12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Another oncoming tappet failure?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Lemppari
Tanabuso
Tanabuso


Posts : 72
Join date : 2015-09-03
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:14 am

Anybody ever tried this for a measure? Should be good between two steel surfaces...ZAP
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO


Posts : 3959
Join date : 2013-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:59 am

Can you say "snake oil". Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO


Posts : 3767
Join date : 2013-05-29
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:16 am

Even if these sort of 'Wunda' products had any sort of engineering credibility, (They don't!) we aren't talking about two steel surfaces. We are talking one, rather odd, I've never seen a camshaft like it, steel surface and one of a crystalline carbon applied coating.

Let's say it once again with feeling, "THERE IS NO CHEAP MIRACLE CURE!"

Thank you and good night..........

Pete
Back to top Go down
Lemppari
Tanabuso
Tanabuso


Posts : 72
Join date : 2015-09-03
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:31 am

Only there seems to be ardent believers/users of said product in the Finnish Gruppo Guzzi, some using the engine version, some using the gearbox liquid, some even substituting moly with it. Go figure.

The only additive aside from moly I've used was way back in the 70's, when one added good old STP to reduce mechanical noises when selling a bike.

When you went and bought a bike, a good trick was to scrub the dipstick against your finger and maintain you could feel STP being used and hag the price down. Everybody used it back then so it was a safe bet that there was some being used.

P.S. I won't need the stuff anyway, I'm getting the roller kit. If I only knew when. The bike has been waiting for parts to come since the beginning of October....
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO


Posts : 3767
Join date : 2013-05-29
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:47 am

There are all sorts of people who believe in all sorts of weird nonsense. Look at religion! Doesn't mean it has any basis in fact but if it helps them get through the day.......

Pete
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO


Posts : 1015
Join date : 2014-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:22 am

Pete Roper wrote:
......... Look at religion! Doesn't mean it has any basis in fact but if it helps them get through the day.......

Pete

My feelings exactly...some people need assurance to go through the day, not me.
And there's no God in my world. The idea of some guy (that doesn't even get laid Crying or Very sad ) is out there in space looking out for us is so remote from common sense, it ain't funny.
Besides, if you believe in God you have to believe in the Devil, and it's easy to see that the Devil is winning on a regular basis. Look at all the shit's happening in this world!

I respect true believers as I met very nice religious folks but for the most part it's not only a scam, it's also the cause of all conflicts in this world.
Except maybe for Buddhism, since they worship the planet basically not some human like entity.
Sorry for the off topic...

When my tappets went south on my 09 at 36K miles, I knew that there was a flaw with the material Guzzi used and my assumption was confirmed when other well care machines with similar mileage failed...
So there are no magical solutions to prevent this and no God or even Al Gore, cannot help you! LOL
I don't think there is a flatie out there with much more than 50K on its original tappets.
My bike had the recall made before being sold to me by a competent dealer (no longer among us) and I serviced it meticulously from day one with correct oil etc... didn't make much of a difference, just postpone the fail maybe.


On a good note. Looks like Seminole Power Sports in Sanford FL is gonna carry the Guzzi brand!!!!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
If this pan out, I'll be golden as they are only 20 miles away from me. If not, there's AF1 Racing in Texas.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO


Posts : 3959
Join date : 2013-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:20 pm

Lemppari wrote:
Only there seems to be ardent believers/users of said product in the Finnish Gruppo Guzzi, some using the engine version, some using the gearbox liquid, some even substituting moly with it. Go figure.


Their flat tappets will still destroy themselves. Then the big ends. Thus endeth the lesson.
Back to top Go down
John Lyon
Tanabuso
Tanabuso


Posts : 50
Join date : 2014-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:19 am

Pete Roper wrote:
There are all sorts of people who believe in all sorts of weird nonsense. Look at religion! Doesn't mean it has any basis in fact but if it helps them get through the day.......

Pete

I have no trouble getting through the day. Thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Grignapoco
Grignapoco


Posts : 104
Join date : 2015-09-30
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:59 am

I only believe in proven facts, not in magic men in the sky.
Having to rollerize my GRiSO in the near future is one of those facts Sad
Back to top Go down
John Lyon
Tanabuso
Tanabuso


Posts : 50
Join date : 2014-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:28 am

klaas123 wrote:
I only believe in proven facts, not in magic men in the sky.
Having to rollerize my GRiSO in the near future is one of those facts Sad

Bravo.  No belief is required for a proven fact, is it?  The spiritual realm is by definition outside of the purview of the scientific method.  Talking about two different things.

I will also rollarize, but don't appreciate irrelevant pot shots on a motorcycle forum.  Sorry, usually I ignore such stuff, but I was feeling saucy today.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Sfregiato
Sfregiato


Posts : 477
Join date : 2014-04-10
Age : 62

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:10 am

John Lyon wrote:
klaas123 wrote:
I only believe in proven facts, not in magic men in the sky.
Having to rollerize my GRiSO in the near future is one of those facts Sad

Bravo.  No belief is required for a proven fact, is it?  The spiritual realm is by definition outside of the purview of the scientific method.  Talking about two different things.

I will also rollarize, but don't appreciate irrelevant pot shots on a motorcycle forum.  Sorry, usually I ignore such stuff, but I was feeling saucy today.

plus 1 This forum is unfortunately full of pot shots and opinions that have no bearing on motorcycling and motorcycles.


Back to top Go down
Tolle09
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio


Posts : 234
Join date : 2014-10-07
Age : 53

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:06 pm

I've been feeling saucy, but unfortunately her indoors has been going through the "change" for the last 5 years
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO


Posts : 1015
Join date : 2014-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:13 pm

John Lyon wrote:
............. but don't appreciate irrelevant pot shots on a motorcycle forum.  Sorry, usually I ignore such stuff, but I was feeling saucy today.

Since I'm French, I had to look at the meaning of "pot shot"...and it states that it's basically a criticism that is especially random or unfounded.
I'm OK with the random part in this thread but not the unfounded part. It was brought up as an example and I happen to agree.

You religious guys need to chill because there are a lot of things that I (and lots of other folks) don't appreciate about religion...starting with the fact that I can't buy booze on Sundays before noon in my County due to Baptists having their panties in a wad about drunk people.
Do I need to buy alcohol on Sunday mornings? Rarely, but it's still a direct violation of my rights from someone that believe in something he CANNOT even prove!!
That my good Sir, I don't appreciate mmmmkayy...a lot worse than having someone taking a "pot shot" on an open Forum because the fact that I'm not a believer will never have an impact on your rights or lifestyle.

Lastly a Forum is just that, a Forum. So people are gonna talk and get off topic eventually but when it comes to this fine Forum here at least, you'll still get all your infos and how tos and some downloads to make your bike run better.... for free!!
That! Should be greatly appreciated and negate the fact that you find yourself all butt hurt because someone has a different view than you about religion or in that case, no view at all.[/quote]


Last edited by Grisonut on Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO


Posts : 3767
Join date : 2013-05-29
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:17 pm

People's belief systems are entirely their own affair. I simply used the example of religion as an example of something that is odd that many people believe in. I wasn't criticising your or anybody else's belief. As long as you don't think that your 'Beleving' makes you better than somebody who doesn't it's all good to me so just lighten up and stop thinking everyone is taking a swing at you.

Pete
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo


Posts : 1692
Join date : 2014-05-22
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:17 pm

Well at least we can agree on one thing, the earth is still flat!
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO


Posts : 3767
Join date : 2013-05-29
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:20 pm

It is in Queensland! Razz
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO


Posts : 1015
Join date : 2014-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:22 pm

You Osstralians are such instigators...
You wankers!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO


Posts : 3959
Join date : 2013-09-30

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:55 pm

That's enough. This thread is turning offensive, as if the tappet failure want offensive enough.

Please return to the Piaggio hate fest.
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo


Posts : 1692
Join date : 2014-05-22
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:32 pm

Did I say earth? Sorry, I meant to say tappet, ................... puppet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
klaas123
Grignapoco
Grignapoco


Posts : 104
Join date : 2015-09-30
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:48 pm

John Lyon wrote:
klaas123 wrote:
I only believe in proven facts, not in magic men in the sky.
Having to rollerize my GRiSO in the near future is one of those facts Sad

Bravo.  No belief is required for a proven fact, is it?  The spiritual realm is by definition outside of the purview of the scientific method.  Talking about two different things.

I will also rollarize, but don't appreciate irrelevant pot shots on a motorcycle forum.  Sorry, usually I ignore such stuff, but I was feeling saucy today.

Here's some relevant stuff for you:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good day!
Back to top Go down
John Lyon
Tanabuso
Tanabuso


Posts : 50
Join date : 2014-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:02 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
People's belief systems are entirely their own affair. I simply used the example of religion as an example of something that is odd that many people believe in. I wasn't criticising your or anybody else's belief. As long as you don't think that your 'Beleving' makes you better than somebody who doesn't it's all good to me so just lighten up and stop thinking everyone is taking a swing at you.

Pete

Thank you, Pete. End of story as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo


Posts : 1692
Join date : 2014-05-22
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:32 am

Over on your local BMW forums, S1000 R's are shitting cams left right and centre. True.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Quote.
I saw one red S1000R up on Mt Nebo last Sunday, it had the left side con-rod through the engine block, it was a mess.


Last edited by ghezzi on Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
klaas123
Grignapoco
Grignapoco


Posts : 104
Join date : 2015-09-30
Age : 56

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:59 am

Information

You are not authorised to download this attachment.
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo


Posts : 1692
Join date : 2014-05-22
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 am

Fixed. Photos that is, not the BMW's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
pkroupa
Montanarolo
Montanarolo


Posts : 15
Join date : 2015-07-16
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:52 am

My second update. My first test ride after long winter on my rollerized bike. I cleaned oil sump, change oil and filter and changed throttle body because a bloke who sell me a bike touched the sacred screw and both stop screws (he tried to set up idle) and I was'nt able to properly tune it. :-( BTW I bought untouched throttle body on ebay for 120EUR only. Throttle body balanced (it needed only 1/5 turn and little play with right air bleed in idle). Downloaded Latest Beetle factory roller map, thank you Beetle :-) TPS reset etc. And the bike is runnig very very good. Razz
BTW my first start after throttle body change was't good because I forgot to reset TPS :-( My mistake. Only idle was fine but it was't possible to increase RPM, I stopped it after 20-30sec and after TPS reset everything was fine (TPS reading before was zero...).
Thank You to all ghetto.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Another oncoming tappet failure?   Today at 8:38 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Another oncoming tappet failure?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: