12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Bella reconstruction ... and paint (?)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Bella reconstruction ... and paint (?)   Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:09 pm

I have just received this 17" alloy guard to better follow the contour of the 17" tyre (stock was 18"). Its also about 3" shorter than stock.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hopefully this week will see the English wheel in action rolling up a new alloy rear guard, based on the contours of the rear portion of the chromed V7 fuel tank.
This will be mounted to the frame, not the swingarm as per my previous (lost) guard. Round 70mm tail light to be semi frenched into the guard.

Instead of keeping it Roper classified "Crass & Vulgar" in chromed/polished alloy, I am leaning towards the latest Mazda metallic red with just the knee pads left chromed.
Highlights or pinstriping undecided ................ Guards etc will be painted chrome first with candy apple over the top.

Two other major mods coming;
1. My twin mufflers on left side will be raised to almost seat base height and tucked under as far as possible to make way for Q/D saddlebags and mounts. Like your GRiSO high mount Ago's etc.
2. Le Mans 1 fairing .............. need help here. Been searching the net for custom Guzzi's with that fairing but NOT WITH clip-ons.
I need to keep current riding position, but trying to picture small LM1 fairing with similar bars & risers to the GRiSO.

Here's a pic of Bella in current form (except the rear guard now resides near Somerset Dam).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Bella reconstruction ... and paint (?)   Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:17 pm

This floats my boat.
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Bella reconstruction ... and paint (?)   Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:40 pm

Based on the number of HOIGOF (Highly Opinionated, Intolerant, Grumpy Old Farts) on this forum, I'm surprised at the lack of comment on my poor design flair. Although, I will add I don't give a flying truck what you think.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Bella reconstruction ... and paint (?)   Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:00 pm

ghezzi wrote:
Based on the number of HOIGOF (Highly Opinionated, Intolerant, Grumpy Old Farts) on this forum, I'm surprised at the lack of comment on my poor design flair. Although, I will add I don't give a flying truck what you think.

Well, enough said, he said.

I think your design is the pits! So there!

You have an English Wheel? What else do you or don't you have, Wayne?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Bella reconstruction ... and paint (?)   Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:18 pm

Well you haven't said anything stupid, outrageous or plain ridiculous in this thread. Nothing to go Uber Curmudegeon over.

btw, I'll be building a custom map for a Bellagio here in Wagga soon.
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Bella reconstruction ... and paint (?)   Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:12 pm

Tony, all I have is pictures in me head, other people have to extract those pictures and turn them into reality. I know some people .................
One day I will buy lathes and mills again.

Mark, that is awesome. Will have to get Alan over to do the brain transplant .................. then he can    load the map into Bella while he's here.

In the mean time, anybody locate photos of a Guzzi with a Mk1 fairing, and GRiSO bars. I'm curious to the look.

Update:
I've got a grinder, just cut me exhaust in half and another frame bracket off.
Will have to fix it now!
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Bella reconstruction ... and paint (?)   Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:39 pm

You keep on going, mate. The Bella's looking good & going to look better.

I like the concept of "with just the knee pads left chromed." Doing just that to the Continental tank on the Enfield. Still have to POR the tank, but then will get hold of some of that vinyl wrap & try out some designs & colours. It should be easily reversible.
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Bella reconstruction ... and paint (?)   Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:40 am

Ignore the battery tray and loose wiring. New rear guard under construction ...... next week.

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Bella reconstruction ... and paint (?)   Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:12 am

Ditch the chrome tank. I hate shiny tanks. They are vulgar, and for me to say that you know you're on a hiding to nothing entering into an argument! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
Lenz9753
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Bella reconstruction ... and paint (?)   Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:24 am

ghezzi wrote:

I believe the appropriate abbreviation may be FTLOYIDC - Fuck The Lot Of Yers I Don't Care ..... but you know you really DO ..... sometimes anyway ...... ( err on the side of VULGAR - lest Mr Roper have nothing to froth about )
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Bella reconstruction ... and paint (?)   Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:33 am

I won't argue with you Pete, lest you drag me down to your level, and beat me with experience.

I did say I was gunna paint it red.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Bella reconstruction ... and paint (?)   Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:51 am

ARRRGH! Fuck! It's Saturday night. What do you expect? Sense? Logic?

Bollocks!
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Bella reconstruction ... and paint (?)   Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:53 am

Bella is BELLA, nice bike!
Back to top Go down
Street
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Bella reconstruction ... and paint (?)   Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:41 pm

"...and paint (?)" Why don't you and Pete see if you can get a two-for-one deal on a pink paint job, that'd be cute.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Bella reconstruction ... and paint (?)   Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:49 pm

Ah, yes. Wayne and Pete riding gaily beside each other, hand in hand on Pink Bella and Pink GRiSO. It would make one swoon.
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Bella reconstruction ... and paint (?)   Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:55 pm

Hey Pete, I think we should consign these two to the same "shit-for-brains" bin as your Scrambler mate.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Bella reconstruction ... and paint (?)   Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:06 pm

A "Cafe Racer Coffee" inspired paint job Wayne ????
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Bella reconstruction ... and paint (?)   Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:39 pm

Nah! Chris has got 13 bikes so he can paint one of his. Red is always faster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bella reconstruction ... and paint (?)   Today at 9:45 pm

Back to top Go down

Bella reconstruction ... and paint (?)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: