12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Well that's a king sized pain in the arse!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Well that's a king sized pain in the arse!   Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:15 pm

Looks like I may be homeless before Christmas! No, not me per-se but my business.

My biz is very small, I have workshop space in one of the car shops in town and by a trade-off for service I pay no rent. Unfortunately the car shop may be closing its doors soon which will leave me high and dry. I don't have enough work to run a full time business paying rent etc. dunno what I'll do if push comes to shove? Shut the doors and go work for someone else I suppose. That will suck! Rolling Eyes

Pete
Back to top Go down
Cereal KLR
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a king sized pain in the arse!   Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:33 pm

Sorry to hear your might lose your spot, know nothing of the area so cannot even start to suggest a workaround.

My kettle is in the same fire unfortunately. Found out the building I have worked at 15 years is sold and they "may" keep me on, should know by end of December...

Well Merry Fuckin Christmas to us then!
Back to top Go down
wardentm
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a king sized pain in the arse!   Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:18 pm

Bummer Pete
What else can I say !!!
Hope it all turns out ok for you
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a king sized pain in the arse!   Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:36 pm

I have a place -- the Moto Grappa in Cross Junction -- for you, tho the commute would be a killer. OTOH, includes room & board if you want to just go home every few months. Wink

Seriously, Pete, sorry to hear that. Best wishes for a solution that does not include "employment" by someone other than yourself.

Bill

Back to top Go down
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a king sized pain in the arse!   Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:41 pm

Can you build a serviceable shed/workshop on your home property?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
http://www.grisoghetto.com
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a king sized pain in the arse!   Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:40 pm

Pete, apart from the above-mentioned solutions, I have thought of these, however unpalatable they may be:
- A shed somewhere local;
- A shed in/around Tarago;
- Should always be something in Goulburn (and now I wash my mouth out with Solvol);
- Or even Cantberra (twice washed out)!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a king sized pain in the arse!   Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:03 pm

Thats a pretty good workshop Pete , with a large patch of land out the back too. Any chance you could purchase the property and then Rent half out ? It would have to be worth something to sell down the track, an Investment ???
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a king sized pain in the arse!   Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:46 am

I moved my shop close to my house (1.8 mile) from the other side of town and while it was a great move strategically and logistically, I still haven't fully recovered after 3 years due to not only the cost of moving a body shop but losing 70% of my customer base.
Rebuilding that 70% is a biatch...

I hope that you will fare better than I and like Steak suggested, raising a small metal building on your own property is not a huge investment.
Well in the US anyway...

Hope you the best Pete.
Back to top Go down
klaas123
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a king sized pain in the arse!   Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:47 am

Hope you find a solution in time Pete
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a king sized pain in the arse!   Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:42 pm

Pete, crowd-fund a new workshop near to you - some have done this and done very, very well.
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a king sized pain in the arse!   Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:49 pm

I remember you contemplating a career change recently.
One door closes and another door opens ......................................

Beware the revolving door
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a king sized pain in the arse!   Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:01 pm

Can't work from home, I live in an area that is zoned residential, not, commercial. Big fines etc. if I get caught working from home.

It's early days yet. We'll see what happens.

Pete
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a king sized pain in the arse!   Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:41 am

Well, go live in a shed. I did.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a king sized pain in the arse!   Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:14 am

Even if I wanted to Wayne I think Jude might be less than happy. Tot that she's a show pony or incredibly demanding. Just that she's done the hard yards of living in sheds and no longer feels the 'Thril'. Nah. Neither do I. We are just too petit bourgeois to want to go backl! Very Happy

Peye
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a king sized pain in the arse!   Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:45 am

I will admit living in a shed probably precludes me from a serious relationship,
might be part of my self preservation/coping mechanism.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a king sized pain in the arse!   Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:40 pm

Ahhhh, zoning...what a wonderful thing.
Come to America!!!! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well that's a king sized pain in the arse!   Today at 1:54 am

Back to top Go down

Well that's a king sized pain in the arse!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: