GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Back wheel movemant

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WAKEY
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
WAKEY

Back wheel movemant Empty
PostSubject: Back wheel movemant   Back wheel movemant Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:43 pm

Hi, I had my GRiSO'S back wheel up off the ground yesterday and i just grabed the wheel and tryed to move it as if to check the wheel bearings and I could get a tiny bit of movemant, I thought it a strange being a bike with such low milage, is there any adjustmant on the bearing there or have i got a problem, any help much appreciated,

Steve.
Back to top Go down
http://sw57@bigpond.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Back wheel movemant   Back wheel movemant Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:00 pm

It really depends. Some of the early 1100's had a recall for the CARCASS bevelbox due to a duff bearing but this only affected 2005 and early 2006 Brevas and Grisos.

While there will always be a tiny amount of play as there has to be clearance in the bearings it is usually so small as to be barely detectable. In all honesty I doubt very much if you have anything to worry about, when the bearing cage fails or the bearing begins to gall up the seal almost invariably gives up the ghost fort and you end up with oil on the rear wheel and tyre.

My advice would be be 'Alert but not alarmed' and just monitor it.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Back wheel movemant   Back wheel movemant Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:36 pm

This may sound silly, but check your lug bolts as well. See thread elsewhere on the Ghetto re: rear wheel falling off.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM

PostSubject: Re: Back wheel movemant   Back wheel movemant Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:35 pm

110Nm tightening torque.
Back to top Go down
WAKEY
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
WAKEY

PostSubject: Re: Back wheel movemant   Back wheel movemant Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:16 am

Thanks fellers, yeah peter it is hardly noticeable, i think its the leverage making it noticeable, on the ground i can't feel any movemant at all, but like you say i will keep an eye on it, thanks again.

Steve.
Back to top Go down
http://sw57@bigpond.com
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Back wheel movemant   Back wheel movemant Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:30 am

The last time I removed my back wheel to regrease the swing arm bearings I drilled a small hole in the heads of each wheel bolt, or lug bolt as you yanks call them.
I then tightened them up and wired them up thru these holes - no worries now
Ciao
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Back wheel movemant   Back wheel movemant Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:50 am

wardentm wrote:
The last time I removed my back wheel to regrease the swing arm bearings I drilled a small hole in the heads of each wheel bolt, or lug bolt as you yanks call them.
I then tightened them up and wired them up thru these holes - no worries now
Ciao

I did the same to mine a few years back. Never had a loose wheel bolt, but a friend went down on a Norge that lost its wheel and that was all the incentive I needed.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
Cereal KLR
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Cereal KLR

PostSubject: Re: Back wheel movemant   Back wheel movemant Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:02 am

Yep, I safety wire all drain plugs and axle/ wheel nuts. Overkill? Maybe, haven't had anything fall off yet!
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Back wheel movemant   Back wheel movemant Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:26 pm

I use deer whistles too. Do they work? Reasearch says "no", but I've never hit a deer!

Back to top Go down
Cereal KLR
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Cereal KLR

PostSubject: Re: Back wheel movemant   Back wheel movemant Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:23 pm

Now I need to safety wire the deer whistles...
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Back wheel movemant   Back wheel movemant Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:55 pm

Did that too. The wimpy little piece of double stick tape doesn't hold up too well to high speed shenanigans, rain or frequent washes.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back wheel movemant   Back wheel movemant Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Back wheel movemant
Page 1 of 1