12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Well, not all bike Jurnos are Wankers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mark111
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Well, not all bike Jurnos are Wankers   Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:15 am

I think this is a pretty fair appraisal by people who obviously get it and have bothered to spend enough time to understand our bikes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Well, not all bike Jurnos are Wankers   Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:57 pm

Yes very good , but what is this "Torque reaction is severe" thing ? Did they forget to put it in my bike at the factory ? Razz
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Well, not all bike Jurnos are Wankers   Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:07 pm

Gear box being clunky??
How many other bikes did this guy rode? If there is one thing peachy about the GRiSO (or the late 6 spd box) it's the tranny.
It especially gets noticeable when I go from my 1100 to the 1200 or vice versa. The 1200 is much smother.
Although I choose not to do it due to longevity issues, I can power shift it just fine provided you're in the right RPM and you learn the timing...all bikes are a bit different in that regard as well.
Seems to me that the guy gets the GRiSO as he found out that it's basically a canyon carver type bike.
To me and when on Hooligan mode, it's a 45mph to 80mph cornering kinda bike...at those speeds, I just aim and shoot. lol and it's a 3rd and 4th gear affair there.
What a blast that engine is...
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Well, not all bike Jurnos are Wankers   Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:50 pm

Meh , I dunno ....he talks about torque reaction like its a bad thing , and he seems to find more of it than anyone else i have ever heard of ...also i guess its because i have the 1100 but , i dont find it having a difficult nature, shes a sweetheart if anything and shifting is a pleasure IMO..I am sure the 1200 is as good if not better  ...He mentions shoulder checking being difficult ...really.. why would you shoulder check with any bike if your mirrors are set up right..and why would you ride a GRiSO in traffic its meant to fly , you want a town bike buy a scooter .. at least he got the handling right but that's the easy part isn't it.
 i think he belongs on a Honda because they are perfect Razz
and yes i am a old curmudgeon...
Back to top Go down
mark111
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Well, not all bike Jurnos are Wankers   Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:30 pm

Guys,
Keep this in context, anyone who is unfamiliar with Guzzi models would feel the torque reaction and find it unusual so it is not surprising that they have mentioned it.
Gearbox comments I find unusual but who knows they may have had a press fleet bike that had been hammered so maybe it was a poor example of generally good shifter.
If you are not built like an Orangutan I can entirely understand the comments on the bars and they are easily changed so it is no biggie.
Keener I know your thoughts on shoulder checking and that is OK but I totally disagree with them, so we can agree to disagree on that.
Overall though it is a most unusual article for a Guzzi review and whoever wrote it clearly has a broader view of what is good and bad than most bike journalists.
I will try to find out how to display what I think is a truly great review of the GRiSO by an Australian guy Boris Mihalovic who was glowing in his praise of our bikes. I have it in a PDF format copied from a local bike mag so if I can work out how to upload it I will.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Well, not all bike Jurnos are Wankers   Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:48 am

Like I said, I give the guy credits for "getting" the GRiSO...
Keener...since I own both bikes, the difference between the two gear boxes is not huge but it is noticeable and it gets obvious in high RPM where shifting has to be precise.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Well, not all bike Jurnos are Wankers   Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:10 pm

Sorry Mark, only taking the piss silent
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Well, not all bike Jurnos are Wankers   Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:50 pm

ok Mark , but i did say i was an old curmudgeon ...i would say i liked the bit about the handling ...
but i was new to Guzzi b4 i got the GRiSO  and the goings on about the torque reaction never was a issue with me so i think he over reacted in regards to that..
and as far as shoulder checking goes ... the debate rages on..
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Well, not all bike Jurnos are Wankers   Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:48 pm

That guy should take a ride on the 2003 California Titanium 1100 I just got. Yes, the same motor as my GRiSO but the GRiSO is smoother and has better top end.
I do enjoy the Cali a lot but the GRiSO is one Hot Bitch.

DM
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Well, not all bike Jurnos are Wankers   Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:21 pm

The torque reaction he refers to is when the bike is stationery and he blips the throttle.
Every gumby raised on Jap across the frame four cylinders has the same reaction.

They should try a well tuned Norton Commando with isolastic rear end, stationery and blip the throttle it compresses the (stiff) rear suspension.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
keenerkeen07
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Well, not all bike Jurnos are Wankers   Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:29 pm

[quote="ghezzi"]The torque reaction he refers to is when the bike is stationery and he blips the throttle.
Every gumby raised on Jap across the frame four cylinders has the same reaction.

Hey...i resemble that remark..Laughing and what the frick is a gumby anyway.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Well, not all bike Jurnos are Wankers   Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:31 pm

Gumby was an early clay animation character, but here in OZ, calling someone a Gumby was to cast doubt on their intellect. Gumby was a good kids show on tv , if you have them.
Back to top Go down
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo

PostSubject: Re: Well, not all bike Jurnos are Wankers   Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:39 am

Hey Mike, if you want to make that Cali a real bitch in the corners, add a good set of shocks 1" longer than standard and drop the front 1/2".

Makes it look like an SUV with a lift kit, but it sure turns well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
mark111
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Well, not all bike Jurnos are Wankers   Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:10 am

Gumby for the uninitiated,

Back to top Go down
Street
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Well, not all bike Jurnos are Wankers   Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:21 pm

I'd forgotten how crudely done Gumby was, and how utterly creepy!
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Well, not all bike Jurnos are Wankers   Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:25 pm

ghezzi wrote:
Hey Mike, if you want to make that Cali a real bitch in the corners, add a good set of shocks 1" longer than standard and drop the front 1/2".

Makes it look like an SUV with a lift kit, but it sure turns well.

Hell Yeah!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Harry Paratestes
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Well, not all bike Jurnos are Wankers   Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:23 pm

Street wrote:
I'd forgotten how crudely done Gumby was, and how utterly creepy!

Speaking of creepy... How the fuck did Pokey get his name....?
Back to top Go down
Harry Paratestes
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Well, not all bike Jurnos are Wankers   Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:07 pm

You know, if you switch the names of the characters in the picture it makes a lot more sense...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   WTF?  What a Face
Back to top Go down
not-fishing
Carlotto
Carlotto

PostSubject: Re: Well, not all bike Jurnos are Wankers   Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:07 am

I miss Wes Siler on Rideapart, apparently his Truth to Authority didn't work out with the rest of the group.  

Being an old Fart I remember how in our younger days we sought "torque reaction" at stop lights or straight tracts of empty road in highly modified V8's on launch.

When did things change?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well, not all bike Jurnos are Wankers   Today at 9:45 pm

Back to top Go down

Well, not all bike Jurnos are Wankers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: