12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Your Favorite Helmet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:04 pm

Ah leave him alone Ron, it's the best head he's got.
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:16 pm

What! They didn't do a recall?
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
beetle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:34 pm

You have seen my head Ron, so you know I have a special needs noggin. What a Face
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:11 am

HaHa, I'll don my shity shoei tomorrow for a run to Bris.
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: My Latest Favorite Helmet   Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:33 pm

Was looking for a new helmet for use with the big orange Goose (Stelvio) and liked the look of this one,

It works good with the GRiSO too, much quieter than my old Shoei Multi-tech
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

It is actually a Caberg Duke in disguise as a Blauer,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

Going by the sizing chart a Large should be my size which fits slightly on the loose side, so I inserted some stick on foam patches I had from a Nexx helmet in the jaw area and it is nice and snug now. I was afraid that the medium would hurt around the forehead on long trips.  Out of the box it is a perfect fit for rounder shape heads.
Over all, a good value helmet at E240 and gets rated for 5 stars in the UK SHARP test.

The Orange is probably not for everyone but I like the combination of the orange with matt black.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:41 pm

I dropped into the Vozz studio in Sydney yesterday as I had a couple of hours to kill prior to seeing the cardiologist and returned my way too small helmet and got fitted with my correct size.

Can't fault them for service, they are exchanging all the Gen 1 helmets free of charge as they have made improvements to fit and finish. Still waiting for some componentry to be manufactured for the larger sizes which is a PITA but after wearing one that fitted I have to say I really do like the design.

Hopefully the big ones should arrive about the time I get back from Europe and I've been asked to go up again for a fitting as I have such a weird head, (Who'da thunk it!). Really looking forward to getting it as my poor old Shark is beginning to fall to bits!

Pete
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:44 pm

After wearing my Vozz almost every day for the past 111 days, I'm still ore than happy with it. Still comfortable, very easy & quick on & off with specs. Overcame the fogging in cold thunderstorms with the cheap universal pin locks & wear ear plugs for the wind noise. The visor is still the original first one & seems to suffer a lot less scratching than any other I've used - and I've worn it solidly since the beginning of January. A big thumbs up.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:59 pm

Vozz , one of the young fellas at lakeside recently planted the concrete barrier at the end of the main straight ( admitted he was looking at his speedo ) Had a Vozz on, not a Shiney bit left on it and a couple of cracks too. He ended up with concussion and a broken wrist Shocked bike  ( bmw go fast thing ) was a write off. I'll see if I can get a photo of his helmet. A good result for wearing a Vozz I think
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:56 am

waterbottle wrote:
Vozz , one of the young fellas at lakeside recently planted the concrete barrier at the end of the main straight ( admitted he was looking at his speedo ) Had a Vozz on, not a Shiney bit left on it and a couple of cracks too. He ended up with concussion and a broken wrist Shocked bike  ( bmw go fast thing ) was a write off. I'll see if I can get a photo of his helmet. A good result for wearing a Vozz I think

Visited the office today, & when told them about this "disagreement", they were very interested in getting hold of that crashed lid to run tests on. Much better than one dropped from a skyscraper. They'd like to speak to that fella too and were quick to offer him a new replacement helmet. Eager even. If you can get the word out, Ron, he can get in touch with Mark Bryant at Vozz 0420 763 223, or anyone else at Vozz.

The new improved replacements for those who already own one were said to be three weeks away & I was advised that the letters are on the way out to us. - new linings designed for stubble, new, softer seals, beefed up locking mechanism, air foil bumps on latches.
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:35 am

Just bought a new Shoei Neotec to replace the one I totalled back in June.

Interesting comments about Vozz...
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:36 pm

Finally talked to the Crotch Rocket Pilot, he sent me some pics of the damaged Vozz. A very lucky boy indeed. Not a bad result for leaving the track at warp factor +++. No head damage ( I think his head always looked like that ) just a concussion and a broken wrist.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:56 pm

I'd say it had earnt it's keep!
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:21 pm

Ron, concussion IS brain damage - but maybe not lasting eh?
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:44 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
I'd say it had earnt it's keep!

I agree Pete,  as soon as they manufacture in my size I'll be getting one.
Back to top Go down
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:15 pm

I bought one of these so that I could look like a real, live adventure tourer on the Stelvio.

