GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Front wheel question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fishbulb
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
fishbulb

Front wheel question Empty
PostSubject: Front wheel question   Front wheel question Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:14 am

Gents,
I'm installing new rubber and assumed there would be an arrow somewhere on the front wheel or disc carrier for direction of rotation, didn't find one.
I seem to remember the right angle tire valve stem pointed to the right side of the bike which is my only reference now that I didn't mark the wheel on removal.
Am I correct about this? The spacer and axle have the same OD so it looks possible to mount the wheel either way. Don't want to have to mount the tire twice.
Thanks for your help.

Tod
Back to top Go down
little750
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
little750

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel question   Front wheel question Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:02 pm

If it is any help mine point to the right on both wheels.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel question   Front wheel question Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:25 pm

Right.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel question   Front wheel question Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:49 pm

Spoked wheels are unidirectional. As long as the rim is not offset from centre.
It is only non symmetrical cast/forged wheels that are meant to be mono directional.
The outer ends of the spokes are meant to be trailing.
Back to top Go down
fishbulb
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
fishbulb

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel question   Front wheel question Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:21 am

Thanks guys. New Pirellis installed. It did look symmetrical to me but may as well have the valve pointed right for checking pressure on the side stand.
tod
Back to top Go down
Svartipants
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Svartipants

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel question   Front wheel question Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:18 pm

I just put new shoes on my SE GRiSO, and had to wonder if an earlier wrench-monkey mounted the tire+wheel correctly; did I just ride 8000 miles with the front wheel on backwards???  The exploded view of the spoked SE wheelset has the spacer (#13) inside the L-fork, but I took the wheel off with the spacer on the R-side.  That matches the shop manual and exploded view of the cast aluminium wheelsets - they have the spacer (#9) inside of the R-fork.

I tried remounting the wheel with the spacer inside the L-fork; it won't work - the axle is machined with a ridge that snugs up against the L-bearing. I've remounted the wheel with the spacer on the R-side. Seems to work... but a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
JC_Guz89
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
JC_Guz89

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel question   Front wheel question Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:14 am

I also have this same question about the spacer. Can anyone confirm please?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Front wheel question   Front wheel question Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Front wheel question
Page 1 of 1