12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lithium batteries in the US

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Lithium batteries in the US   Mon May 23, 2016 10:56 pm

Full frontal, oh yeah.
Back to top Go down
DangWangi
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Lithium batteries in the US   Tue May 24, 2016 10:01 am

LBC Tenni wrote:
Here is a pic DW. The Bikemaster is slightly smaller than the stocker, but the locking bracket still works if you shim the bottom with the included foam. I did have to bend the connectors on the leads a little flatter so they could attach from the front rather than the sides. The stock setup attaching from the sides caused some chafing of paint and plastic. The battery is very strong and no need to charge. If it lasts like it should I'll have no complaint. Go for it. Most brands are made in China or use Chinese components assembled elsewhere to claim another country of origin. The truth is most are Chinese regardless of what the label says. Don't pay a premium for a brand name or country of origin on the label.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Thanks LBC Tenni! I think I'll give it a go. My original Yusa doesn't seem to want to ever start the GRiSO after sitting a night even thought it reads 12.3v off the bike, but I suppose that's not enough to turn over the motor anymore.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Lithium batteries in the US   Tue May 24, 2016 10:15 am

Always replaced with Motobatt with good results-4 terminals, too.
Back to top Go down
DangWangi
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Lithium batteries in the US   Sat May 28, 2016 8:23 pm

LBC Tenni wrote:
GRiSO says vahruuum! With an authority not heard on lead-acid. cheers Lithium is good.

Mine arrived today as well LBCTenni...install was pretty much a perfect fit...one of the provided mats below, and one between the battery and battery box. Thanks for providing the battery details for purchase.
Back to top Go down
DangWangi
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Lithium batteries in the US   Sat May 28, 2016 8:46 pm

I am curious..has anyone ever had to replace the cable connectors? Not sure if that's their official name..you know the L shaped part that crimps to the cables which then get attached to the battery? I may have over muscled my negative one a wee bit attaching it and I think it may have gotten a hair-line crack at the 90 degree bend...not sure if it will cause problems down the road but thought I might be pro-active and just crimp a new one on but cant find any on the interwebs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lithium batteries in the US   Today at 8:36 pm

Back to top Go down

Lithium batteries in the US
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: