GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO Fairing

Go down 
+65
BobW981
bhattman
SMTCapeCod
GuzziLooper
tsheep2
Evans
Azdave
KrisPL
tvboy
MalG
rsmike
markymark
Harald
knumbnutz
Nobleswood
alanlemansiv
kiwi dave
Omnis
The Dogfather
rick pope
bahamazoo
GHTE
cognosticator
paulbrice
DeepSpace
Papa Lazarou
kidsmoke
sideshowbob
davem
Dolebludging warmonger
HCSO617
EricS
wyno
Stubbie
moto
2highlander
Cantaloop
ronbo10
Birch
Bulldog9
rboe
Canyon Carver
JohnA
Oz1200Guzzi
waterbottle
sasa
GNORTS
supercoyote
Dilliw
NorthernProducer
Pete Roper
bioman
Bill Hagan
ScottMellor
Daves-i-Know
keenerkeen07
Blue
Lenz9753
H-E-ROSS
beetle
Grisonut
Cereal KLR
Street
Steak
sidrat
69 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Fairings
Yes, as it makes the bike more practical
GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 I_vote_lcap21%GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 21% [ 42 ]
Yes, but just one of those small screens
GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 I_vote_lcap53%GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 53% [ 105 ]
No, Just ride the bike at a speed where you don't need one
GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 3% [ 6 ]
No, just man up!
GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 I_vote_lcap23%GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 23% [ 46 ]
Total Votes : 199

AuthorMessage
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:35 am

You're so right, Daves, it really is a personal, aesthetic choice. For the time being I'm keeping the Givi A750 setup that I currently have on my '07 1100. I think it looks okay and it works very well, but when I saw that "bullet cowl" I immediately thought it would complement the GRiSO's lines and if it functions well that would be a bonus. As I said, it warrants further investigation, but I'm not sure I want to invest so much on an experiment. I'll try to get to a dealership at some point and measure one up to see if it's even worth pursuing further.

And Blue, that last Yamaha one you linked to looks pretty good as well, but I think I'm done drawing these up for now.

Here's my G with the A750:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I made some stainless steel struts to stiffen the mount and minimize vibration and buffeting:

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:49 am

nice job on the struts ....Street
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:32 am

I agree with Keener, that's a good job. That screen looks big enough to make a good difference.
Back to top Go down
ScottMellor
Carlotto
Carlotto
ScottMellor

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:27 am

That bullet Stryker looks very good.
Kinda pugnacious and reminds me of Brian Johnson's flat cap.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:24 pm

Maybe I'm overthinking this a bit...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:21 pm

Daves-i-Know wrote:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

I've installed that one on my 1100 and while it was cheap from a local retailer at $70, it was involved to make it works.
I wouldn't recommend it as I had to make a bracket to relocate the headlamp up and outwards.
Also had to trim the bottom part to clear the turn signals.
It's the best looking one out there as far as retro look goes. Be perfect on a little V7...
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:43 pm

Since I got my new 2013 Diavolo Nero I decided to take the plunge and order a Yamaha Stryker Bullet Cowl and see if it would work on the GRiSO. I'm pretty pleased with the results. And it functions well too. After I finished the install I took it out for a spin and found it to be a vast improvement over the naked bike. I'm looking forward to a longer test ride, but I did manage to take it up to 80mph on the freeway and it deflected the wind nicely. I also like that it comes in a matte black finish, a perfect match to the Diavolo Nero's paint scheme. And I think it compliments the GRiSO's lines nicely too, both from the front and sides and even from behind where its shape mirrors that of the handlebars. Biggest downside? Around $300 U.S.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />" />" />

The Yamaha brackets wouldn't work, but I fabricated some stainless steel struts like the ones I had used on the Givi fairings I'd had on the GRiSO Rosso. This provides a firm mount and eliminates any vibration. The lower edge is notched around the turn signals and this holds the bottom in place.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />" />" />" />

I hope you like it!

