12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Verily! The turd has landed!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
keenerkeen07
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:49 pm

I for one do not mind that the GRiSO is on the out.
Makes them more exclusive and desirable down the road I would say.
IMO its a one off and probably one of the best looking Guzzis ever and what they offer as a motorcycle is pretty special as we all know,if it goes away completely so be it..
Now if i can just find a 93 1000s in green to go with it , my Guzzi fix is complete.Like a Star @ heaven

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:25 pm

It gets worse! They're offering 'Lifestyle Packages' including one called 'Lady Guzzi'! How extraordinarily nauseating! It's this sort of patronising wank that will cause me to have a stroke one day! It's 2015 fer fucks sakes, not 1950!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:27 pm

Alas it seems as though PIAGGIO is positioning the MOTO GUZZI marque to become the Royal Enfield of Italian motorbikes...

Hold on to your GRiSOs!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
http://www.grisoghetto.com
wardentm
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:33 pm

Hang on Steak, don't knock Royal Enfield, some of us have feelings !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:51 pm

Fuck, I want to buy a bunch of big block CARC bikes. Looks like it's all over. Sad
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:54 pm

opc wrote:
I'm generally indifferent to it.  It's milquetoast; it'll blend in (and underperform) with most of the other standards..  Which is ok because I'm not the target demographic, anyway.  I don't think any of us in the Ghetto are.  If this is what Piaggio thinks is going to keep the brand alive, then go for it.  Maybe it will provide enough revenue to let them create a Son-of-GRiSO at a later date, who knows?

Luckily, I'm not in the market for a new bike (my beastie is only a '14) or I'd be looking hard at Aprilia Tuonos and Ducati Monsters.  Nothing in the '16 Guzzi lineup speaks to me.

I agree nothing in the 2016 lineup works for me as well , and if this is what Guzzi/ Piaggio has come up with than so be it .
But I do think there are some great bikes coming in the future , and revival of some of the marks that attributed to Guzzi in the past would be marketing number 1
This current crop is driven by sales , and I would think to draw mostly new customers to the brand , its all about the market and currently Guzzi needs to establish themselves , the V7  has done well and at the other end the 1400 is selling as well taking sales from HD.
The GRiSO I think will return as well as variants of the Lemans etc , all with newer motors based on the 8 valve 1200 with higher performance than current , and there would be a market generated by many new riders as well as some old .
I would bet that the average age of a Guzzi rider is 45 years maybe a bit higher , they need to create market share for those that have never been of the faithful..because the faithful will eventually just die off .
The Good stuff will come , but they have to build a bridge to it IMO

Last edited by keenerkeen07 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:48 pm

Well, here's an optimist^^^^^^^^^^^.
Good on you Keener for such a strong faith. lol
I will dearly hold on to my GRiSO...
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:05 pm

Grisonut wrote:
Well, here's an optimist^^^^^^^^^^^.
Good on you Keener for such a strong faith. lol
I will dearly hold on to my GRiSO...

well a optimist perhaps  but i think that any company that could build what they have in the past and certainly what they have built in the GRiSO is very capable of more.
Guzzi when it comes down to it is in a unique position, more than most any other mfg.
Their bikes have been sold on character , ease of maintenance , handling and longevity , the V7 and probably the V9 are not high performance motorcycles , they were never meant to be ,they are sold to a price point that most can afford .
They are ok but not class leading motorcycles  for the most part they are what Guzzi does and they offer reliable fun bikes that for many is all they need especially those that are new to bikes and short on funds.
Other mfg have their versions of the V7/V9   most have a higher degree of performance but sales wise they are on par or slightly ahead of what Guzzi has to offer, the Ducati Scrambler is selling very strong and no matter what we may think of it , Ducati is drawing more riders to its brand.. they have to as well.
Guzzi has embraced this important market with many variations on the V7 and now the V9 , they are designed by style and purpose to sell .
i wouldn't buy one and neither would most on this site, our market share is the big blocks and we can afford the price that comes with them . Forty five years ago i had to buy entry level motorcycles the funds were just not there.
Guzzi will build bikes like the GRiSO and more to create a market for those that will want to step up and stay with the brand .
if they do not do so they will die.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:12 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
It gets worse! They're offering 'Lifestyle Packages' including one called 'Lady Guzzi'! How extraordinarily nauseating! It's this sort of patronising wank that will cause me to have a stroke one day! It's 2015 fer fucks sakes, not 1950!

Pete

So it sounds to me like you are describing what Harley does and how they do it.
Which is very admirable in one way - It is ASTOUDING how much money Harley can make selling such and underperforming and outdated machine. Harley marketing and advertising is some of the Best in the World!!

DM
Back to top Go down
pokeyjoe
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:31 pm

If they needed a V9, why didn't they slap ABS on the Bellagio and offer that to the world?
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:10 am

pokeyjoe wrote:
If they needed a V9, why didn't they slap ABS on the Bellagio and offer that to the world?

This.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:52 am

DungeonMaster wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:

Pete

So it sounds to me like you are describing what Harley does and how they do it.
Which is very admirable in one way - It is ASTOUDING how much money Harley can make selling such and underperforming and outdated machine. Harley marketing and advertising is some of the Best in the World!!

DM

Yes best marketing and advertising , but HD sales are way down which is huge..the reason is mostly that people have finally figured out that they can spend the same money or less on other motorcycles that offer so much more.
Victory/ Polaris has captured large  market share from HD and I would bet the Guzzi Cali 1400 has taken some sales as well..
Harley has tried to capture new riders with its  weak and poorly reviewed  500 and 750 off shore twins but no go.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by keenerkeen07 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:18 am

Yeah, but 'Lady Guzzi'? That really made my gorge rise. I haven't dared show it to Jude, she'd be disgusted!

If it was simply suggested that they were working on ergonomics to meet all their customers wishes? Fine! But 'Lady Guzzi!' Sorry, I've repeated myself but I just can't believe how bad that is!

We all have physical limitations, I find my physical abilities shrinking all the time, it's called getting old! But one's sex had fuck-all to do with it! Look at Jacqui, Doug's better half, she's no Amazon but has no problem punting her 1200 GRiSO hither and yon. Sure she'd have problems picking the fucker up if it falls over, believe me, so do I but I not need some sort of orchestrated encouragement of inferiority and feebleness justify the fact I'm a fat old dag. Nor do women, who generally are not as physically strong, need to be wooed by campaigns targeting their potential weaknesses be they physical or, as is more the case here, culturally. The message seems to be 'We've made pretty girly bikes, be grateful you miserable bimbos!' That isn't the 'Sexual Equality' Jude spent her life working towards and sometimes fighting for and if it's the Piaggio corporate philosophy they can go fuck themselves with a rusty star picket!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Street
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:44 am

Hear, hear! My Esther manages just fine too, thank you very much. And she eschews diamonds which means more bikes in the garage for the both of us!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:21 pm

pokeyjoe wrote:

The 2V big block is dead.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:53 pm

Mine's not - still going well...
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:01 pm

beetle wrote:
pokeyjoe wrote:

The 2V big block is dead.

but never forgotten .................................
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:30 am

Wouldn't be surprised if Piaggio kill Guzzi alltogether in a few years... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
wardentm
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:20 pm

Surly not, would they ?
Is the brand still profitable ?
Back to top Go down
KevinEmpire
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:33 pm

Cycle world has the official specs today in this article: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Looks like they did go away from the Heron style head to a more typical 'hemi' style chamber. But the performance numbers are 55 horsepower at 6200 rpm and 48 lb-ft at 3000. Which is pretty dismal for an 850 twin, in my opinion...

As a point of comparison, the outgoing air cooled 865 twin in the Triumph Bonneville family makes 68 horsepower and about 55 lb-ft of torque.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:27 pm

Dismal indeed. It makes no sense at all.  confused
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:14 pm

You could make the same argument against the 8V. 100RWHP out of a 1200cc twin is pretty abysmal by current standards.

In itself this is a problem because most people still tend to equate 'Power' to swept volume and also outright power to *Enjoymet* of a bike. Nowhere is this truer than with the Hardley-Rideable crew who obsess about power figures more than yer average sports bike rider! Very Happy

While I'm disappointed that the new V9 is still an OHV shitter with only two valves per pot what really, really shits me is the fact that in the interests of appearance they have stuck with a crappy, ultra-short travel, twin shock swingarm and a goofy twin cradle frame with the whole lot suspended by things not much more sophisticated than bonnet struts on a Daewoo!

A decent set of adjustable USD forks and a cantilever rear end, not even a rising rate one, as used on my Mana or the Shiver and you'd have something that would be built to work like a modern motorbike! Instead we get yet another tired old rehash aimed at a 'Retro' market made up of people who weren't even born when the first smallblocks rolled off the old Mini production line in Innoccenti!

And the names! Pass the bucket! It's embarrassing.

It's lack of power is the least of its problems in my book.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Cereal KLR
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:16 pm

I showed the pics to a friend that bought a V7 last year. She had picked that model after trying a bonneville and sportster base model 883. She felt the Guzzi was easier to launch and ride with weight lower down. Low rpm torque is a new riders friend and the V9 specs out close to other offerings but out of the hunt hp wise. As usual with any bike owner she thought hers looked better but could see where a performance bump would be a good thing.

The entry and middle weight nakeds are hot right now and getting hotter. They will sell these if priced right.
Back to top Go down
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:13 am

Just for your information: there was none 1200 8V bike at the Guzzi stand at the EICMA. No Norge, no Stelvio - just Stornello, Roamer, Bobber, the 1400 cruiser and some custom bikes (Guzzi Garage).

Seems that we have to hope and pray for next years INTERMOT.

Sven
Back to top Go down
KevinEmpire
Tanabuso
Tanabuso

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:18 am

That worries me. I was hoping for a new/updated Norge/Stelvio/GRiSO based on the california 1400 engine/electronics.

Especially on the norge and stelvio, crusie control and the ride modes and all that seem like a no brainer good idea to me. And heck while we're robbing the parts bin, why not give the stelvio ADD dynamic suspension from the Caponord. I mean they've already done the R&D, how hard can it be to apply to some other models?

But maybe I've just drank too much whiskey tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Verily! The turd has landed!   Today at 1:51 am

Back to top Go down

Verily! The turd has landed!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: