12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

New from Aprilia! The World's Fastest Bagger!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KevinEmpire
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: New from Aprilia! The World's Fastest Bagger!   Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:19 pm

So, the RSV4 RF Factory. 201 horsepower, more electronics than your typical fighter aircraft, build for one reason only, as a homologation platform for WSBK racing, right? Well, they only made 200 of them worldwide, and only 80 came to the states. As a dealer we couldn't even order one unless it was pre-sold. And guess what? The one we sold is back in the shop for some modifications at the first service interval.

The owner had us install Hepco & Becker pannier mounts, bar risers, heated grips, and a big squishy seat. I can't decide if it's a total abomination, or totally awesome. haha

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: New from Aprilia! The World's Fastest Bagger!   Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:27 pm

You have got to be fucking kidding me. Rolling Eyes

A world class suborbital road rocket and he wants to tour on it? Shocked
He needs to have a cup of tea and a good lie down.
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: New from Aprilia! The World's Fastest Bagger!   Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:10 pm

Awesome, bloody awesome.
My favourite road in Australia begins 600k from my door. Then the next half hour of fun is really hard work with constant corner upon corner with no respite. Too far for a 1 day return journey of 1,300k.

Why should a suborbital rocket be a total PITA for a big days ride?
And why do manufacturer's have to add 100kg weight and substandard brakes, suspension & tyres when they make a bike a little more practical for a full weekend ride?

I want both touring and fanging corners in one bike.
Bella will top 210kg wet with bags full too.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

Last edited by ghezzi on Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
keenerkeen07
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: New from Aprilia! The World's Fastest Bagger!   Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:05 pm

beetle wrote:
You have got to be fucking kidding me. Rolling Eyes

A world class suborbital road rocket and he wants to tour on it? Shocked
He needs to have a cup of tea and a good lie down.

i would probably do the same, if you cant tour on it than what fricken good is it ...eh
I am having tea right now and in my lazyboy by the way..Wink
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: New from Aprilia! The World's Fastest Bagger!   Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:16 pm

Dunno where he's planning on touring to? An RSV4 is a thirsty bastard at the best of times. Once it cuts on to the shower head injectors and you start giving it the berries it's like there's a hole in the (Small.) tank. If it's been hotted up to any degree he'll be stopping every fifty miles for fuel! Not much of a 'Tour'! Very Happy Even with a comfy seat to would be criplingly uncomfortable. It'd be like trying to ride around with someone bending you in two and ramming a spear up yer blurter!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: New from Aprilia! The World's Fastest Bagger!   Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:13 am

WTF? I have a feeling he bought it because it was a hard to get status symbol, a unique, primo expensive, state of the art, piece of muy macho machinery that set him apart from the hoi poloi.

Now he realizes its totally impractical for the type of riding he really likes to do, and is scrambling
to somehow tame the beast!

Can't say I haven't done the same once or thrice myself, though...I once bought a beautiful black
Thunderbird convertible, drove it for 6 months, took it back to the same shop and bought an Explorer.
What a wanker. A wanker with 7 thousand less dollars!
I should have taken the fact that my head actually touched the roof unless I slumped down as
a signal that maybe I shouldn't buy it. But damn that car looked good, and it flew when you gunned it!
Shit, I really miss that car....
Back to top Go down
KevinEmpire
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: New from Aprilia! The World's Fastest Bagger!   Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:26 am

The thing I found really funny is that the same customer also owns a Tuono, and a Triumph Sprint GT. Either of which (and especially the Sprint) would make a better tour-er than the RSV4. But to each his own I suppose haha.

That seat is ridiculous, though. Sure it's squishy and soft compared to the stock item, but it's also nearly two inches taller with all the additional padding. So even with the raised clipons we installed, the seat-to-bar angle is actually more aggressive geometry than the stock bike was.
Back to top Go down
Street
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: New from Aprilia! The World's Fastest Bagger!   Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:04 pm

I want to see pictures of it at the track - with the bags on!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: New from Aprilia! The World's Fastest Bagger!   Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:08 pm

C-Bows do look awkward... But hey, you have to carry your piss in something, don't you?
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: New from Aprilia! The World's Fastest Bagger!   Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:16 pm

Maybe he needed the bags to carry all that debt...
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: New from Aprilia! The World's Fastest Bagger!   Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:57 am

Way to fugg up a good looking bike... Mad
Maybe one of those Parabellum and top case would compliment the awesome taste and common sense of the owner.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: New from Aprilia! The World's Fastest Bagger!   Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:45 pm

So - that would be a collective no?
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto

PostSubject: Re: New from Aprilia! The World's Fastest Bagger!   Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:00 pm

I reckon, good on him.
Probably will run the most expensive track tyres to go touring as well.
But hey if you've got the cash.
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: New from Aprilia! The World's Fastest Bagger!   Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:12 pm

A few weeks ago I towed a 70yo gentleman 600k home after his 30yo Yamaha shit the gearbox. He had almost completed a 4 week ride around Australia, that's 14,000 +km with shortcuts.
His two octogenarian mates rode their 1939 Vincents .............. whatever floats ya boat.

This ride is on my bucket list, Goldwing/1200RT/Norge or something similar would be more to my taste. I favour the BMW coz they have free roadside assist, but then again, the Honda or Guzzi wouldn't need it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: New from Aprilia! The World's Fastest Bagger!   Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:30 pm

My Mate Peter from Townsville and myself are planning to do a 'Figure of eight' in 2017. He'll be on his Sport 1200 8V, I'll be Grisoing it unless the bod refuses to let me. Yeah, yeah, small fuel tank, blah, blah, blah! That's what fuel bladders are for!

Pete
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: New from Aprilia! The World's Fastest Bagger!   Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:09 pm

The Bella would do it comfortably, even more so with a 22L tank (is yours plastic or metal?). I believe the longest distance between fuel stops on the way around is 160k or 190k. I had no trouble with fuel, but then I did have near a 400k range. In the less populated areas, I found I'd fill up at around 100-200k intervals. Grab it when you can.

I had NRMA Premium Care, but I did find out that NRMA in WA was less than helpful anywhere outside Perth itself. They were completely disinterested when my luggage rack collapsed outside Carnarvon. No assistance, no advice, no contacts, not even sympathy. Just blew me off. The locals confirmed that this was usual practice.
Back to top Go down
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato

PostSubject: Re: New from Aprilia! The World's Fastest Bagger!   Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:46 am

Idaho... scratch

Russel Day-Long makes an abomination for a RSV4 too?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
http://www.grisoghetto.com
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: New from Aprilia! The World's Fastest Bagger!   Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:20 pm

I remember a bad ass Yamaha bike - the FJ1200
One ass-hauling "sport-touring" bike with the accent on the sport.
Looks like this RSV4 is taking that idea and blasting the living hell out of it.
I like it.

DM
Back to top Go down
GNORTS
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: New from Aprilia! The World's Fastest Bagger!   Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:21 pm

Excusez-moi for dredging up all these old threads, but I'm still getting caught up.

What he really needs to get his high-dollar piece of high-speed jewelry out there to the best twisties:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New from Aprilia! The World's Fastest Bagger!   Today at 4:18 pm

Back to top Go down

New from Aprilia! The World's Fastest Bagger!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: