12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Desebells & imitsions tags

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
WAKEY
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Desebells & imitsions tags   Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:49 am

G'Day Grisor's, Can anybody tell me where on the GRiSO the Desebells and emissions tag is found on a 1100 2006 model, i saw some footage on facebook where a cop pulled a guy on a brand new bike over and was getting all bent out off shape over the plague he called it where's ya plague all he could say, and was going to make this guys life hell over it if couldn't show him the plague. so i was thinking shit i wonder where mine is on the GRiSO and i can't find nothing, its got after market slipons on it and i was thinking is the tag on the stock can, any body shed some light on this issue please, iv'e never much been into the legal side of what we can have and what we can't but as ya's well know how things have changed for the worst and if ya get done its a lot of shit ya got go through so id'e rather be on top of it. any help much appreciated.

Wakey.
Back to top Go down
http://sw57@bigpond.com
sidrat
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Desebells & imitsions tags   Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:19 pm

Don't know, but i can tell you that a standard 8V with the factory termi pipe and DB killer puts out 98DB
Back to top Go down
Scot p
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Desebells & imitsions tags   Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:55 pm

How old was the vid ? I think the whole labeling thing was changed a few years back..on a stock can the Emark is stamped into it...

cya
Scot.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Desebells & imitsions tags   Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:33 pm

Yup, with the Lavizzari system there is no compliance plate or sticker. Yet another reason to leave the db killers in.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Desebells & imitsions tags   Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:30 pm

Yeah Wakey, the rules were changed back some time, as Pete says.

The current scenario, as I understand it, in NSW, is they can invite you back to the shop to do a noise test, but I don't believe there is a legal requirement to do so.

I certainly would elect to not. I used to do vehicle noise testing to the RTA some years back (way before they got their own gear) and it is very interesting, and subjective, as to a noise level and its perceived annoyance factor - indeed, whether or not it is in fact legal!

I have had noise discussions with a Mr Plod on prior occasions as to how extra noisy my exhaust was. In the end we both walked away - him without writing a ticket, and me with my ego intact. I would do it again, especially with the muffler (well technically it is one) fitted to my Sport.

Worry ye not, Wakey, go ride!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Desebells & imitsions tags   Today at 1:54 am

Back to top Go down

Desebells & imitsions tags
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: