GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Recommended Bar End Mirrors?

Go down 
+15
H-E-ROSS
Oz1200Guzzi
supersubby
Grisonut
Ralf z
MalG
waterbottle
HLMiskelly
keenerkeen07
Pete Roper
Converted Duc
Wet Coaster
Daves-i-Know
beetle
Primitial
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Primitial
Carlotto
Carlotto
Primitial

Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Empty
PostSubject: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:54 pm

Anyone have any recommended bar end mirrors they have had success with? The Rizoma Rizoma Spy R in Black are pretty much exactly what i'm looking for but carry a hefty price tag for two of them.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:15 pm

$18 dollar specials from eBay. CLICKY. Now on special at $16.

I'll post some pics later.

They're surprisingly good quality. I can still see my left elbow whilst riding, so I've ordered some 'concealed' bar ends.

Pic: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Screwed them into the bar end adapters.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!

Last edited by beetle on Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:19 am

I ordered  exactly the same Spy R's from AF1, and used them for the past three years. Although I

liked the look of the mirrors, I found that the actual field of vision was mediocre at best. I knew they

were never going to offer the rabbit ears coverage, but the aesthetic was nice. I also found that

when maneuvering in tight spots I would nudge the mirror sometimes and need to reset it.

If I had it to do again, I would probably go for the CRG Hindsight or Blindside mirrors.

They are cheaper, lower profile, and offer arguably better sight lines.

they are here [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The one good thing owning the bar end mirrors brought me, was that it conditioned me to shoulder check constantly !
Back to top Go down
Wet Coaster
Carlotto
Carlotto
Wet Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:28 am

I've got the CRG Arrows on mine and they serve me pretty well.  I like that they are wide and not round, it gives me a bit more angle to see into the blind spot. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:17 am

Mine are like Beetles (diff shape but same connection) and while I like them they feel a little light with resulting vibes through bars. Not sure if i will keep them on. i found that I could not get the internal fittings to fit in the bars so screwed them in as well.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:46 am

I know they look cool as all get-out but bar ends have never worked for me. I'm quite happy with the 'Prillas/1200 Sport antennae.
Back to top Go down
Primitial
Carlotto
Carlotto
Primitial

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:13 am

Beetle's are the smart route but those arrows are beautiful Very Happy

Thanks for the input guys, I have until payday to decide..
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:59 pm

[quote="Daves-i-Know
The one good thing owning the bar end mirrors brought me, was that it conditioned me to shoulder check constantly ![/quote]

Daves-i-know ..........just wondering why you would shoulder check for any reason ?

I set my mirrors up like this vid for my Truck         [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
works slick no blind spots ...

as for my bikes I have bar ends , and by setting them in a similar fashion ( less ) I have no blind spots as well
therefore no reason to take my eyes off the road by shoulder checking..
Most bikes do not have blind spots to start with ..
Shoulder checking should be banned and in some places its been taken out of code as in not required ..
Sorry if I sound like your Granny ...but this  worked great for me .. just saying
Back to top Go down
HLMiskelly
Carlotto
Carlotto
HLMiskelly

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:41 pm

I picked up a pair of Benelli Streetfighter bar end mirrors on EBay for my FZ8, but I do believe the curved form of the mirrors would be perfect for the GRiSO.  

This coming weekend I'll swap them from the FZ8 to the GRiSO to see how they look.  But I feel that the handlebar on the GRiSO is already wide and would just be wider with bar ends.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:40 pm

I was resistant to go bar ends, but when I went full radial master cylinder I decided to give it a try as the Brembo mirror stem adapters didn't work for me. As it turns out, I'm now a fan because of one surprising benefit: no buffeting. When I was playing with the mirror stem adapters, I reinstalled the Aprilia mirrors I bought early on in GRiSO ownership, and the buffeting was very noticeable by comparison. Bar end mirrors are now staying on my GRiSO.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:25 pm

That Buffeting shits me. I've noticed when I stand up for a stretch of the legs...... No buffeting, thought it was coming from the cheap screen ?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:48 pm

Try bar ends Ron. Join us....

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:47 pm

One of us , one of us affraid
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:01 pm

If any of you end up with CRG mirrors, Bevel Heaven is one vendor that actually sells the mirror AND all the spare parts for them.

Note that the HS mirrors are concave, so there is the matter of re-learning to judge distances with them.
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:58 pm

I've had bar ends from day one,
Brand are barracuda.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:38 am

Ralf z wrote:
Same here...makes sense to me.
I don't care much for looking at my shoulders.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:50 am

Grisonut wrote:
Ralf z wrote:
Same here...makes sense to me.
I don't care much for looking at my shoulders.

Ive put bar ends on most all of my bikes , if they are set up proper and of decent quality they are better than stock anyday IMO
Like Beetle said ...way less buffeting.. and I think much better field of view , plus they clean up the look of a bike I think.
Some stock mirrors are fricken ugly Razz
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:06 pm

Just a side note,
Police had a "we hate motorcyclist weekend"
Three weeks ago on a popular bike road in my home town,
Charging people with Bar end mirrors.
Also slowing down traffic to 30 kph pulling over to the side and letting you go pass.
Meanwhile recording you cross or touch double un broken lines,
Then the other part of the operation was to pull you over at the top of the pass to tell you what there going to charge you with.

That road was Macquarie pass for people who know the road.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:05 pm

Bar end mirrors aren't illegal. They can't book you for having bar ends, provided they meet the legal requirements.

Specifically, for the GRiSO, you must have two mirrors. They can't protrude more than 150mm from the widest part of the bike. They must have a minimum reflecting area of 80cm square for flat mirrors and 64.5cm square for curved mirrors.

Also, if they were illegal in NSW, all Thruxton riders would be fucked.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:36 pm

Yep, I agree with you mark.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:14 pm

Ralf z wrote:
Just a side note,
Police had a "we hate motorcyclist weekend"

Also slowing down traffic to 30 kph pulling over to the side and letting you go pass.
Meanwhile recording you cross or touch double un broken lines,
Then the other part of the operation was to pull you over at the top of the pass to tell you what there going to charge you with.

That road was Macquarie pass for people who know the road.

They tried it on the Old Pac Hwy a couple of times last year - I believe it got thrown out of court & police were reprimanded for "entrapment". But then, they MAY have refined their technique to get around that. Or not.
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:35 am

keenerkeen07 wrote:

Daves-i-know ..........just wondering why you would shoulder check for any reason ? ....

....Sorry if I sound like your Granny ...but this  worked great for me .. just saying

I thought when I mentioned that 'the field of vision was mediocre at best" I kind of explained that.

And I would like to put it to vote on the Ghetto. By a show of hands, who would like to eliminate

the phrase "just saying", and it's punk little brother, "just sayin" Cool , from further use on the forum? I think its run its course and now should die a natural death.

And rather than a long, slow, drawn out demise that is too painful for Ghetto family members to watch,  just a simple pull of the plug.

I think it would be the kind and compassionate thing to do.... Just sayin' Smile
Back to top Go down
supersubby
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
supersubby

PostSubject: Bar end mirrors i fitted   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:08 pm

I have just tried and fitted these two types, the first were embarrassingly cheap at £10 off of ebay

The clutch lever would actually hit the mirror stem when pulled in

the second set were £50

I have now changed back to the standard mirrors as I found it to much of a compromise (for me) having the bar end mirrors
Back to top Go down
http://www.igbsecurity.co.uk
Primitial
Carlotto
Carlotto
Primitial

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:20 pm

The last two pics are inadvertently selling me on the Rizoma's :O

Looks so good..
Back to top Go down
Wet Coaster
Carlotto
Carlotto
Wet Coaster

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:44 am

Full disclosure, even though I mounted the CRG Arrow bar ends, I found the field of view too small. So I added back some Aprilia Mirrors. Some say it looks goofy, I refer them to Quadrophenia.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recommended Bar End Mirrors?   Recommended Bar End Mirrors? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Recommended Bar End Mirrors?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next