GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Non-GRiSO Inspiration

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Non-GRiSO Inspiration Empty
PostSubject: Non-GRiSO Inspiration   Non-GRiSO Inspiration Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:12 pm

I lashed out!

Yeah, I now have a new tank bag (thanks Gregg) - the old one was getting a bit sad after nearly 8 years of daily use. I also have winging to me (well it's with Australia Post , so winging is probably not quite correct) a set of Hepco and Becker "street" panniers and the CBow mounts - should be here Friday.

Last year on the way back from the Budgie, I went through some roundabouts just on the south side of Tamworth, I had to really struggle to get it back up after one of them as I leaned almost to the point of no return. 2 x 50 litre bags makes the bike a bit top heavy, lowering the centre (spelt correctly too) of gravity will do wonders for luggage bound trips. Dang, I can try it out in 4 weeks - yee haa!
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Non-GRiSO Inspiration   Non-GRiSO Inspiration Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:42 am

Well it's good to lash out - and your 'lashing' makes sense, as does your spelling! Very Happy

Be interested to see pics when all set up! Cool
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Non-GRiSO Inspiration   Non-GRiSO Inspiration Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:58 am

Bags arrived today - all fitted - all ready for the next trip - BRING IT ON!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Non-GRiSO Inspiration   Non-GRiSO Inspiration Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:26 am

Actually, it took the best part of an hour, using the destructions instructions that came with it. it only had a (very rough) picture of the right hand C-Bow mount, which I could not get mine to look like the picture for quite a while (I know, slow as a wet week).

Anyway, all came together eventually. The C-Bow painted bits are good quality, the fasteners, I think, are zinc plated. These will get replaced by Stainless (maybe tomorrow) and spring washers instead of the flat - don't want a fully loaded pannier to have a different journey than the one I had planned for it, do I now?
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Non-GRiSO Inspiration   Non-GRiSO Inspiration Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:34 am

Awsum stuff Tony.
Illawarra fasteners in unanderra are always good and helpful for bits and bobs of the stainless stuff.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Non-GRiSO Inspiration   Non-GRiSO Inspiration Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:53 am

Remember where I work Ralf? should be "off the shelf". You are not venturing north in 4 weeks are you?
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Non-GRiSO Inspiration   Non-GRiSO Inspiration Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:50 pm

It all makes sense.

Work said no!
No point butting heads with blue scope at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Non-GRiSO Inspiration   Non-GRiSO Inspiration Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:53 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: Non-GRiSO Inspiration   Non-GRiSO Inspiration Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:02 pm

For a one day consolation prize, the Guzzi club is heading southwards from Heathcote on Sunday 23rd.
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Non-GRiSO Inspiration   Non-GRiSO Inspiration Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:04 pm

That I can do.
Thanks Mal.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: Non-GRiSO Inspiration   Non-GRiSO Inspiration Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:11 am

9am for a 9.30 departure from the southbound Caltex - yes I know it's late, but it will be the morning after a night before. We didn't know the route on Tuesday night, but it should be known by the Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non-GRiSO Inspiration   Non-GRiSO Inspiration Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Non-GRiSO Inspiration
Page 1 of 1