GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
voulga77
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
voulga77

Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?  Empty
PostSubject: Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?    Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?  Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:18 am

Hello, has anybody tried Hyperpro springs?

I am thinking about trying the fork springs on my B11.

On the rear I have stock shock revalved wearing an Ohlins spring. What if I swap the Ohlins spring for a Hyperpro? Would it worth it?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?    Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?  Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:24 pm

A spring is a spring is a spring. Only difference is the spring rate, if you have the correct rate for your weight, then swapping will be a waste of time mate.

There are linear (constant) rate springs and progressive rated springs.
Progressive are favoured by those looking for comfort, linear is better for handling.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?    Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?  Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:09 pm

I believe (now that is a get out of jail free card should things go wrong) that the Hyperpro form springs are progressive, and come with their "special" oil. people who done this claim the handling and ride is most excellent. However, I have the standard springs in mine and find the correct weight oil AND the correct amount of oil in each fork leg, makes a huge difference.

It's worth trying the oil change in the fork legs before shelling out for the Hyperpros.

I use a 5 weight fork oil from Penrite (Good Australian stuff). 380 ml in each leg gives a soft ride; 390 ml gives a firmer ride; 400 ml gives a "solid" ride.

I recently refilled my forks with the recommended with this oil but mis-remembered the correct amount - I put in 490 ml in each leg - high speed, good surface all is good; rough stuff, way way too hard. Going back to the correct amount over the Christmas break (yeah I didn't use the "holidays" word), along with a few other maintenance things. Double demerits - I fart in your general direction...
Back to top Go down
voulga77
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
voulga77

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?    Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?  Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:19 pm

Never imagined 10ml up or down could make such difference. I should definitely try that.
My fork is damper rod type, it need thick oil to work.
I am using WP 10 high is 48 cSt but it's still underdamped. Going to try 64 cSt, mixing Silkolene Rsf 7,5 and 15.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?    Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?  Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:42 pm

Not thick oil, the right amount of oil. Start at 380 ml per leg and add 10 ml through the caps after a few test runs. Repeat this process until you are happy. I assume you have the same forks as on the Sport with Compression on the L/H side and rebound on the right?
Back to top Go down
voulga77
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
voulga77

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?    Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?  Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:56 am

Hi TOny,
the 1200s fork is cartridge type, the B11's is a damper rod type, basic as dirt, only preload adjustment. I have a set of cartridge emulators installed which make if 50% cartridge :-)
Still needs thick oil to work properly.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?    Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?  Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:54 pm

Yeah OK, I apologise for sticking my nose in when I know nothing, as Schultz said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?    Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?  Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:29 pm

In that case, just use any old 20w/50 left over from your last oil change.
Worked a treat on my SV650, still banged and bounced on the bumps, just to a lesser degree.
Back to top Go down
voulga77
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
voulga77

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?    Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:29 am

I am waiting for the Silkolene.
If that won't work, I'll stuff the fork with some greek extra virgin olive oil Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?    Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:05 am

Didn't know there were any virgins left.
Back to top Go down
voulga77
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
voulga77

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?    Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?  Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:35 am

Yeah, they grow on trees Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?    Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hyperpro springs - Any experiences with?
Page 1 of 1