GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

More data logging fun!

Go down 
+5
AOAM
little750
Oz1200Guzzi
Blue
beetle
9 posters
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

More data logging fun! Empty
PostSubject: More data logging fun!   More data logging fun! Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:08 am

Right. Going the extra nerdish mile, I've been playing with the HC-06 serial Bluetooth adapter for use with the ScanM5x app. Thanks to Impulsive_Duc and Christian Giupponi (ScanM5x author) for their hard work on this.

HC-06 module:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The HC-06 is connected to the serial port of the LC-2 wideband controller. The AFR data is then sent to the HC-06 and then via Bluetooth to the ScanM5x app, bypassing the ECU. The ScanM5x app will simultaneously connect to the ELM Bluetooth dongle (which is connected to the ECU), and the HC-06, so you can read the engine data from the ECU, and the AFR data from the LC-2. This means no conversions of the AFR data via the ECU, and hopefully, increased accuracy.

Testing the functionality:

I'll be taking it out on the road next.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: More data logging fun!   More data logging fun! Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:12 am

I do not pretend for 1 minute to completely understand what you are doing there Mark, but I can recognise that is pretty cool to have the mobile talking via bluetooth to the ECU. Cool

Back to my cave........... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: More data logging fun!   More data logging fun! Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:27 am

Ian, you can have this nirvana too!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: More data logging fun!   More data logging fun! Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:50 am

What's really cool is that because of the LC-2's capability of daisy-chaining multiple of controllers together, you could log left and right cylinders simultaneously. geek

I like me some simultaneous.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: More data logging fun!   More data logging fun! Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:10 am

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Ian, you can have this nirvana too!

Tony....... I have cables and a map - just not had the bottle or time to do it yet! Been riding as much as possible whilst we have the chance over here. Cool
Back to top Go down
little750
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
little750

PostSubject: Re: More data logging fun!   More data logging fun! Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:34 am

Do it you won’t regret it!
It only takes 30 minutes and if you save your old map and for some strange reason you don’t like the results you can go back.
Back to top Go down
AOAM
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
AOAM

PostSubject: Re: More data logging fun!   More data logging fun! Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:34 am

Cool stuff!
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: More data logging fun!   More data logging fun! Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:07 pm

How do you have it wired in? I can find the HC-06 with 9-pin connector on fleaBay, but connectors?

Does it just connect to the LC-2 via the 4-pin connector? Or do I need the 9-pin connected to serial and the 4-pin to power/ground?

Definitely willing to try this and get better accuracy. Maybe cure some of the vibes around 5K.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: More data logging fun!   More data logging fun! Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:11 pm

Egad.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: More data logging fun!   More data logging fun! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:06 am

Steve, use the serial cable that came with the LC-2 to connect to the HC-06. The HC-06 needs a 5V supply, so you'll need to add that. I used a 12V-5V USB chargy gizmo, and connected the 5V/GND of a USB cable I snipped to a 4 pin connector from a PC (it was a floppy drive power cable). It fits the HC-06 power connector perfectly.

Things get really nerdy now. You'll also need a conventional serial cable, or USB to DB9 serial adapter, to change the baud rate of the HC-06 to the rate the LC-2 uses. You have to connect the HC-06 to the serial port of a pooter, and use a terminal program to setup the HC-06.

Still interested? I can post some detailed stuff.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: More data logging fun!   More data logging fun! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:09 am

Coolio. I have / can get most or all of that, and I'll order an HC-06 off ebay.

I have a USB plug that uses the Battery Tender connection so I *think* that'll work as the "12V-5V USB chargy gizmo" Smile Do you think that would suffice? (http://www.batterytender.com/Accessories/USB-Charger-QDC.html)

I laughed when I saw the baud rate specified in the description of the HC-06; seemed a long time ago that I heard of speed xfer discussed in anything but mbit/sec. Ahh the old days of 300 baud dial-up using a VT100. geek

If you can post the steps to configure the HC-06 that'd be great.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: More data logging fun!   More data logging fun! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:27 pm

Scary part is, I understand Mark. Sheeeeesh.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: More data logging fun!   More data logging fun! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:00 pm

Yep, that tender charger USB thing will work just fine.

HC-06 connector:

To set the baud rate of the module:

1. Connect the module to the serial port of your PC.
2. Open the terminal program of your choice.
3. Set the COM port to:

Baud: 9600
Data: 8
Parity: none
Stop: 1
Flow: none

Now, the HC-06 will not accept typed commands. The command must be entered as a complete string, and you cannot hit enter/return. The best way is to have a text file opened with all the commands pretyped, so you can just use copy & paste. You will need the following strings ready to paste into the terminal:

AT
AT+BAUD5
AT+PIN1234
AT+NAMEhc-06

4. Connect

Confirm connection by pasting AT
Response: OK

Change baud rate by pasting AT+BAUD5
Response: OK19200

Confirm baud rate by changing COM port speed to 19200. Now paste AT
Response: OK

Change PIN to 1234 by pasting AT+PIN1234
Change name to hc-06 by pasting AT+NAMEhc-06

You could change the PIN to whatever you like, same as name.
The last two will be changed on next power on. That's it. Done.

In the ScanM5x settings, you will need to check the "Serial data from Innovate" and pair with the HC-06 from settings menu.

When you start ScanM5x, it will first connect to the ELM Bluetooth dongle, then the HC-06. Log away!

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: More data logging fun!   More data logging fun! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:01 pm

Thanks. I'll let you know when the HC-06 arrives.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: More data logging fun!   More data logging fun! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:24 pm

'Ere Mark, now I've got a spare set of headers do you want to get some bungs put in the spare pair so you can log both cylinders separately? More than happy to donate the 'Spares' to the cause. I'll keep the new, shiny ones probably but we can polish up my old horrors easily enough if you find the idea of them to harrowing!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: More data logging fun!   More data logging fun! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More data logging fun!   More data logging fun! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

More data logging fun!
Page 1 of 1