12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

What do ya think of the new Triumph Twins?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: What do ya think of the new Triumph Twins?   Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:49 am

Yeah, stuff that - I'm built for comfort, not for speed.
Back to top Go down
Tolle09
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: What do ya think of the new Triumph Twins?   Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:11 pm

A good dump before you go out would save you buying the Kevlar tank albino
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: What do ya think of the new Triumph Twins?   Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:57 pm

Tolle, you're no fun at all.
When you are old, fat, bald and ugly, you need exotic toys to distract attention away from yourself.
Dr. Edelstien has a new blonde bimbo every few years, I'll av anuva bike fanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
odder
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: What do ya think of the new Triumph Twins?   Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:28 pm

It is more of the same but Thruxton R has a nice tank shape and ohlins so that would be interesting.
Put this over the boring honda retro and the barf R9T beard & tight pants machine.

The industry seams to lag a few years behind the media fads/trends. All the dudes were on choppers, then the MFG's made their "customs", now every one has a big trailie 2 wheeled SUV (Charlie/Ewan).

IMHO Now through the next few years will be the big bore naked standards.

1. The people who could afford the big trailies can't lift them and don't like the tall seat.
2. Many modern sportbikes have tons of "apps" and pushing over 160HP
3. Kids can't afford them and will stay home to play video games...

Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: What do ya think of the new Triumph Twins?   Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:39 pm

R9T suxx ass hard.
I am completely befuddled about why they made that hideous toad when they had the Rockster.
The Rockster was Sexy!
Back to top Go down
Lenz9753
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: What do ya think of the new Triumph Twins?   Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:11 pm

ghezzi wrote:
Tolle, you're no fun at all.
When you are old, fat, bald and ugly, you need exotic toys to distract attention away from yourself.
Dr. Edelstien has a new blonde bimbo every few years, I'll av anuva bike fanks.

The magic antidote to being old, fat, bald and ugly is apparently a shitload of MONEY .......
Back to top Go down
HLMiskelly
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: What do ya think of the new Triumph Twins?   Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:42 am

I swapped a customized '09 Bonneville for the GRiSO last spring, mostly because I had gotten to the point where any additional farkle would ruin the looks and it had gotten boring.  The last blow driving me to trading it in after six years was a business trip to Portland, Oregon, where every other hipster and woman seemed to riding one.  I came home and rode the old Bonneville up to the MG dealership in Murphreesburo, Tennessee, and rode back on the new GRiSO without looking back.

About the only new Triumph classic twin I like is the basic Street Tracker, again because of all the customization possibilities and its clean look.  

I know that Triumph is trying to compete with both the new Norton and the new Ducati Scrambler.  But, in my humble opinion, they made a mistake in going bigger.  The really disruptive move would have been to go smaller and lighter, back to a 500cc twin that would have captured the hearts of the hipsters they seem so eager to capture.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do ya think of the new Triumph Twins?   Today at 3:18 am

Back to top Go down

What do ya think of the new Triumph Twins?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: