GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

My Brother Hits the Road: Literally

Go down 
+10
Blue
Street
Grisonut
Oz1200Guzzi
wardentm
Pete Roper
beetle
waterbottle
LBC Tenni
Bill Hagan
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

My Brother Hits the Road: Literally Empty
PostSubject: My Brother Hits the Road: Literally   My Brother Hits the Road: Literally Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:57 am

My brother, Michael, crashed yesterday.  He is "OK," but in surgery for a seriously busted leg as I peck out this post.

Had just had his Norge serviced -- actually, a post-service warranty fix for a faulty neutral light switch.

Left Riders Hill and headed home.

T'was not to be.

After 75-mile ride, and within mile or so of his home, he was traveling on residential street.  Woman in minivan came to stop at intersection, then eased forward, then came into Michael's path.  He swerved, hit curb, then granite wall.  

Here are some pix: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Best viewed in "full screen."

Will keep you posted.  I'm heading over to hospital shortly to time with his returning to "reality."  Believe all well now, tho he was in considerable pain last night, eased , of course, at last, by "the good stuff."

Bill
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: My Brother Hits the Road: Literally   My Brother Hits the Road: Literally Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:37 am

Not another one! Glad it's not worse and he's in good spirits. I hope the surgery goes well and he's back in the saddle soon. The holidays are always the riskiest season for riding, but this year is proving to be a real bastard. Watch for distracted/drunk drivers everyone and be safe.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: My Brother Hits the Road: Literally   My Brother Hits the Road: Literally Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:20 am

Shit Bill , crazy people out there this season. I see he had a camera on the front of the bike, any footage of the event, is it likely that the van driver's insurance will cover repairs to both Brother and bike ?
Speedy recovery Mick
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: My Brother Hits the Road: Literally   My Brother Hits the Road: Literally Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:25 pm

What is going on? Have the Gods suddenly taken a dislike to Guzzi riders?

Wish him a quick recovery from Beetle Clan.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: My Brother Hits the Road: Literally   My Brother Hits the Road: Literally Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:30 pm

It does seem a bit insane doesn't it? I've never been on a board where there have been so many simultaneous get-offs!

Be careful out there.

Pete
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: My Brother Hits the Road: Literally   My Brother Hits the Road: Literally Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:39 pm

F...k,
Why arn't car drivers seeing is ???
What can we do ?
Do we just park up our bikes ?, NO
I wear a hi viz vest over my leather jacket and have a white crash hat, my kids call me postman pop !and take the piss but I just shrug it off.

Please all, take some 'extra' care, and stay safe over this Christmas period.
Bill, please pass on to Michael our wishes for a speedy recovery.
Merry Chrismas all
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: My Brother Hits the Road: Literally   My Brother Hits the Road: Literally Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:50 pm

Bummer Bill. Looks as though he's ready to get back on the horse though - GOOD!

What happened with the initiator of this incident? Did she hung, drawn and quartered?
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: My Brother Hits the Road: Literally   My Brother Hits the Road: Literally Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:50 pm

beetle wrote:
What is going on? Have the Gods suddenly taken a dislike to Guzzi riders?

Seems that way...
Actually, Piaggio is doing some Voodoo shit on us. lol
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: My Brother Hits the Road: Literally   My Brother Hits the Road: Literally Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:19 pm

FUCK! He got hurt a lot worse than I did - please send him best wishes from the left coast, Bill.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: My Brother Hits the Road: Literally   My Brother Hits the Road: Literally Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:51 am

Shit I hope it's the last we hear for a loooong time...
I'm still not back to work yet and that hurts me more than the pain in my ribs.
On a good note, I was able to ride my 07 G for a couple of miles yesterday...Shoulder was fine but every bumps on the road made it hard on them ribs so it will be another couple of weeks before I can ride comfortably.
I'm still lucky to not be more fucked up with broken bones and all, it was a hard fall...
I hope that all my fallen fellow riders will recoup fast.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: My Brother Hits the Road: Literally   My Brother Hits the Road: Literally Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:41 am

So sorry to hear this. Hope all goes well with healing and recovery. Also that his mind recovers positively as we all know it does make you have a good think about everything and you can spend ages recounting the accident.
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: My Brother Hits the Road: Literally   My Brother Hits the Road: Literally Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:22 am

Gee Bill...I hope your brother has a speedy recovery. I can't believe all the accidents being reported here and maybe it is a sign we will be "safer" when autonomous cars are a reality. Luckily, I mainly have to worry about deer trying to run me down...doesn't matter if I'm on my GRiSO, driving the truck or car. STAY SAFE OUT THERE!!!!
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: My Brother Hits the Road: Literally   My Brother Hits the Road: Literally Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:51 am

Wishing a speedy recovery, I broke my Tibia and Fibia years ago all i remember where the drugs were good in hospital Smile
Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: My Brother Hits the Road: Literally   My Brother Hits the Road: Literally Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:05 am

4 Fks Saik, I thought flying was iffy.
Is this the GRiSO ghetto or get off.
Get well you guys and NO more! OK.
Back to top Go down
GNORTS
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
GNORTS

PostSubject: Re: My Brother Hits the Road: Literally   My Brother Hits the Road: Literally Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:29 am

wardentm wrote:
F...k,
Why arn't car drivers seeing is ???
What can we do ?
Do we just park up our bikes ?, NO
I wear a hi viz vest over my leather jacket and have a white crash hat, my kids call me postman pop !and take the piss but I just shrug it off.

Please all, take some 'extra' care, and stay safe over this Christmas period.
Bill, please pass on to Michael our wishes for a speedy recovery.
Merry Chrismas all

I had a brown-shorts near miss in downtown Seattle not long after I got the G a few years ago, when a girl did a left (no signal of course) about 20 ft in front of me.  Sounds a lot like what happened to you, Pete, only the street was dry in my case, and I managed to remember my MSF training and didn't lock up the rear tire.  Missed her by inches, and she just kept going, totally oblivious.

When I got home, i loosened the pivot bolts on the headlight and tilted it up.  Now, when high beam is on (all the time) the light hits oncoming traffic right in the windshield.  I don't ride at night, so I'm not blinding anybody.  Even in daylight, I often get oncoming cars flashing their lights at me.  I'm like, "Fuck you.  I don't care if you're irritated.  At least you see me."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Brother Hits the Road: Literally   My Brother Hits the Road: Literally Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

My Brother Hits the Road: Literally
Page 1 of 1