaha SRX125 
Honda CB750z 
Suzuki GS450 (2nd one) 
Suzuki 50 Stepthru 
Yamaha SR 500 around the world on honeymoon 
Suzuki A100 
Suzuki GS550 moved house on this..twice! 
Honda 250 Superdream 
Suzuki GT550 worst bike 
Honda XL185 
Honda CX500 
Suzuki GS1000 
Honda XL125 
Suzuki GS450 
Suzuki GT750 
Suzuki 50 
Suzuki 125 twin stinger 
Suzuki 185
BSA 650 Lightening 
BSA B31 
Yamaha B100
Back to top Go down
jexmatex
Carlotto
Carlotto
jexmatex

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:38 am

jeez quite a collection Smile
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:19 am

jexmatex wrote:
jeez quite a collection Smile

If only i still had them all!!
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:26 am

Wow! How do you keep track of all these bikes? Were they all "unforgettable"?

BTW, how do you compare the Monster to the GRiSO? I have never ridden a Monster but they look tempting.
Back to top Go down
Laker
Biondino
Biondino
Laker

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:36 pm

Every times ride the GRiSO I am glad I didn't decide to get rid of it - she's just so much fun to ride. The new bike delivers tomorrow and I keep thinking about things I want to do to the Guzzi. Funny how that is. The few times I've gotten a new bike I get more interested in the one I already have.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:58 pm

bioman wrote:
Wow! How do you keep track of all these bikes? Were they all "unforgettable"?

BTW, how do you compare the Monster to the GRiSO? I have never ridden a Monster but they look tempting.

I love Monsters, they are the nearest thing to a GRiSO I have ever owned. I almost bought a new one instead of the GRiSO, but i thought i would have a change and i have not regretted it. A well ridden Monster will leave a GRiSO for dead, and certainly the last S4RS was the fastest thing at the Ducati trackday i took it too, it has effectively the 999R motor with the close ratio gear box and weighs less! i would have another but here in the UK they have become collectors items already and are even rarer than GRiSO's.

If you ever think you want a more refined better handling lighter bike but with less character then a Monster is a good choice.

Laker, keep the GRiSO!
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:20 pm

So many bikes.............soooo little time. Cool
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:49 am

sidrat wrote:
If you ever think you want a more refined better handling lighter bike but with less character then a Monster is a good choice.

That is an interesting dilemma!  I think I will stick to character for now.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:17 pm

None of us bought the GRiSO for sheer power or GP type handling or if some of us did, they're just confused about anything on two wheels.
It's the awesome looks and feel that no other bike has...
I actually do like the Monster but it's not even close as being as good looking as our bike.
Naked Ducatis have too much plumbing and gizmos hanging out that ruins the look once you're up close IMO.
They manage to conceal all that on the GRiSO and that's one of the cool things about the bike...
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:04 pm

Grisonut wrote:
None of us bought the GRiSO for sheer power or GP type handling or if some of us did, they're just confused about anything on two wheels.
It's the awesome looks and feel that no other bike has...
I actually do like the Monster but it's not even close as being as good looking as our bike.
Naked Ducatis have too much plumbing and gizmos hanging out that ruins the look once you're up close IMO.
They manage to conceal all that on the GRiSO and that's one of the cool things about the bike...

You are right Grisonut, i forgot about the looks!!! I think the Monster is a good looking bike, the issue is the engine is designed to be covered in plastic and when its not, does not look good.
Back to top Go down
Josh.C
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Josh.C

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:57 pm

My brother has an S4R. I've ridden it a few times and I reckon it's an awesome machine. I considered one before I chose the GRiSO. I really like the Tricolore S4RS.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:00 pm

Josh.C wrote:
My brother has an S4R. I've ridden it a few times and I reckon it's an awesome machine. I considered one before I chose the GRiSO. I really like the Tricolore S4RS.

Back to top Go down
Josh.C
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Josh.C

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:41 pm

My brother's bike:

Back to top Go down
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
CPB

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:59 pm

^^ Nice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Goodbye to GRiSO? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye to GRiSO?   Goodbye to GRiSO? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Goodbye to GRiSO?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next