It's the SUOMY MX Tourer, and as it turns out, it's a fantastic helmet! I've been wearing SUOMY helmets for the last 11 or 12 years, mostly because they are very lightweight, comfortable, have sharp graphics, and they are made in Italy. But this helmet is fast becoming my favorite. It's more form fitting that a standard road helmet, which takes some getting used to, but it really cuts down on the wind noise. It's got a huge faceshield which make for an enormous field of view. It's the first helmet I've had with a drop down sun visor, which is a welcome addition. Riding behind the Stelvio windscreen w/deflector, I can ride with the faceshield open and just the visor down. Quiet and cooling for sure. The pique (the overhanging visor) works well in the airstream, no extra noise or buffeting and works well when the sun starts getting low. On the plus side, if you don't like it, it can be removed with just a few screws.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
http://www.grisoghetto.com
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:56 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Ron, concussion IS brain damage - but maybe not lasting eh?

He was on a BMW so the brain damage was obviously a pre-existing condition Laughing
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:12 pm

true!
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:00 am

Picked up my FREE replacement Vozz today. Only tested today up to 80kph (on the Wakehurst Parkway) and although not completely silent, so far it seems to be significantly quieter. More later.

BTW they told me the larger sizes are due to arrive in the first week of December.

picked
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:07 am

Just a few words re wind noise: I set sail from Lismore in NSW in December 2002 and rode around Australia. I had a new flip up front helmet and wore ear plugs.
When I got back around 3 weeks later, I was 75% deaf in one ear, the doctor thinks the wind noise was responsible.
Back to top Go down
http://portertech.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=65&p=73&am
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:25 pm

That's unfortunate. Any recovery since then? I have a mate who normally wear hearing aids (half a lifetime in the music industry) & removes them when riding. Says his engine always runs sweetly.
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:18 pm

MalG wrote:
That's unfortunate. Any recovery since then? I have a mate who normally wear hearing aids (half a lifetime in the music industry) & removes them when riding. Says his engine always runs sweetly.

No, my hearing is the same, I guess the wind noise wore away the important mechanical parts.

I mentioned my hearing to highlight the the 'wind noise issue' and the damage it causes. I bought the new flip up front helmet before my round Ausie trip because it would save me pulling a helmet off to talk, in other words I bought it for new tech reasons, but now think that cool new tech should be last on the list for a new helmet.

First on the list for a new helmet should be lowest wind noise, in order to protect your hearing, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
MrBob
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: VOZZ replacement.   Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:57 pm

My VOZZ - new helmet for old - replacement arrived today.
On inspection there are quiet a few subtle changes I noticed:
Better designed rubber seals at Visor and Hinge section, small wind deflectors at the opening latches, better interior fabric used,seems to be thicker rubber on the chin cup(but maybe thats just because its unused) screw heads are now coloured black rather than s/s as before.

As a manufacturer Vozz have taken all the feed back from their customers and actually done something about it in a very short time plus I've found their customer service is second to none, Go Vozz!

Looking fwd to the helmet test run before GRiSO has the dust covers thrown on again.
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:14 pm

I've just lashed out on a new helmet, same type (different manufacturer) as the helmet that made me deaf in one ear when I rode around Australia in 2002, but the new one is rated at 84dBa and developed/tested in a wind tunnel.
Plus, unless one of you lot leave me a million $ in your will, I won't be riding around Ausie on a motorbike again.

It should arrive in a few days, Schuberth C3.

Wow, I paid for the Schberth helmet on a German web site, shipping was via DHL and cost $30 AUD. Talk about FAST shipping!

(FC-Moto ) - thank you for your order,your package was handed over to our shipping partner on 24.10.2016 12:53:42 and will surely be arriving soon.
(DHL) - Mon, 24.10.16 18:34 Köln, Germany The international shipment has been processed in the parcel center of origin
(Auspost) - Received by overseas carrier, Time & date 06:34pm Mon 24 Oct

Last edited by techman-001 on Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:48 am

Let us know how the Schuberth performs. They are supposed to be good (& quieter than most).

The updated Vozz is significantly quieter - wind noise very much reduced. With earplugs it is uncannily quiet - faint engine noise & faint wind noise in gales at speed. Most satisfactory.
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:01 am

MalG wrote:
Let us know how the Schuberth performs. They are supposed to be good (& quieter than most).

The updated Vozz is significantly quieter - wind noise very much reduced. With earplugs it is uncannily quiet - faint engine noise & faint wind noise in gales at speed. Most satisfactory.

Will do, but bear in mind my report is only worth 50% of one by somebody with two good ears  pirat

The C3 is now two versions behind, (including the C3 Pro), and discounted a fair bit for remaining old stock, mine was $530 AUD shipped from Germany, compared to the C4 which is around $1000 AUD including shipping.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Vozz does look very interesting, but is $888 AUD, not including shipping and doesn't include the one feature I can't live without now, namely a slide switch deployable interior dark lens.

My $90 Aldi helmet introduced the "drop down sunglasses " concept to me and it's now a deal breaker for any new helmet purchase I make.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Today at 4:18 pm

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite Helmet
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: