GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

To Screen or not to scene, that is the question

Go down 
+21
grisorosso
garyclem
plantboy
Scot p
tocino
mark111
WCB
drdezmo
ginkgo
NorthBayGriso
89millegt
sgw01
DungeonMaster
Uzidzit
Pete Roper
Cage Free
wittangamo
Grisonut
Steak
beetle
Oca
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:40 am

DungeonMaster wrote:
I want something like the bottom pic ( of the Suzuki ) to blow wind out past my hands.
So I am going to cruise thru the AF1 catalog and present it to my wife.

DM

Just a heads up on that national f15, they are very thin and fluttery

One of Charley's scout screens, you can make them quick detach, and have differnt height and width screens for the season.  Tinted or not

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:38 pm

Uzidzit wrote:
If you want functional, cannot beat parabellum.... maybe not the sexyiest...but they can be mounted for easy removal if ya want
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sorry for no better picture, but Charley is the man behind the old vetter and rifle streamliners.    Give Charly a call he is a great guy.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:40 pm

DungeonMaster wrote:
I want something like the bottom pic ( of the Suzuki ) to blow wind out past my hands.
So I am going to cruise thru the AF1 catalog and present it to my wife.

Screen.
Falco bars.
luggage rack
rumbly muffler
tail tidy!!!!!!!

DM

I have a tail tidy I can send you for cheap...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Back to top Go down
sgw01
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
sgw01

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:52 pm

I have the MG fly screen, I've just done a google search for the Givi A770 and it seems that Colemans Suzuki in NZ still have them in stock, heres a link.

Back to top Go down
89millegt
Carlotto
Carlotto
89millegt

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:42 pm

wittangamo wrote:
Oca wrote:
W,  Nice photo.  The fly screen/small wind screen has been discontinued according to my sources.  There was a problem with DOT regs.

The fly screen looks great on the bike.

I will just have to check e-bay.

It was advertised as DOT compliant when I bought it a year ago. The factory flyscreen is still available if you look around.

Another option is the Dart flyscreen, shown below. Sold for V7s and Triumphs, it will fit a GRiSO by bending the mounts slightly or fudging an adapter.

Smaller and less expensive, the Dart does a good job of protecting the dash electronics from water and takes some of the wind off. Had one on my V7 Cafe and it was well-made. Here's a link:

If you plan on going with a Dart screen, the screen on that GRiSO is for a Bonneville. No bending, but there are flanged bushings to fill up the recessed area for the headlight bolts and longer bolts used. It takes some of the wind off the torso, but isn't tall enough to get the wind blast over the helmet. I know this...because its a pic of my GRiSO.  Very Happy  Thanks for posting (I was just going to add the same pic to the thread).
I tried the Dart because I knew it would be easier to get than the Guzzi screen and I could get a replacement screen if needed. Dart seems to be a great company BTW.
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:07 am

sorry I mis understood I thought we were talking about functional fairings to improve comfort, not to just keep bugs off the back of the instrument cluster, and bat your head around like a welter wt Laughing Laughing at over 45kmp
Back to top Go down
Oca
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Oca

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:55 am

Functional? Smile We are riding a GRiSO, so it's form over function.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:08 pm

Uzidzit wrote:
sorry I mis understood I thought we were talking about functional fairings to improve comfort, not to just keep bugs off the back of the instrument cluster, and bat your head around like a welter wt Laughing Laughing at over 45kmp

Just bustin' some chops...  Laughing 

Corn cobs and 'spenders, it's the way we roll.

Back to top Go down
NorthBayGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
NorthBayGriso

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:13 pm

I did a few-hour ride on an SE with the MG "http://www.motointernational.com/store/accessories/large-windshield-kit-for-grisos" and it was very nice; just over $300.

Some of the other screens mentioned here look nice, but they seem to cost even more than the MG touring screen, which was about as good as I can imagine a screen needing to be.
Back to top Go down
ginkgo
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
ginkgo

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:19 pm

Hello, newbie here from SoCal! I have the Dart flyscreen on my '13 GRiSO and it does a surprisingly good job of deflecting wind blast. It's no problem running 85mph on the freeway now.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:45 pm

ginkgo wrote:
Hello, newbie here from SoCal!  I have the Dart flyscreen on my '13 GRiSO and it does a surprisingly good job of deflecting wind blast.  It's no problem running 85mph on the freeway now.

Welcome Ginkgo,

You can't just tease us with terse prose, we need pics!  While you're at it, start a new topic in the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] section and tell us a little about yourself and show us that GRiSO.

- SD

Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:56 am

hmmmmmm, a lurker and a voyeur.
Back to top Go down
drdezmo
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
drdezmo

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:13 pm

I've tried touring on my GRiSO with several screens and no screen.  The best setup so far, for me, is the GRiSO touring screen and large Famsa tank bag.
I got the screen from Teo Lamers before Moto International started selling them.  For me, it is a good compromise between style and protection.  Plus the
large tank bag helps.  The wind hits me in the helmet and the edges of my sleeves.  I wear a full face helmet and ear plugs.  I may try the MRA clip on X screen
for longer trips next.  

Mike
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:41 pm

That looks like an interesting little widget, I might try one of those too.

I still have my HUGE, ugly 'Street Shield' that I can put on if I want to ride long distance in the winter but to be honest if I'm riding and the weather is foul the Mana makes much more sense.

It works though. Problem is of course that it just encourages licence risking speeds!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:15 am

NorthBayGriso wrote:
I did a few-hour ride on an SE with the MG "http://www.motointernational.com/store/accessories/large-windshield-kit-for-grisos" and it was very nice; just over $300.

Some of the other screens mentioned here look nice, but they seem to cost even more than the MG touring screen, which was about as good as I can imagine a screen needing to be.

Geez, lots of dough for a piece of plastic IMO.

This is what I did on the wife's G11... $75 universal retro fairing (comes black) but the challenge is to make a bracket to install it.
The head light is moved forward a bit and about 3 inches higher in order to be somewhat functional (slightly better than my Givi) and most importantly, clear the signals.
For someone that can fabricate a little, it's a great alternative...

Here's a better pic:
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:46 am

I just clicked on the twisted throttle link and that looks like a good site!!
Thanks drdezmo
Back to top Go down
NorthBayGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
NorthBayGriso

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:44 pm

Fortunately [for me, anyway] we're coming off of our winter. As things get warmer I'll enjoy the wind hitting my chest, so this is a decision I can obsess over research for a few more months...
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:04 pm

Grisonut wrote:
NorthBayGriso wrote:

Geez, lots of dough for a piece of plastic IMO.

This is what I did on the wife's G11... $75 universal retro fairing (comes black) but the challenge is to make a bracket to install it.
The head light is moved forward a bit and about 3 inches higher in order to be somewhat functional (slightly better than my Givi) and most importantly, clear the signals.
For someone that can fabricate a little, it's a great alternative...

Here's a better pic:

Good Damn googly aint seen an Enco fairing in a coons age cept in my closet,  I have a black one in my bedroom closet off one of my old gt-750s that is black with a PINK tinted windshield that screams and stomps 1978....  anybody need a GRiSO with "ROSE COLORED GLASSES" Laughing   Never would have gussed anybody would have started making them again.  (I have an old Wes Cooley on that GT now)
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:11 pm

I am actually interested in the Enco fairing but........
I want something that will blow the airflow away from my hands.

DM
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:38 pm

Batwing? pig Laughing 
Back to top Go down
NorthBayGriso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
NorthBayGriso

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:25 am

Stelvio hand guards? Worked for me...
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:40 am

DungeonMaster wrote:
I am actually interested in the Enco fairing but........
I want something that will blow the airflow away from my hands.

DM

parabellum....it also adds gas mile Laughing age
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:46 am

I found this.

$599
Back to top Go down
Uzidzit
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Uzidzit

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:44 pm

DungeonMaster wrote:
I found this.

$599

uh ya one of charlies scout fairings from page 2 of this thd...Doh! Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:46 pm

I tend to keep money I make from stuff like selling sloppage sheets and the like in my paypal account and periodically use it to treat myself to little bits of crap for my bikes. Having a few hundred in there I purchased one of those clamp on screen extenders and an iPhone mount today. I'll report back on the screen thingy when it arrives.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Screen or not to scene, that is the question   To Screen or not to scene, that is the question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

To Screen or not to scene, that is the question
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next