Last edited by Street on Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bill Dee and mickfinn like this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:10 pm

Shocked Thumbs Up

Good job street. Best looking fairing I've seen on a GRiSO.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:22 pm

I dunno why but it made me think of this:

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:56 pm

If I lived in Seattle or, FTM, anywhere in the PNW rain-forest region  Wink , not sure I'd be man enough to ride a motorcycle, much less a naked.

So, I understand the fairing.  And, at least the latest version, above, is not like the one I saw in New Hampshire last summer ...

No No No

I have the OEM screen on mine, but I am thinking about pulling it, the C-Bows, and Stelvio hand guards off.  I certainly do not regret getting those, and they served well.  But I now use the GRiSO (mostly) for decent-weather day romps, not for multi-dayers as shown below.  A tank bag is about all I need for my cell phone, CCW's mate ... and bail money.   Very Happy

I do like the Dart screen, tho, and may swap for one of those.

Bill
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:17 pm

That be fugly.

In GRiSO we trust!

BobW981 likes this post

Back to top Go down
H-E-ROSS
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
H-E-ROSS

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:52 pm

Street, That's a nice clean install. I think it matches the lines much better than the Givi.

Bill, I recently fitted an OEM screen like yours to my GRiSO. I found it to be much more effective than the fly screen that came with my bike. I thought about buying the Dart Marlin before I scored the unavailable OEM on eBay. I can't think of a reason to swap yours out as I think the hardware is far superior on the OEM. Of course, if it is a color issue you could always just bring your screen to a tint shop. In the mean time I concur with Mark regarding that oversized fairing found in NH!
Back to top Go down
http://h-e-ross.com
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:29 pm

[quote="beetle"]I dunno why but it made me think of this:

Bourbon, maybe? Thanks for the earlier compliment, but now you've just gone kooky!

Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:57 pm

It is a little bit Batmobily, but also the only GRiSO fairing so far that I find really very beautiful. Excellent job!!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:49 am

I like it. Not for me but it's a lot better than a lot of the other munt out there.
Pete
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:07 am

Street looks great ......and IMO was built for a Nero GRiSO
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:17 am

I like it Street...nicely done!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:15 pm

It looks GREAT in person. This morning was the monthly Moto International Moto Guzzi brunch down in Street's neighborhood.

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:17 pm

I like that a lot street, well done!
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:33 pm

A screen or fairing just doesn't seem natural for a GRiSO, but they do have their purpose.  I chose the Deflector DX as 1) it's less than $100 US and 2) it comes off in seconds leaving just the handlebar mounts.  Me on nice Feb morning:

SorryOciffer likes this post

Back to top Go down
supercoyote
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
supercoyote

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:10 pm

I'm very surprised at how much I like that Stryker cowl.
Back to top Go down
GNORTS
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
GNORTS

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:57 pm

An immaculate install.  I would expect no less from my friend Street.  And I like the fairing in profile - the line of the headlight cowl nicely flows to the forward line of the "wings."  But, to me, the "eyebrow" over the headlight, with its slightly squared upper corners, just looks a little too "bat-wing" for me.  I still prefer my Givi 770 bikini fairing, which is NLA.

I have a set of Stelvio hand guards on my 1100, but I  think they will come off this season.  Functional, but clunky.

I will reserve final judgement until I see Street's ride in person.  Sometime this summer.

(as if my opinion meant shit.  This kind of thing is so subjective)
Back to top Go down
sasa
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
sasa

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:08 am

I installed a larger screen than a Dart Marlin today. Comfy, comfy!

SorryOciffer likes this post

Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:05 am

I like Street's Yammy fairing Thumbs Up
but I would change the screen to one with less Lip ? at the end. I removed my shitty aftermarket screen for a recent trip and found that my noisy shoei helmet was a LOT quieter Shocked
Mal , you were right, I got rid of the big mirrors, made it better, but still noisy at road speeds. if I stand up, much quieter, so threw the fairing away..... Much quieter. but I would still like a bikini fairing of some sort.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GRiSO Fairing   GRiSO Fairing - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO Fairing
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next