12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Bloody hipsters!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Bloody hipsters!   Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:53 am

Went out for some Sushi with Mrs Beetle and Spawn-of-Beetle and their respective attachments tonight. Stuffed ourselves stupid as you do. The place was riddled with hipsters, and when I went to pay the bill, fucken hipsters pushed in front. Mad

I hate Q jumping hipsters. Suspect
Back to top Go down
wardentm
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:18 am

Settle petal !!!!!
Back to top Go down
wardest
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:22 am

Where I live I am surrounded by them. Cant stand hipsters either
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:55 am

Hhhmmm,
Eating sushi then calling other people hipsters.
scratch
No sushi at Gloucester, just meat.
Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:43 am

Hipsters in Wagga Wagga......LOL
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:52 am

Ralf z wrote:

Eating sushi then calling other people hipsters.

Oh the irony, eh Ralf? Cool
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:12 am

My youngest boy is a sort of epicentre of hipster bollocks. Not only is he a hipster but he's also a beligerant vegan with all the sanctimonious toss that comes with that.

I can deal with that. Sure I think he's an idiot but he's only 21 so I can cut him a bit of slack.

One thing he would never do is think that the answer to every question is a.) Simple and b.) available from a three minute scan of the innerneck and Wiki.

That is what shits me about hipsters, especially when it comes to anything 'Hands On'. They remind me very much of the English Upper Class. They think that anything can be done by their ilk but they choose not to and those that perform those tasks are 'Little People' and therefore not worthy of either respect or remuneration because their *Skills* are valueless.

Actually probably less than the upper class it refers to the 'Petit Borgious' and the pretentious! I fart wetly and lavishly on their bath towels and metaphorically stab them in the eye with a compass!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:14 pm

Not a fan of hipster attitude or fashion but I thought I would take a look around to get some other thoughts on this by bikers and well,....fwiw

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

For the most part I do my best to ignore stuff that I don't like as most times I find I become the victim of my own thoughts somewhere down the line and man I hate that!

Contradiction is a part of who we are irritating as it can be. Perhaps some of you can relate. I would imagine most if not all given our average age. Gotta cut each other some slack in life. Wtf, life's too short to remain an emotion midget your whole life. It's a learn as you go process. Jumping the Q though.... death immediately! Pillage!

Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:22 pm

1151, Good video clip Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:41 pm

I don't give a shit if hipsters ride bikes. It's their attitude of entitlement that shits me.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:49 pm

It shits me when they take an angle grinder to some poor old nail, rip off its front mudguard and call it a 'Cafe Racer'!
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:13 pm

For what it's worth, there was no intent to pontificate and or to criticize beetle or anyone by what I posted prior re. the "Wtf, life is too short..." bit. Apologies if it was taken as such.

I was actually just curious about what some of the current thinking / feeling out in the biking community is regarding hipsters. My experience of them has not been great nor terribly bad. If anything, I guess they come off rather snobbish which I find amusing and not worth my time or concern.

I'll bet that pretty soon hipsters reject their current style and morph into something else while looking down with disdain on the remaining few hipsters who have yet to get the memo.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:23 pm

No need to apologize, no offense taken by me.

I only watched half of that video you posted, because the guy was starting to shit me. If I want to hate on knobs in their crisp squeaking leathers riding Panigale's with chicken strips, and gay pirates on Harley's, and BMW's, I bloody well will. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:31 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
It shits me when they take an angle grinder to some poor old nail, rip off its front mudguard and call it a 'Cafe Racer'!

Shit Pete, I got it all arse about, I ripped off the rear guard. Doh! scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:12 pm

ghezzi wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:

Shit Pete, I got it all arse about, I ripped off the rear guard. Doh! scratch

Hahahah... cheers
Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:05 am

I know lots of old hippies, but have never seen a a hipster in my neck of the woods, I don't think they venture must past the city limits.   However, I did have a great test ride recently on a Ducati Scrambler - marketed as a hipster bike, but what a fun ride.  Hope I don't get flamed for mentioning the 'D' word, but the bike itself is real hoot.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:39 am

It must have been the Tenni colored / brown seat scrambler that was such a hoot Laughing
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:01 am

You guys shouldn't ride GRiSO's if it makes you cranky, Anger Management classes ? Laughing
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:53 am

I've been cranky for 50 years Ron. cheers
Back to top Go down
Tassiedevil71
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:11 am

I try to have the "mantra" of not judging a 'book by its cover', as I am very conscious now of discriminating against those that I neither know or understand.

I still have a problem with arrogant, rude, obnoxious, self-centered, self-indulgent, hubris f*%kers that think they are better than you or others...... yes I have a chip on my shoulder (sometimes it's more like a log). I also have a problem with guys with swastikas tattooed on their heads - but maybe that's just me Shocked

However, I remember that I have had a lifetime of lessons learnt and a past that I am not proud of when it came to the way I thought and spoke about others. If there was hope for me, then there is hope for them.

Once again, just my 2cents....

Cheers Taz
Back to top Go down
GUZ21
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:17 pm

A hipster was looking over my bike the other day. He told me he didn't do big bikes. He rode a 350 Honda brat bike, whatever that is, implying some misguided superiority.

I didn't give him the benefit of my opinion, tho' he was eager to give his. I think he suffered from a total lack of testosterone, due to drinking too much over priced fancy coffee, drinking beer with too many hops, and eating the rubbish seaweed and polenta food that the inner city cafe's serve up now. Not to mention the girls hairstyle, and the poncey tattoos......
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:56 pm

You have to admit though... It's fun to fuck with the poor bastards.
I never miss the opportunity and the GRiSO is the perfect tool to help with the task at hands. Laughing
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:31 pm

Cant help but feel i am over most of these meatwhistlers that we now call Hipsters , they are about image that is it plain and simple , bikes like anything draw the good and the bad and these posers arnt my brothers or sisters they play the role and just want to be noticed , just another chapter in bike history. Maybe it does bring some into the fold , if they stay it may be worth it as long as they earn it ..
i say tell em to fuck off...
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:02 pm

Met a hipster recently with a Braap 250 (Chinese Honda copy) that had been cut-n-shut to look like shit.
Somebody told him his spokes would rust where they cross each other if he didn't keep it lubed up with WD-40. He liberally sprayed his wheels .......................................... and dick discs.
And promptly crashed his bike at the first corner coz it wouldn't stop.

Don't know if he was set up, but either way the knob deserves to be kept off the street.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:49 pm

I remember when hipsters were a style of trousers, that (believe it or not) were designed to sit on your hips (perish the thought) instead of being pulled in with a belt at one's waist.

You would have to say, that these original hipsters (and this, I believe, is where the name came from - the people that wore them) are now very commonplace as nearly all trousers are of this style.

Don't ask how I know this shit... maybe it's because I might have been there once!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloody hipsters!   Today at 11:51 pm

Back to top Go down

Bloody hipsters!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: